Homebrew Chapter: Heralds of the Sun - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-11, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Chris Guard of Mardat's Flag is: England

Default Homebrew Chapter: Heralds of the Sun

I've been working on a Homebrew chapter recently, and I've finally finished it, so I thought I'd post it on here. I love using flamers so I've given most units the options of having a flamer . You'll need a copy of Codex: Space Marines to use the rules though.

The first two pages are a bit of history, followed by the colour scheme and the armoury.
The units available and their rules start on page 5

Comments and Criticism welcome
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Heralds of the Sun homebrew chapter v1.4 (pdf).pdf (101.5 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Chris Guard of Mardat; 05-08-11 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Updated the pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-11, 02:06 PM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Looks good! The one thing I'm slightly confused about, is in the Fire Bringers, it says they must take a flamer or heavy flamer. Did you mean may, or is it compulsory? Also, I think you may find that if you played with this codex, you wouldn't find it very competitive due to the lack of CC squads, such as terminators, as well as the unreplacable sternguards. I also noticed the lack of dreadnoughts - was this intentional?

Finally, fluff-wise, I liked it as it's kind of reminiscent of the Fall (DA) or the turn of the Astral Claws to chaos, but found it kind of cheesy in some places. May I recommend:
Finding a different name for the fallen captain - its sounds very cartoon-character like.
A more subtle chapter logo - the colours don't really match the armour, and could do with having some form of symbol e.g. a sword or fist (or flames to suit your fluff)

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-11, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
Looks good! The one thing I'm slightly confused about, is in the Fire Bringers, it says they must take a flamer or heavy flamer. Did you mean may, or is it compulsory?
That should be may, will change it.

Quote:
Also, I think you may find that if you played with this codex, you wouldn't find it very competitive due to the lack of CC squads, such as terminators, as well as the unreplacable sternguards. I also noticed the lack of dreadnoughts - was this intentional?
Dreadnoughts and Terminators are still there, Page 5 is the army list, Sternguards are replaced with Veterans, who can have special issue ammunition (Sternguard ammo)

Quote:
Finally, fluff-wise, I liked it as it's kind of reminiscent of the Fall (DA) or the turn of the Astral Claws to chaos, but found it kind of cheesy in some places. May I recommend:
Finding a different name for the fallen captain - its sounds very cartoon-character like.
I will change his name, Vladmir Boros should sound less like a cartoon character

Quote:
A more subtle chapter logo - the colours don't really match the armour, and could do with having some form of symbol e.g. a sword or fist (or flames to suit your fluff)
Which chapter symbol, the first is a sun or the second which is a sun and moon (to represent the breaking)?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-11, 04:06 PM
Spanner in the works...

Ahh cool
The second symbol - it just looks too blocky and contrasting.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-11, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Oh right, its only about 1/4 centimetre diameter on the shoulder, I just made the image that big so they were the same size, will try and take a picture for you at some point
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-11, 05:59 PM
Spanner in the works...

Cool - it probably looks better in RL than in the pic provided

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion > Houserules and Homebrews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode