Outsider and Void Dragon. - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-21-09, 05:51 PM

Concrete Hero's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
So you couldn't stop typing for 30seconds and go get the Codex? K...
What I didn't want to do was go upstairs and have to negotiate my way through a store room and move a considerable amount of heavy boxes, not sure that could be done in 30 seconds

[Insert heavy asthmatic breathing here] "You assumed to much"

And Alex, I thought Ferrus 'drowned' a dragon type creature in lava? That's why he's got crazy metal hands as a replacement.

Don't suppose it matters too much really, GW will decide who the flavour of the month is and bless them with the golden stats!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-21-09, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
That was Vulkan Hestan and it was a Salamander/ Fire Drake, thus giving the reason for his legions name. The Emperor apparently defeated the Void Dragon in its weakened state and kept it on Mars for his own purpose. I'm not very clear on this as it's in the only Horus Heresy book I haven't read yet.
On a further note this appears to have become a discussion on the C'tan, which is fine but has anyone got any comments on the rules for my guys? They may seem a bit too good, but I now have to go against the Emperor reborn and Horus Reborn(people may have seen Ste's rules for Horus on the site.), who placed together are very hard to beat.
No I'm pretty sure it was Ferrus cos he got his metal hands that way after he wrestled the dragon sticking it into lava was the only idea he had left when his hands emerged from the lava they were tougher than adamantium and obviously far more powerful oh and a lot shinier the only thing Vulkan did was the emp challenged vulkan to find the biggest Drake slay it and bring it down the mountain Vulkan did this but ended up falling of a ledge hanging for dear life at which point the Emp saved him.

Last edited by Air Meister; 01-21-09 at 06:36 PM.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-21-09, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Alex's Flag is: United Kingdom

You're quite right Air meister he did fight a wyrm, and drowned it in Magma. Was thinking more about Vulkan for some reason, due to it saying something in the fluff about the emperor laying his salamander across a pool of lava.

Builder of the Lego Manta

40K Farsight Enclaves
WFB - Brettonians

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-21-09, 07:54 PM

Gore Hunter's Flag is: England

i'm not quite sure what Ferrus fought i think it was a Wyrm but there were rumours saying that it was the void dragon but i dug out a set of rules i made Eons ago they have a bit of info on the whole fight thing

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...t=Ferrus+Manus

post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-22-09, 01:36 PM

Garrowan5th's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerGod View Post
The Emperor never did anything, Humans where thousands of years away from existing when the war with the C'Tan was tearing up the galaxy.

For that matter Slannesh did not exist either.

The Outsider was tricked in to killing other C'tan because he was stronger then the rest, how ever the Nightbringer was most FEARED of all the C'tan because he controlled the largest army and traveled around tormenting all killing everything with no general plan in mind.
It is now established canon, the emperor whooped Voidy and put him on mars.
Voidy was hiding from the others on Earth at the time, eating maiden and slaying knights in the pre dark ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
You're quite right Air meister he did fight a wyrm, and drowned it in Magma. Was thinking more about Vulkan for some reason, due to it saying something in the fluff about the emperor laying his salamander across a pool of lava.
Vulkan killoed a salamander in a contest with the Emperor. Ferrus killed a wyrm. They are both pretty similar characters; masters of forgery, kileld fire monsters, big hammers etc etc.

Vth

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-23-09, 08:40 PM

Gore Hunter's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrowan5th View Post

Vulkan killoed a salamander in a contest with the Emperor. Ferrus killed a wyrm. They are both pretty similar characters; masters of forgery, kileld fire monsters, big hammers etc etc.
a key difference would be the metal hands and Ferrus choosing techmarines and dreadnoughts whereas as Vulkan was obssessed with meltas

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion > Houserules and Homebrews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode