Ragnar02ís Alternate Heresy Generator - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-25-10, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Ragnar02's Flag is: Scotland

Icon Ragnar02ís Alternate Heresy Generator

I am really fascinated in the Horus Heresy, so when the Dornian Heresy came out over at the B&C it inspired me to make this random heresy generator. Who knows, maybe it could be the inspiration for your next army. So may I present:

Ragnar02’s Alternate Heresy Generator

The Betrayer

To decide who becomes Horus’ replacement roll 4D6 then consult the chart below. The Primarch next to the result of the combined dice has been chosen as the great betrayer.

4. Jaghatai Khan
5. Leman Russ
6. Sanguinius
7. Re-roll the dice
8. Angron
9. Roboute Guilliman
10. Magnus the Red
11. Lorgar
12. Fulgrim
13. Corax
14. Perturabo
15. Re-roll the dice
16. Horus
17. Ferrus Manus
18. Konrad Curze / Night Haunter
19. Re-roll the dice
20. Mortarion
21. Rogal Dorn
22. Vulkan
23. Lion El’Jonson
24. Alpharius / Omegon

Now for the loyalties generator. Roll a dice for each of the legions below = if the result is a 3, 4 or 5, then the legion and their Primarch remain loyal to the Emperor.

1, 2 or 6 then the legion turn their back on the Emperor and pledge their services to the Chaos Gods. If the legion is Chaos then you must roll another dice. If the result is a 1 or 3 then the legion have not dedicated themselves to any one god and become Chaos Undivided. The Primarch who was chosen as the Great Betrayer’s legion are automatically Chaos Undivided without rolling.

If the result is a 2, then this particular legion have become dedicated to Tzeentch, the Changer of the Ways.

If the result is a 4, then the legion are changed in the bathing of their enemies’ blood and become servants of the Blood God, Khorne.

If the result is a 5, then the legion have been taken in by Grandfather Nurgle, the Great Lord of Decay

If the result is a 6, then the legion have been dedicated to the Prince of Pleasure, Slannesh.

If not all of the Gods of Chaos have a legion then you must make the last chaos legion/s dedicated to those gods/god. If there is still more then one then you must still roll but make it more restricted so its either one or the other.

There may ever only be one each of the four gods controlling a legion. If the dice is rolled and you already have a legion dedicated to that god, they then automatically become Chaos Undivided (for example, you roll the dice for Space Wolves and get Chaos, you roll it again and it come up with Khorne. But you already have the World Eaters as Khorne so the Space Wolves instead become Chaos Undivided).

There can only ever be 9 Imperial and 9 Chaos to make it fair, but you could change this however you want (just don’t claim credit please for the main idea).

Emperor’s Children =
White Scars =
Space Wolves =
Blood Angels =
World Eaters =
Ultramarines =
Thousand Sons =
Word Bearers =
Raven Guard =
Dark Angels =
Iron Warriors =
Sons of Horus =
Night Lords =
Iron Hands =
Death Guard =
Imperial Fists =
Salamanders =
Alpha Legion =

You come up with the background/history though. If you post it here and come up with lots of imaginative things then I will give those that I really like a rep point.

Hope you liked it and hope you post your ideas/results.

"Remember what Bernabus preached? He thought the universe created champions to battle the forces of evil, that we weren't freaks of nature, but carefully chosen warriors. I used to think he was loco, but not any more."- Grubbs Grady, Wolf Island

"Treat them with honour, my Brothers.
Not because they will bring us victory this day,
but because their fate will one day be ours."
-Astorath the Grim, Blood Angels High Chaplain

Last edited by Ragnar02; 05-26-10 at 04:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-25-10, 09:56 PM

fishywinkles's Flag is: Australia

Okay lets change some history.

The Betrayer: Perturabo

Now lets see who follows

Emperorís Children = Loyal
White Scars = Traitors (Tzeentch)
Space Wolves = Traitors (Undivided)
Blood Angels = Traitors (Nurgle)
World Eaters = Loyal
Ultramarines = Traitors (Slaanesh)
Thousand Sons = Loyal
Word Bearers = Loyal
Raven Guard = Traitors (Undivided)
Dark Angels = Loyal
Iron Warriors = Traitor (Automatic)
Sons of Horus = Loyal
Night Lords = Loyal
Iron Hands = Traitor (Khorne)
Death Guard = Traitor (Undivided)
Imperial Fists = Loyal
Salamanders = Traitor (Undivided)
Alpha Legion = Loyal

Wow. Only the Death Guard and Iron Warriors remained traitors this time.

I would also like to point out that Fulgrim is currently never going to be the Warmaster, because the lowest score on 4D6 is 4.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-26-10, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishywinkles View Post
I would also like to point out that Fulgrim is currently never going to be the Warmaster, because the lowest score on 4D6 is 4.
Ahh... Opps. Yeah, I'll fix that now.

"Remember what Bernabus preached? He thought the universe created champions to battle the forces of evil, that we weren't freaks of nature, but carefully chosen warriors. I used to think he was loco, but not any more."- Grubbs Grady, Wolf Island

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-27-10, 05:57 PM
(╯į□į)╯︵ ┻━┻

warsmith7752's Flag is: United Kingdom

Bah! Sangunis and the angels turning to nurgle no matter what the dice gods say its never going to happen.

The betrayer : Konrad Kurze

Emperor’s Children =
White Scars = Traitors (Undivided)
Blood Angels = Loyalists
World Eaters = Loyalists
Ultramarines = Loyalists
Thousand Sons = Loyalists
Word Bearers = Traitors (Undivided)
Raven Guard = Traitors (Slanesh)
Dark Angels = Loyalists
Iron Warriors = Traitors (Undivided)
Sons of Horus = Loyalists
Iron Hands = Traitors (Khorne)
Death Guard = Loyalists
Imperial Fists = Traitors (Tzeenth)
Salamanders = loyalists
Alpha Legion =loyalists

Kurze was drivnen insane by the emporors lack of effection for him and was contacted by the dark gods. Kurze knew he would never take down his fathers empire with brute force so he adopted more subtle methods. On a visit to terra Kurze set a bomb in his fathers chambers but it did not explode. The emporor found out it was kurze and he gathered his fleet to crush him. Kurze fled he was chased by his brohers intent on spilling his blood. He reached the eye of terror where disapeared into it. The legions knew better than to attack the eye so they fell back. Over the next thousand years kurze planted his mean around important inmperial heald worlds ready for devastating chain of assasinations. During his time in the warp kurze had developed certain powers and he sent dreams to his brothers beging them to betray thier father for all of the wrongs he had commited. 7 Did, Kurzes men carried out thier assasinaions without fail and managed to kill warmaster horus. The legions that turned then attacked thier brothers and a massive civil war started.

current win rates;
csm 3/1/1
daemons 1/0/0

Last edited by warsmith7752; 05-27-10 at 06:14 PM.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-28-10, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by warsmith7752 View Post
The betrayer : Konrad Kurze
How come you dont have the Night Lords there then?

Quote:
Emperorís Children =
White Scars = Traitors (Undivided)
Blood Angels = Loyalists
World Eaters = Loyalists
Ultramarines = Loyalists
Thousand Sons = Loyalists
Word Bearers = Traitors (Undivided)
Raven Guard = Traitors (Slanesh)
Dark Angels = Loyalists
Iron Warriors = Traitors (Undivided)
Sons of Horus = Loyalists
Iron Hands = Traitors (Khorne)
Death Guard = Loyalists
Imperial Fists = Traitors (Tzeenth)
Salamanders = loyalists
Alpha Legion =loyalists
What allegance is the Emperors Children and where is the Nurgle legion?

Quote:
Kurze was drivnen insane by the emporors lack of effection for him and was contacted by the dark gods. Kurze knew he would never take down his fathers empire with brute force so he adopted more subtle methods. On a visit to terra Kurze set a bomb in his fathers chambers but it did not explode. The emporor found out it was kurze and he gathered his fleet to crush him. Kurze fled he was chased by his brohers intent on spilling his blood. He reached the eye of terror where disapeared into it. The legions knew better than to attack the eye so they fell back. Over the next thousand years kurze planted his mean around important inmperial heald worlds ready for devastating chain of assasinations. During his time in the warp kurze had developed certain powers and he sent dreams to his brothers beging them to betray thier father for all of the wrongs he had commited. 7 Did, Kurzes men carried out thier assasinaions without fail and managed to kill warmaster horus. The legions that turned then attacked thier brothers and a massive civil war started.
awesome fluff dude!

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-02-10, 09:06 PM
Rattlehead

In my version of the tale, Horus was sent to cleanse the Istvaan system. On the voyage, Mortarion sought council with him, but instead poured the machinations of the Chaos Gods into his ear. Knowing of Horus' position as Warmaster, Mortarion reasoned that he could swerve more legions to his cause than some of the other Primarchs. Horus called a meeting of all nearby Primarchs, who happened to be Magnus, Lorgar, Curze and the noble Sanguinus.

Horus told them of the great powers to be theirs, and each aligned themselves with one of the four. Magnus, who had forever spent his time trying to gain knowledge on Prospero, decided that he deserved a pleasurable vacation and fell into the embrace of the Dark Prince. Curze, who had ever been plagued with visions, sided himself with Tzeentch in an effort to stop these nightmares.

Sanguinus was at first reluctant, but found that in close up combat, the ability of pain immunity proved to great a lure and he became the champion of Grandfather Nurgle. Finally, Lorgar discovered that his rituals had ever been watched by Khorne, and the great Cathedrals of the Word Bearers became bloated on depraved Blood Sacrifices.

Gradually, the word spread from Primarch to Primarch that Horus and his lieutenants had been corrupted. For Rogal Dorn, Corax and the Lion El'Johnson, the unnatural powers of chaos swayed them and the attack on Terra was formulated...

Rogal Dorn knew the Terran defences inside out, and he alone knew of a secret exit, built if the Emperor was ever in peril. A small force of the Sons of Horus snuck into this entrance as the mighty batteries of Perturabo and Dorn battered the palace walls. This strike team was eliminated by Fulgrim and Guilliman, who had been organizing a counter attack before they stumbled across the traitors. This was the gauntlet thrown.

The Emperor and his loyal sons battled across the plains bordering the Imperial Palace, a force to be reckoned with as they strode through the mightiest of bombardments without harm. Eventually they came across the five original traitors atop a great rocky plateau; Magnus, now lightning fast and sweating an alluring perfume, was cut down by Leman Russ, but no sooner was the Red Witch dead when Sanguinus appeared. The Great Wolf slashed and hacked at the Vampire but to no avail. With a great sword dripping with filth, Sanguinus beheaded Russ, intestines slopping over his former brother. As the battle went on, and the remaining Primarchs were cut down, no one stopped to see the duel between Mortarion and the Emperor. The Death Guard Primarch unleashed foul noxious fumes that had been brought from his home planet, but he Emperor's armour dispelled the vile gases.

As Mortarion forced the Emperor back, the Master of Man saw a great opportunity. He feigned weakness, falling backwards. As the fallen Primarch stood over him, ready to bring his scythe cleaving downwards, the Emperor threw his great sword at the gate mechanism. The spiked golden portcullis thundered down, biting into Mortarion. As he fell to the ground, he wept, and a great darkness was lifted from his eyes. As he slowly bled to death, he whispered 'O Father, what have I done?'. The Emperor desperately tried to lift the gate, seeing now that it was not his son who had done this terrible thing. The gates were strong, and the Emperor could not lift them. He collapsed, sobbing, knowing that he had killed his own son. The forces of chaos fled in disarray.

When the other Loyalists found him, they hijacked the gate mechanism and opened it before leaving the Emperor with his son's almost lifeless body. As Mortarion slowly died, the Imperator tried to cover the wounds he had made with his hands, but damage was too great, and his hands too small. He decided he could not live with what he had done, so sat upon the Golden Throne, where he still resides to this day, desperately searching the spirit plane for the soul of his dead son.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

Last edited by MidnightSun; 06-03-10 at 08:36 AM.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-19-10, 09:37 AM

shas'o Thraka's Flag is: England

OMG......

Midnight that was awesome! + rep.

Click now....and you may join the greater good!

8th Edition Lizardmen:
Wins-Draws-Loses: 4-0-1
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-19-10, 10:30 AM
Rattlehead

Thanks. Start of the road to become Fluff King...

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-25-10, 12:50 PM

Daddysen's Flag is: USA

to warsmith7752

and why couldn't Sanguinius follow nurgle. Oh is it becasue there could not possibly be an uncurable disease that affects the blood. oh wait what about AIDS. sounds like Nurgle to me. don't get your feeling hurt just because your sexy Primarch got molested haha. Come sit on Grampa Nurgles Lap... lets play a suprise game ...close your eyes and open your mouth....haha this is too much.. ok ok i quit i am sorry i just couldn't resist that was too much fun. but you know nurgle would do it and that fat belly would jiggle with his chuckles the whole time.

Draw them in with the prospect of gain, take them by confusion. - Sun Tzu
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-10, 01:28 PM

Primarch Lorgar's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
Finally, Lorgar discovered that his rituals had ever been watched by Khorne, and the great Cathedrals of the Word Bearers became bloated on depraved Blood Sacrifices.
huh, I'd have guessed I'd have been slaanesh! awsome,dude!

"And when the accused are confounded and confined to flames of woe, rejoice and call upon Me, your savior."
Lacrimosa, verse 89

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion > Houserules and Homebrews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode