1000 Point Tourny Cadian Guard - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-03-12, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Default 1000 Point Tourny Cadian Guard

Starting a basic 1000 point Tourny with some Friends and i would appreciate any Feedback on this IG group. Trouny will consist of mobile Cap and control, Attack and defend, and kill count. Standard Force org with Required 1 Elite unit

Company Command Squad, w/ Master of Ordnance

Veteran Squad Alpha, Autocannon, Grenade Launcher x3

Veteran Squad Bravo, Autocannon, Grenade Launcher x3

Storm Troop Squad, 5 Additional Units, Melta x2
Valkyrie Assault Ship, Delayed with Storm Troops, Multiple Rocket Pod

Scout Sentinal x2, Missile Launcher x2

Hellhound

Leman Russ Executioner

If my math is Right this should put me at 995 points. I did not lay out each units point value because you should have to books to check it.

Last edited by UnSRedstar; 01-03-12 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Math Fix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-06-12, 08:17 PM

HOBO's Flag is: Australia

Ok, no other takers so I'll give my 2c.

Overall a good list, love the HH and Executioner mainly. My take on the other units -

GL's are poor SW's, especially on Vets who really do need to achieve something of note in a game...only Melta/Plasma allow that. Against all AV GL's are outperformed by Melta/Plasma, and against all Infantry types GL's are outperformed by Flamers as well.

That said, GL's are cheap and versatile, and the range is ok and doesn't slow the unit's movement...just not killy enough often enough.

Not giving the CCS at least a HWT (let alone SW's) is missing a trick...use that BS4 for something decent, which Lasguns ain't.

Personally I think that Vets on foot are wasted...only 10 Men so simply can't take much damage so are easily killed. At least with platoons they can be combined and have a Commissar added, so they last far longer on foot than vets ever will - more wounds basically.

Sentinels - AC's are more versatile a weapon than ML's in most cases.

ST's - with 2 Meltaguns these guys are best kelp at 5 Men because they are quasi-suicidal anyway, plus it's all about the 2 SW's not the Hot Shots...I would consider dropping the 5 extra ST's and spend those points on more efficient SW's.

My take on it anyway...best of luck and welcome to Heresy, always great to have more IG'ers.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Imperial Guard Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode