Drastanta, the Tempest of Starlight - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-15, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Xabre's Flag is: USA

Default Drastanta, the Tempest of Starlight

Decided to play around with Drastanta, the Shining Spears PL that was mentioned very briefly in Iyanden.
Attached Images
File Type: png Drastanta.png (51.2 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Xabre; 04-30-15 at 02:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-15, 08:25 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Why does the shooting profile of the Celestial Lance have Spirit Shatter if that rule's effect only takes place in close combat on the turn the model charges?

...or should the rule for Spirit Shatter say something along the lines of "when a character/MC is reduced to 0 wounds by either a shooting attack or an attack made by the weilder on the turn he charges into combat"? That still sounds a little rough to read but is a bit more specific about when the rule takes place. I get that someone's gunna blow up at 0 wounds because of this and that's cool, but it seems the 'how' is a bit muddy in the wording that you presently have.

EDIT: I feel like if you took SS off the shooting profile, deleted the first comma, and changed the "and AP-" to "at AP-" it would make a lot more sense. I guess either that or make it sound like it works for the shooting profile as well..?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 04-30-15 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-30-15, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

Ironically enough, the Celestial Lance is the only part of these rules I didn't make. Spirit Shatter is a direct, word for word quote from the Iyanden Supplement, where the weapon was first introduced. Since it's where I got the idea for this character from, I decided to give him his weapon straight from the book.

It certainly reads in the text of Spirit Shatter that it should only be on the melee profile, as it only works for On-The-Charge, but the weapon's profile was originally written with SS in the shooting also.

Old 04-30-15, 11:56 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

oh, GW.

Cool character though, it would be interesting to add sensible homebrew characters into the mix.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Old 05-11-15, 06:50 AM

Kruphix, chaos ctan's Flag is: Australia

Default Like mine?

Pharika, Phaerakh of the New Arachnovahk Dynasty.
Monstrous Creature(character) WS(4) BS(4) S(6) T(6) W(3) I(2) A(2) Sv(3+) LD(10)
Special Rules
Independent Character
Fearless
Scarab Hive
Move The Nest ( When this model is removed from play as a causality, roll a D6. place that many Scarab Swarm bases in its place. )
The Spider's Mourning ( Once per game you may nominate an enemy unit within 6" of Pharika. that unit must make a fear check. Models with the Fearless and They Shall Know No Fear Special Rules still make this check. )
Wargear
Gloom Prism
Twin-linked Particle Beamer
Fabricator Claw Array*
Gauntlet of Fire
Gauntlet of The Conflagrator
Phylactery
Phase Shifter
Nightmare Shroud
Voidreaper
Other
Counts as an overlord
240 Pts
* might be going

Creations made in madness may contain great power. The path to that power is as labyrinthine as the creator's mind.
‘Through technology we thought to defeat the natural order. But the onset of eternity cannot be denied forever; the universe will see us humbled for our presumption. Yet its methods of attack are limited. We long ago removed our bodies from mortality’s grasp and bartered away our souls for technological baubles and the trappings of power.Our minds, then, are all that remains for us to lose, and it is here that the next stroke against us will fall.Though our individual afflictions may take different forms, sooner or later we will be lost to madness.’
Old 05-11-15, 03:10 PM

The Sturk's Flag is: USA

What you need to do is to make your own topic for your custom characters and stop hijacking other threads.

Make a topic and post this character there. This topic belongs to xabre for his Eldar character.

On that note, the character seems fine, I just don't know what aerobic grace is.
Old 05-16-15, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sturk View Post

On that note, the character seems fine, I just don't know what aerobic grace is.
Thanks Sturk. Sorry, was on vacation.

Aerobatic Grace is the bonus that Shining Spears get, an auto 4++ cover save as long as they move at all in the turn.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion > Houserules and Homebrews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in