Provisional Homebrew Ideas - Feedback please! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-07-11, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
I am wary to put an 'arms race' in by trying to have X USRs each or whatever...
lol Vaz.

I don't aim for a set number, just things to appropriately represent the Legions.

Stealth in Ruins (akin to Kroot's Woods ability) would make sense largely, but is too situational and limiting. I don't want your army to become worse because the table happens not to have the correct terrain type.

Daemonic Visage is an idea, and not one I dislike - but I didn't know if it would be streamlined enough to put in 'Ancient Enemy' with the other stuff.

Kai Gun is certainly something I wish to revisit - but I don't want to make the Warsmith just a 'Chaos MotF' by giving it to him over DPs. Just feels like you should play as Codex : Space Marines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-07-11, 09:00 PM
ItsPug's Flag is: United Kingdom

Giving NL jetpacks isn't gonna make them any faster, if anything it makes them slower. Jetpacks only move 6" in the movement phase so you have a max 12" charge, JPs have a max 18" charge.

As for the IW maybe do a cross between the techmarine ability to reinforce a ruin and stubborn (ie IW player picks one terrain piece in deployment zone, now counts as fortified, +1 cover save and assault grenades don't work, IW units count as stubborn while inside?)

Overall Tournament Game Results W:78 D:22 L:32
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-07-11, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
I Piss in your Cheerios

Oh!

Tangential idea!

Remove IW Stealth, and give them Def Grenades! Excellent!

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-11, 04:20 AM

Dawnstar's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsPug View Post
Giving NL jetpacks isn't gonna make them any faster, if anything it makes them slower. Jetpacks only move 6" in the movement phase so you have a max 12" charge, JPs have a max 18" charge.
Jetpacks get to move an extra 6" in the assault phase and get to move 6" in the movement and 6" assault, and gain relentless.

Jump Packs move 12" in the movement phase, and have a 6" assault range.

Jet packs are better, because they give relentless. These is no movement difference at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Mate, bacon can do anything.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-11, 04:40 AM

killmaimburn's Flag is: USA

Unless I read the rules wrong, there is a movement difference, in that they can't go 12 in the movement phase, thus shortening their effective charge threat range. So while great for tau to Jump shoot jump, raptors and assault marines would prefer to get 12" closer to the enemy and be able to charge that turn. Relentless would be really situational as unless TKE makes major changes they won't be carrying more than 2 rapid fire weapons in any squad size.

I had a couple of other trait style ideas (although I do like the meltabombs and defensive grenades):
IW - to represent both siege and 'Forlorn Hope' style warfare (Storm of Iron, McNeil)

Warsmith may purchase one of two special rules (names are placeholders) "First into the breach" - squads of types X, Y, Z, receive +1 WS and +1A when they have a model within 6" of the character. A squad joined by the character also receives furious charge.

"Master of the siege" - squads of types X, Y, Z receive +1 BS and the 'tank hunters' special rule within 6" of character. A squad joined by the character also receives relentless.

I would like to receive some feedback on the above. I have great respect for you, TKE, and admire the work you are doing with this chaos codex. I just think that chaos needs some force multipliers and ability bubbles from (suitably toughened up, I hope) HQ choices that offer flexibility could be a cool idea to work with outside of the special character realm. I'm basing this on characters like the Khan and Dante who provide significant bonuses to their own units, as well was w/e the space wolf character's name is, and the presence of several "bubble" force bonuses in recent codices such as blood angels and space wolves psychic powers, the sanguinor, and pedro cantor.

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-11, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
I Piss in your Cheerios

Will comment more on this later (will edit in, if no other posts) but rest assured things like the Corrupted Chirurgeon (HQ unit, not Fabius' Wargear), Dark Mechanicus, Arch-Anarchist, and certain SCs will have 'bubble' effects.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion > Houserules and Homebrews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode