If Master Chief was in the 40k universe - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-21-11, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

search116's Flag is: USA

Default If Master Chief was in the 40k universe

So this was just a thought in my head that came up when I was playing halo reach what would the master Chief be like in the 40k game. He is a special Charcter for the IG
This is what I came up with.
WS:7 BS:10 S:10 T:4 W:6 A:4 LD:10 2+3++
Special Rules: Fearless Relentless Deep Strike Feel no Pain Preferred enemy: Tau, Tyranid Eternal Warrior
Finish the Fight- When the Master Chief dies put the large blast marker on him all units under this marker die and the Master Chief goes back into reserve.
Perfect Aim-The master chief is such a good shot that he can snipe someone several miles away with hip firing. There fore he re-rolls to hit and wound when shooting.
Sheer Audacity- If the master Chief Deep Strikes,and he rolls a scatter all units that he passed over are tank shocked (if the unit fail there leadership test each model passed over takes a str5 hit) and the master chief takes a wound with no saves aloud.
Enormous strength-The Master Chief is so strong he counts as a monstrous creature in CC.
Luck of a thousand men: The master Cheif is so lucky he can roll a die when he drops to zero wounds if he rolls a 4+ he comes back up with one wound.

Wargear: Assault Rifle Assualt 6 str 4 ap4 rending 36"
Pistol str 5 ap1 48"
Sniper Rifle 4 str- ap5 72"
Close Combat Weapon
The Master Chief was shot with a prototype covenant weapon and was sent to a alternate timeline where the universe is much more populated and he isn't the last super solider created. Unknowingly he was enlisted in the Imperial Guard he is quickly moving through the ranks proving himself to be superior to space marines time and time again.The apothecary's of certain chapters wish to find out what makes him stand out even when compared to the space marines only time will tell how this plays out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-21-11, 11:54 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

John Torode and Gregg Wallace would stuff themselves on Grox Curry.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 12:07 AM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

If Master Chief was in the 40k universe one bolter shell would most likely put him down.

Consider one shot from a sniper rifle in Halo punches through his shields and reduces his health to almost 0. Those guns do not fire .70 caliber mass reactive explosive mini rockets. He'd be screwed 6 ways to Sunday. His armor would be a 4+ at the most, his shield would give him a 5++ (maybe).

Secondly, his wargear would be all wrong as we know his battle rifle does not use ammo anywhere near the caliber of a Bolter round so it can't be Str/AP 4. I would say Str 3 AP -

Third: Str 10? Really? You think Master Chief is stronger then a Carnifex? He's str 4 at the very most.

Fourth: 6 Wounds? Does he even have enough body mass to cover that? Creatures like the Trygon, Trygon Prime, Tervigon, and a Trynnofex have 6 wounds, not some lowly mortal. I'd give him 3 wounds tops, should really only have 2.

Master Chief would get beaten down so badly by a Space Marine/nid, /Deamon/Necron it wouldn't even matter.

Then again, fan-boys will jump on me for saying this with the normal "ZOMG SPARTANS ARE THE BEST!112!!!!221! Master Chief could solo the ENTIRE 40k universe."

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 12:11 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusword77 View Post
Then again, fan-boys will jump on me for saying this with the normal "ZOMG SPARTANS ARE THE BEST!112!!!!221! Master Chief could solo the ENTIRE 40k universe."
No, fans might jump on you for taking a joke WAY to fucking seriously. Jesus dude.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 12:25 AM

KingOfCheese's Flag is: Australia

Seems a little over the top.
I doubt his stats would be much better than a marine.

WS 4 or 5
BS 5
S 3 or 4
T 3 or 4
W 1 or 2
I 4
A 2
Ld 10
Sv 4++

Oh yeah, thread moved from General 40K to Houserules and Homebrews.

post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 12:25 AM

Hooobit's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusword77 View Post
If Master Chief was in the 40k universe one bolter shell would most likely put him down.

Consider one shot from a sniper rifle in Halo punches through his shields and reduces his health to almost 0. Those guns do not fire .70 caliber mass reactive explosive mini rockets. He'd be screwed 6 ways to Sunday. His armor would be a 4+ at the most, his shield would give him a 5++ (maybe).

Secondly, his wargear would be all wrong as we know his battle rifle does not use ammo anywhere near the caliber of a Bolter round so it can't be Str/AP 4. I would say Str 3 AP -

Third: Str 10? Really? You think Master Chief is stronger then a Carnifex? He's str 4 at the very most.

Fourth: 6 Wounds? Does he even have enough body mass to cover that? Creatures like the Trygon, Trygon Prime, Tervigon, and a Trynnofex have 6 wounds, not some lowly mortal. I'd give him 3 wounds tops, should really only have 2.

Master Chief would get beaten down so badly by a Space Marine/nid, /Deamon/Necron it wouldn't even matter.

I'm a massive Halo fan.... but this was exactly what i was thinking whilst reading this thread.

The thing to remember is, It's all relevent. In the halo universe he is very strong (both mentally and physically), he has good equipment (Mjolnr armour and shields), great training (trained from the age of 6?) and access to all weapons at the time. He own's people in his timeline......but 40k isn't his timeline.

The issue is that most people see how well some weapons do against power armour or read about how some armies are great in combat, but seem to forget that a lasrifle is used becaus it is better than a standard projectile weapon or that space marines are 8ft tall and are trained to kill for decades, maybe even centuries in the cases of high ranking SM.

The weapons and tech of the 41st millenium may seem ineffective at times, but thats only because everthing has advanced whilst staying equal. e.g. peope used to use bows and swords to fight wars whilst wearing armour, now we use guns and bombs to fight with whilst wearing body armour. effectively the same, but one example is 100's of year ahead the other.

Also, FYI Halo:reach cotains maily spartan III's where as the chief was a spartan II. Details make all the diffference

Everyone has a purpose, just so happens mine is more of an example to others of what NOT to do.

I know it's time to go to bed when the last post in every thread has been written by me.

Hooobit, nothing more nothing less.
XBL: Hooobit
PSN: Hooobit

post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 12:25 AM

Deathscythe4722's Flag is: USA

See, im not sure if troll here.

Probably troll, because this is blatantly stupid.

But maybe not troll, because Halo fanboys are like Chaos Cultists: They can pop up anywhere, be anyone, and their potential for idiocy is unlimited.
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 12:38 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722 View Post
But maybe not troll, because Halo fanboys are like Chaos Cultists: They can pop up anywhere, be anyone, and their potential for idiocy is unlimited.
sounds just like the description for anti-halo fanboys as well, how weird hey, so many similarites

post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 12:58 AM

Deathscythe4722's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
sounds just like the description for anti-halo fanboys as well, how weird hey, so many similarites
Not sure what you're getting at here. Most people agree that Halo was a moderately good game that had an above-average story. Some people however believe that Halo was the best thing in the history of the universe and that the Master Chief could solo the entire Multiverse, and go out of their way to tell fans of anything not Halo how much better Halo is than everything else.

Either way your thinly veiled insults are not appreciated.
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

search116's Flag is: USA

First off how am I trolling and I admit I am a bit of a fan boy but not a bias one.second balls to you for calling me a idiot. Has anyone seen a space marine jump out of a orbiting space ship and survive the master chief has that's why I gave him that invulnerable save and I'm a little curious how your going to argue that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion > Houserules and Homebrews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode