Amethis- Primarch of the Amethyst Brothers - II legion. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-09, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Alex's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Amethis- Primarch of the Amethyst Brothers - II legion.

These are the rules for the primarch of the II legion. The background behind the Amethyst Brothers can be found by following the link in my signature.
Amethis 500 points
Primarch of the Amethyst Brothers

WS - 8
BS - 6
S - 6
T - 6
W - 5
I - 8
A - 5
Ld - 10
Sv - 2/3*

Special Rules - And They Shall Know No Fear, Independent Character, Eternal Warrior, Gift of Foresight,Failure is Not An Option.

Wargear - Artificer Armour, Cloak of Light, Frag and Krak Grenades, Spear of Destiny, Storm Bolter.

Primarch
- A Primarch may pick-and-choose his opponents in close combat, they also never have to make a test for moving through difficult terrain.
- Primarchs have the Feel No Pain special rule and the Furious charge ability.
Primarchs instill a fear in their enemies = - 2 to their Leadership.

Gift of Foresight - Amethis has such foresight that his initiative is raised to 8 due to his awareness of danger on the battlefield.

Spear of Eternity - This Spear was forged by Amethis out of diamond, and is a fearsome weapon. The light bursting from it is so bright that enemies are momentarily stunned when they attack.
The Spear counts as a power weapon and in addition causes all enemy units to lose d3 attacks in the first round of close combat with Amethis.

Cloak of Light - A cloak that gleams with radiance, projecting a field from it’s surface that protects the wearer from harm
The cloak gives Amethis a 3+ invulnerable save.

Failure is not an option - If Amethis is killed all Amethyst Brother units within 10 inches gain +1 attack and may re-roll all hits and wounds in close combat to represent their desire to protect the sacred body of their primarch.

Builder of the Lego Manta

40K Farsight Enclaves
WFB - Brettonians

Last edited by Alex; 08-11-09 at 07:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-09, 06:35 PM
Ste

Ste's Flag is: United Kingdom

Its pretty good mate maybe 520 points
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-09, 11:40 PM

the name of the spear changed and frsight was listed twice. Other than that pretty good. I'll be checking ou the fluff.

"A true king is never alone, his will is equal to the will of all of his followers."
-Alexander the Great, kind of

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-09, 03:28 AM
Banned

A bit over the top having FNP, Eternal Warrior, MC, a 3+ Invul Save and Furious Charge

Drop FNP as he already can't be killed instantly and he has a 3+ Invul Save, 4 wounds I think is legit in my opininon Abbadon is a good focus for building off Primarch-Like Characters. Get rid of the MC rule aswell he's already S8 in Combat and 9 on the charge thanks to FC that's enough to tear through tanks. Maybe just leave out FC aswell
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-09, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Ste - That seems about right, now I've edited it tho he loses a few special rules so I think maybe 480 pts?

Col.Schafer - Thanks for noticing those typing mistakes.

Blue Liger - I've removed the monstrous creature and the feel no pain, but I think I'll keep the furious charge as I think a primarch charging is represented well by it.

40K Farsight Enclaves
WFB - Brettonians
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-09, 11:16 AM
Banned

A strenght 9 Primarch I'm a little wary about I mean if you then compared the emperpor to that he wouldn't fit into the game boundaries a bit over powered in strength I know S5 isn't much but striking at I9 with S9 on the charge is a little overdone make him make him S5 he will still be stronger than any marine leader on the charge bar Lysander but he strikes last this way you can them compensate with and extra attack
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-09, 11:19 AM

BrotherYorei's Flag is: USA

how does he get strength 8, WS 8, and where does the 5 attacks come from? i think 520 points is still good for his stats.

check out my new blog. more forthcoming.
www.brotheryorei.blogspot.com
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-09, 11:21 AM
Banned

Yer everyone wants an overpowerd fool for so little points it's practically the emperor right there
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-09, 11:33 AM

BrotherYorei's Flag is: USA

i did not say 520 points was the correct pointage. i said it was good for those stats. (as in good for the player using such a fig) i dont know what points he should be, but obviously should be more.

check out my new blog. more forthcoming.
www.brotheryorei.blogspot.com
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-09, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

After trying him out a bit I agree the points cost needs to be higher. I've looked at Gore Hunters versions on this thread - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...light=primarch and they range from 700-900 but are much stronger all round. I was thinking maybe 600 pts and reducing the base strength to 5 as Blue Liger suggested.

40K Farsight Enclaves
WFB - Brettonians

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion > Houserules and Homebrews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode