IG 2k List - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-13, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Varica's Flag is: USA

Default IG 2k List

Hey guys,

Here is a list I am working on. Trying to get some help ironing out my weak spots and trying to see if this list would be semi competitive. Thanks for taking a looking and providing some feedback.

HQ-
4MG, Astropath, Chimera w/standard load out

Troops-
2x Infantry platoons
PC-3GL
1x Squad-GL, Chimera w/standard load out
1x Squad-Flamethrower, Chimera w/stand load out
1x Squad-GL, Commissar
1x HW Squad-3 AC

Both Platoons load outs are the same

2x Veteran Squads w/3MG

Both Squad load outs are the same

Fast Attack-

2x Vendetta w/HB sponsons

Both Vendetta's are loaded out the same

Heavy Attack-

2x Leman Russ Battle tank w/HB sponsons

Both tanks are loaded out the same

Total=1995

Thoughts are this veterans are in the Vendetta's for scoring and vehicle killing. The squads without the Chimera and the Commissar will be with the HW squads protecting the home objectives hopefully hiding in some good ruins. I will be able to defend to home objectives with these squads. The four squads in the Chimera will work in teams of Flame thrower and GL. Each team will get to an objective further out and each team will try to spread out to give a chance for one team to get an objective. The CCS will stay with the rear teams and a PC will join up with each advancing team. The tanks will hunt down priority targets on their own.

That is my thoughts and I do not have very much experience in playing this game because I am more of a painter, but I am getting ready to start playing more. Any advise would much appreciated.

Updated the plan for the Command Squads

-VARICA

Last edited by Varica; 05-19-13 at 03:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-13, 08:16 PM

BornCanEmo's Flag is: Canada

I think that your army seems pretty good, But it doesn't seem that you have a lot of low AP Infantry stuff. Don't get me wrong, the meltaguns will take out a Termi anyday, but I would suggest putting one of the Vets with Plasma instead. Other then that, it seems pretty good
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-13, 03:34 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for your advice will look at the the plasma vets for one the squads. Was thinking about adding the plasma, but I looked at the melta and it was higher ap without the it gets hot just and is 5 points less only down side is the shorter range. Thought I could do drive bys with the melta. Is that not viable?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-13, 04:16 AM

BornCanEmo's Flag is: Canada

Yea, don't get me wrong that is viable but you will only get half as many wounds on that squad. And almost all models that have 2+ armor also have invul saves with them so your only hope is to use sheer amount with that. Its your army and if in your gaming circle you don't run into alot of 2+ infantry and more vehicles, then that is something that is better for you. (I run into Deathwing and Necrons alot so I need the plasma lol)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-13, 09:35 AM
Keen4e's Flag is: Czech Republic

I don't like those two commissars, because a commissar in a footslogging squad of 10 guardsmen is quite a waste. They are likely to be wiped out before they even take a ld test. I personally use commissars only in blobs of 30 or at least 20 guardsmen.

The Emperor protects.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-13, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Was thinking of combining the HW team with one 10 man team to get the leadership for giving orders. Does that tactic work or do you have to combine a certain amount of the platoon?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-13, 06:02 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Sorry, but you'll have to reread the "combined squads" rule--only standard infantry squads can be merged, not heavy weapon squads, special weapon squads, conscripts, or platoon command squads. Though there's nothing to stop you from joining a Lord Commissar to a HWS or have him within 6" of it for the LD bonus.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 03:25 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, just reread the how the squads work. Going to figure out what else i can put in this list if drop out the commissars.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 08:46 AM
Keen4e's Flag is: Czech Republic

I'd suggest a commissar lord. They provide a good support for HWTs, which are very vulnerable and can easily flee due to their low leadership. Just remember to put them 6" within each other.

The Emperor protects.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-13, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Thanks again for the great help Keen, I put a Commissar Lord in the list. I have 10 points left over should I give him a powerfist in case something tries to attack the 2xSquads protecting the HW teams or should I give him Carapace armor for a little bit better of a save.

-Varica

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Imperial Guard Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode