If Master Chief was in the 40k universe - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 06:06 PM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
everyone these days wants full games for $20, not gonna happen though, why would a game industry make a full game for $20?, unless they want to go out of business
$20 = extra maps for a game, not a full game
you wana t a full game for $20 buy it second hand

but anyway.
The "game" wasn't a full game. It added 4 maps to multiplayer with a 4 hour single player mode. Hell, it came with a DVD that contained "The full Halo 3 Multiplayer Mode," which most people had as they were playing Halo 3 multiplayer before hand. If you have to package another games multiplayer into your own to call it a "full game" it's not a full game.

If I wanted to re-buy half of Halo 3 plus all it's maps I would have. I wanted a decent sized single player with a bunch of new maps for $60.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 06:11 PM

Hooobit's Flag is: England

Spartans are more of a Scalpel force, small, agile, fast and stealthy. Designed for putting down a rebellion and hunting a guerilla force.

Where as space marines come across more like a broadsword, big, heavy armoured, hard hitting and designed for conquest/ war.

Both are super soldiers but both have different roles to fill. They would work pretty well together if given the chance.

something more like this seems right,
BS-5 WS-5 S-5 T-4 W-2 I-5 A-2 LD-10 SV-3+/3++

Everyone has a purpose, just so happens mine is more of an example to others of what NOT to do.

I know it's time to go to bed when the last post in every thread has been written by me.

Hooobit, nothing more nothing less.
XBL: Hooobit
PSN: Hooobit

post #33 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 06:23 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusword77 View Post
The "game" wasn't a full game. It added 4 maps to multiplayer with a 4 hour single player mode
in the modern world of awful shitty games like medal of honors 2 hour single player and shite multiplayer, 4 hours of single player and 4 extra maps to a working multiplayer is 2 full games worth of content, you should consider yourself blessed.

post #34 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 06:48 PM

Phil73805's Flag is: United Kingdom

So, if I'm getting this right, Master Chief is more like a Space Marine scout?
post #35 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil73805 View Post
Same kinda role as a scout, just better at doing it. 4+ save probably is a better shout than what i gave him of a 3+.

Everyone has a purpose, just so happens mine is more of an example to others of what NOT to do.

I know it's time to go to bed when the last post in every thread has been written by me.

post #36 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 07:02 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil73805 View Post
He isn't really a scout. He is more of like the guy you send in to kill a particular person after your scout identifies the location. A Spartan group is more like a black ops kill team. So he is similar in some ways, but still different.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
post #37 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 07:32 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Agree with Stella. The reason everyone compared modern FPS to Halo is the fact that the first Halo broke WASD single weapon fire mold of FPS of yesteryear. One day it will be toppled by a newer innovative system and we will start comparing games to that.

Kinda like how a lot of folks compare every model game to WH40K.
post #38 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 09:10 PM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooobit View Post
Spartans are more of a Scalpel force, small, agile, fast and stealthy. Designed for putting down a rebellion and hunting a guerilla force.

Where as space marines come across more like a broadsword, big, heavy armoured, hard hitting and designed for conquest/ war.

Both are super soldiers but both have different roles to fill. They would work pretty well together if given the chance.

something more like this seems right,
BS-5 WS-5 S-5 T-4 W-2 I-5 A-2 LD-10 SV-3+/3++
I would rather take a Spartan with those stats then a Marine. I would go more with something like this for a stat line:

BS-4 WS-4 S-4 T-3 -W-2 I-4 A-2 LD-8 Sv-4+/6++ tops.

A Spartan would be better then a Storm Trooper (which would be the equal of an ODST Trooper) but not the equal of a Marine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
in the modern world of awful shitty games like medal of honors 2 hour single player and shite multiplayer, 4 hours of single player and 4 extra maps to a working multiplayer is 2 full games worth of content, you should consider yourself blessed.
If you consider 4 hour single player with 4 maps for multiplayer, for a different game no less, a blessing I have a bridge to sell you.

I would also play some of BorderLands. $10 DLC that added anywhere from 4-20 hours of gameplay per DLC. There were 4 of them. Maybe they should have sold them as $60 games as well.
post #39 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 09:16 PM

Quote:
I would rather take a Spartan with those stats then a Marine. I would go more with something like this for a stat line:

BS-4 WS-4 S-4 T-3 -W-2 I-4 A-2 LD-8 Sv-4+/6++ tops.

A Spartan would be better then a Storm Trooper (which would be the equal of an ODST Trooper) but not the equal of a Marine.

I did take the stats from a UNSC Fandex i made, Spartan 2's were a 0-1 elites choice, ODST's were akin to storm troopers, marines to veteran troopers and UNSC army was the regular guard type.

I might actually post it.

post #40 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-22-11, 09:27 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
That would depend on whether you are looking at a SpartanII in the vid or a Spartan in the books, but, again, they wouldn't be better or worse than a marine, they are different.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion > Houserules and Homebrews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode