Ig 2000 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-20-13, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Varica's Flag is: USA

Default Ig 2000

Hey guys here is my sixth ed list, was trying to field a strong all around army. Please leave some feed back if your able to. Thanks for taking a look.

1985 IG=

HQ-
Company Command Squad-
1 Vox Caster
3 Snipers
Astropath
Master of Ordance
Officer of the Fleet

Troops-
Infantry Platoonx3-
HQ- 3 Snipers, Vox Caster
3 Squads of Infantry 1xGL per Vox per
1xSqaud of 3 AC HW

Veteran Squadsx2-(To be loaded in the Vendetta's to be my forward objective takers.)
Grenadiers 2xFlamer 1x Heavy Flamer

Fast-
2x Vendetta's w/HB sponsons

Heavy-
2x Leman Russ Demolisher HB sponsons, pintle HS

I feel I have a pretty spread out list using the regular IG in the back to hold my objectives and put down enough AC fire to take the fast ground transports out and up to medium vehicles. The snipers I feel are the better option because you get the most out of them throughout the game, melta and plasma are great, but you might get one turn to use them before the enemy is in the fight. The snipers should be able to get a few turns of firing and will probably help take down some sgts or can put them all on a MC with orders. The vendetta's will be able to eat the other fliers and I will have a good vehicle to place some objective holders though out mid to late game. Lastly I went with the Demolisher's for my Heavy tank hunting, this part I am not sure how well it works because there job is target the AV 14 guys priority 1 and there range to do that is very short. I use the HB and HS because i can get a ton of shots on infantry driving up to the 24".

Thanks for the read.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-20-13, 05:45 PM

Astropath, MoO, and Officer of the fleet? That will gain a lot of attention from your opponents, especially if its moving with the platoon. Be wary as your opponent might just drop a template on them and there goes a chunk of your points.

Maybe drop a few points elsewhere and put them in a chimera? as long as you dont move you can use firepoints for snipers and you get a s6 gun and heavy bolter.

I would think about taking some stronger weapons than snipers. There not the best and very crunchy. If your set on snipers, a squad of ratlings can do better and you have all your elites open still. All IMO of course.

Other than that looks like a great list just make sure your Demolishers have support because you might run out of AT if your opponent ranges you.

GL
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-20-13, 07:09 PM
Keen4e's Flag is: Czech Republic

I have heard a hundred times that the doctrines are not worth the points, so I will just be spreading this message, which actually might be a myth. :D
Anyway if you want your unit to sit on an objective, I would reconsider the doctrine and rather give your veterans camo cloaks (I don't remember the name of the doctrine). It gives you also defensive grenades, so your squad will have a slightly better chances if assaulted.
I agree with Ryao that your HQ is a bit unprotected. A chimera might help against template drops.

The Emperor protects.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Imperial Guard Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode