...you've heard of the Hellforged Hunting Pack,
correct? I suppose that's directed at both Squire and alt-f4.
Fleshmetal should, yeah, at least be 10 points per mini, not a blanket 10 points per unit. Given that a 2+ is the main advantage of Termis over Chosen (along with Invuln), with the downsides of lower WS than Chosen and no Sweeping Advances. To say nothing of the force multiplier of the increased mobility. And much of the time a 4+ Jink cover save will do better than a 5+ Invuln).
It does feel like Chosen get an overly hefty wallop with the formation stick here, though, well, they certainly need something to be worthwhile.
No, I never saw this FW Formation before you posted the link.
What do you mean by lower WS ? In my sources, Chosen and Terminators have the same basic statline.
The purpose was, actually, to propose a formation of the Dark Mechanicum with what is provided by the current codex. And the most suitable and characteristic trait I found was "fleshmetal". Maybe bikes, jump packs and/or marks should not be available to Dark Mechanicum adepts (which Chosen are in this formation) ?
The basic principle was indeed to make the Chosen the true elite of Chaos Warbands. It seems weird, due to the fluffy logic of Chaos, where the main rules are "survival of the fittest" and "power play to catch the Gods' attention" that Chosen cannot use equipment available to standard Space Marines. Bikes and jump packs should be available to Chosen, especially for bands whose identity is based upon assault and mobility (pirates, raiders or Night Lords, for instance).
The other part of the concept was to give Chosen access to specific traits, instead of buffing standard CSM or the whole army (even if with the Black Legion supplement and the access to bikes and jump packs, it could apply to the whole army). I have listed the traits that I found relevant and took the Crimson Slaughter cost for "Preferred Enemy". Now, it seems that some traits are definitely not equivalent, and that a specific cost/model should be applied to them.
Basically, I would say :
- Stubborn : 2/model (considering the 25 pts cost of the Icon of Vengeance, giving Fearless, it may be expensive for units of 10 Chosen, but they may add a mark upon it)
- Daemon : 10/model (a Crimson Slaughter relic gives it to a character for 30 pts, but Fearless and Fleet are included into)
- Tank Hunters : 3/model
- Hit & Run : 2/model
- Shrouded : 5/model
- Infiltrators : 5/model
- Rampage : 3/model
- Outflank + Acute Senses : 4/model
- Feel No Pain : 3/model (considering that a Death Company model costs 6 pts more than a standard Blood Angel SM, also gaining Fearless, Rage and Relentless, and that the cost of an Icon of Excess is 3,5 pts/model for a 10 Chosen unit)
- Brotherhood of Psykers : 3/model (considering that a Grey Knights Strike Squad is 100 pts for 5 men, compared to the 90 pts for 5 Chosen, with all Grey Knights specificities included)
- Fleshmetal : 10/model (13 pts of difference between one Chosen and one Terminator, but no Deep Strike and no invul for Fleshmetal vs more mobility)