500pt Mech Guard - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-08-13, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
Legendaryk4's Flag is: USA

Default 500pt Mech Guard

Hello everybody! Just a little info. A couple years ago I made my very first 40k army which was IG. I played in 1 dubs tourny with a friend of mine and after that day I never played it again. I loved playing the game, but I had a lot of RL shit going on. I literally played my first game today in over 2 years, and loved every second of it. I now have some time to play.

Okay, I have a couple different lists. I just want everyone's opinion.

List 1:

CCS
-4 Plasma
-Chimara

Vets A
-3 Melta
-Vendetta

Vets B
-3 Melta

495pts

A friend of mine made this list. He thinks the Vets on the ground would be a good little blob.

List 2:

CCS
-2 Plasma
-Vendetta

Vets A
-2 Melta
-Chimara w/ Multi laser and Heavy Flamer

Vets B
-2 Melta
-Chimara w/ Multi laser and Heavy Flamer

500pts

This list I actually found on this site which is why I am here now. I like this list very much. I would just like to hear different opinions on both.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-08-13, 01:59 AM

Second one is better, but at 500 pts a flier is a little expensive for what it does. You have to wait for it to come on, it takes a large chunk of pts out, and it can be useless at lower level games since blobs are common in the lower level games. Not to mention people may hate you.

Maybe take a primaris psyker, put him in with some vets, get rid of one melta, and then buy a leman russ tank? AV14 will make people hate you too, but at least they aren't skyfiring at it hah.

The meltas on the vets are alright, but the anti terminator is good to have at least.

I would put 3 meltas in one chimera then the primaris with the vets in the other chimera so you don't mix roles.

Dear Lord the IG has tons of Dakka

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Imperial Guard Army Lists

Tags
-ig , 500 , 500pt , imperial guard , mech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode