Outsider and Void Dragon. - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-09, 07:23 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Railguns has said what I've heard - the Essence of the Night Bringer / Deciever is something that can be taken as an Upgrade for the Necron Lord, a la Dawn of War.

I like that idea, but I'd really like to see the fully unleashed power of the C'Tan.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-10-09, 08:01 PM

CamTheApostle's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
I'd really like to see the fully unleashed power of the C'Tan.
Definetly! Not favored servant of some extra dimensional being (looking at you, Gods-o-Chaos), or the mechanized 'god of war' (that would be titans), but a true god with powers drawn from eating stars. Something that could make those FW daemons its bitch.

On the note of super-big titan size monsters, because of their size, could a larger titan (or something of equal size) pick up an enemy tank and throw it an enemy titan? I ask this, as I see bigger titans being the size of a player.

Edit: And I think its funny.

Well, that is my $0.03 worth (damn you weak american dollar!)
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-12-09, 06:00 PM

Revelations's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete Hero View Post
My Codex is upstairs so I couldn't give you a page reference, I'm pretty sure its in the C'tan section in the Nightbringer's stat and fluff entry. But his statlines have never reflected how good he is, and when are they ever comparable to the fluff?
So you couldn't stop typing for 30seconds and go get the Codex? K...

What you both may be confusing is that the Nightbringer is usually referenced as the strongest C'tan currently awake, while the Void Dragon is usually refered to as the most powerful of the Star Gods. Since I don't have my Codex here (miles away ) http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/C%27tan

But hey, either way, putting the Fear of Death into just about everything is pretty burly.

Pondering...

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-21-09, 02:04 PM

Garrowan5th's Flag is: Scotland

Despite a reference or two to the contrary, I was always led to believe the Outsider was the biggest, baddest C'tann of the lot. Hence the reason the Laughing God chose him to eat the rest?
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-21-09, 03:00 PM

JokerGod's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrowan5th View Post
Despite a reference or two to the contrary, I was always led to believe the Outsider was the biggest, baddest C'tann of the lot. Hence the reason the Laughing God chose him to eat the rest?
It wasn't so much as choosing but he was the easiest to manipulate.

Eyes with out life.
Maggot ridden corpses.
Mountains of skulls.
These are some of my favorite things.

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-21-09, 03:05 PM

Garrowan5th's Flag is: Scotland

Well, he was crazy. But he's the most dangerous, isn't he? The Emperor beat Voidy, but the Outside could snap his fingers and the galaxy dies.

Vth

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-21-09, 03:06 PM

the argument on the Nightbringer being the most powerful C'tan depends on whether these rules a reffering to Pre-Final Betrayal or post because if its Pre then yes he was the most powerfule Post i'm not sure without that weapon which got banished.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-21-09, 04:06 PM

JokerGod's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrowan5th View Post
Well, he was crazy. But he's the most dangerous, isn't he? The Emperor beat Voidy, but the Outside could snap his fingers and the galaxy dies.
The Emperor never did anything, Humans where thousands of years away from existing when the war with the C'Tan was tearing up the galaxy.

For that matter Slannesh did not exist either.

The Outsider was tricked in to killing other C'tan because he was stronger then the rest, how ever the Nightbringer was most FEARED of all the C'tan because he controlled the largest army and traveled around tormenting all killing everything with no general plan in mind.

Eyes with out life.
Maggot ridden corpses.
Mountains of skulls.
These are some of my favorite things.

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-21-09, 05:09 PM

wasn't that dragon that Ferrus Manus kill by dragging it into lava rumoured to be the void dragon?
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-21-09, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Alex's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Meister View Post
wasn't that dragon that Ferrus Manus kill by dragging it into lava rumoured to be the void dragon?
That was Vulkan Hestan and it was a Salamander/ Fire Drake, thus giving the reason for his legions name. The Emperor apparently defeated the Void Dragon in its weakened state and kept it on Mars for his own purpose. I'm not very clear on this as it's in the only Horus Heresy book I haven't read yet.
On a further note this appears to have become a discussion on the C'tan, which is fine but has anyone got any comments on the rules for my guys? They may seem a bit too good, but I now have to go against the Emperor reborn and Horus Reborn(people may have seen Ste's rules for Horus on the site.), who placed together are very hard to beat.

Builder of the Lego Manta

40K Farsight Enclaves
WFB - Brettonians

Last edited by Alex; 01-21-09 at 05:40 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion > Houserules and Homebrews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode