Chaos legion special rules - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-28-12, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

warsmith7752's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Chaos legion special rules

Hey all, After reading all the rumours about the new chaos dex for months before release and particularly the legion specific special rules. As an Iron Warriors player i was dearly hoping for something good for us in the new dex and while its nice that we did get an hq and 2 heavy supports i must say that i think that are a bit shit. So my friend suggested that i just come up with some homebrew legion special rules, so here they are.

My first idea is to give your warlord acces to aditional marks of chaos, 1 for each legion, I'm lost for points costs but i think the bonuses i came up with are reasonably balanced.

Black Legion: Terminators count as troops and the mark also confers mark of the chaos ascendant. Gives units the ability to take more than one mark. (Overpowered?)
World Eaters:Grants all infantry the option to purchase fleet, furious charge and an aditional attack. Also makes chainaxes availible to regular marines.

Death Gaurd: Grants all infantry the option to purchase shrouded and aditional toughness (+1 5 points, +2 15points....expidential)

Emporors Children: Grants all infantry the option to replace their grenades with combat stimulants. Combat stimulants confer +1 to ws, bs, s, t, a, and i for one turn and are one use only.

Thousand Sons: Grants the option to upgrade any champion of chaos into an aspiring sorcerer and may re-roll a failed psychic test once per turn.

Iron Warriors:Grants all vehicles a 5++, warpsmiths have better chances to repair vehicles and regual marines get a heavy weapon for every 5 instead of every 10.

Alpha Legion: Grants the ability to purchase infiltrate on any infantry unit, aditionally the chaos lord may purchase a body double who must look the same as the lord but has no stats but 1 wound.

Night Lords: Grants the ability to Purchase fear for all units and raptors/warp talons do not scatter when deep striking if within 12" of a friendly unit.

Any thoughts?

current win rates;
csm 3/1/1
daemons 1/0/0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-29-12, 01:55 AM

Iron_Freak220's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by warsmith7752 View Post
Black Legion: Terminators count as troops and the mark also confers mark of the chaos ascendant. Gives units the ability to take more than one mark. (Overpowered?)
Makes Terminators troops? Just go play Grey Knights, ya nut! Seriously though, Abaddon is the leader of the Black Legion and he already has a special rule to make Chosen troops. Go with that.

Gives units the ability to take more than one mark? Unfortunately, as cool as it would be, it makes no sense. I would have it confer Preferred Enemy (Space Marines) instead.

5 Pt/Lord; 1 Pt/model

Quote:
World Eaters:Grants all infantry the option to purchase fleet, furious charge and an aditional attack. Also makes chainaxes availible to regular marines.
I would just have it confer Fleet and Furious Charge.

5Pt/Lord, 2Pt/Model

Quote:
Death Gaurd: Grants all infantry the option to purchase shrouded and aditional toughness (+1 5 points, +2 15points....expidential)
No to both. +1 Toughness is handled by Mark of Nurgle. Buying more than 1 level of toughness is too much.

Have it confer Relentless as that fits their style.

5 Pt/Lord; 2 Pt/model

Quote:
Emporors Children: Grants all infantry the option to replace their grenades with combat stimulants. Combat stimulants confer +1 to ws, bs, s, t, a, and i for one turn and are one use only.
I like the idea of combat drugs but not the execution. I would make it similar to Dark Eldar where you roll on a chart at the beginning of the game.

Pts are going to depend on the usefulness of the effects. Also a roll of 1 should always be 'no noticeable effect'

Quote:
Thousand Sons: Grants the option to upgrade any champion of chaos into an aspiring sorcerer and may re-roll a failed psychic test once per turn.
Thousand Sons are already covered with the...Thousand Sons

Quote:
Iron Warriors:Grants all vehicles a 5++, warpsmiths have better chances to repair vehicles and regual marines get a heavy weapon for every 5 instead of every 10.
No to Invul. It makes no sense. Also no to Warpsmiths because they don't need to the boost. I would have it work as such, "If a Chaos Lord or an entire squad of CSM have the Mark of the Iron Warriors they may purchase an additonal heavy weapon at the points cost listed in the CSM section of the codex." So this would mean a Lord could grab a Missile Laucnher for 15 points and a CSM squad could take a 2nd heavy weapon at 10 men or a single heavy weapon at 5 men.

10 Pts/Lord; 3 Pts/Model

Quote:
Alpha Legion: Grants the ability to purchase infiltrate on any infantry unit, aditionally the chaos lord may purchase a body double who must look the same as the lord but has no stats but 1 wound.
Infiltrate is good but it should come standard. No to the body double thing. Too confusing and unnecessary.

25 Pt/Lord; 15 Pts/Model

Quote:
Night Lords: Grants the ability to Purchase fear for all units and raptors/warp talons do not scatter when deep striking if within 12" of a friendly unit.
How about, may take Raptors for Troops? It should also grant Fear and Hit and Run.

20 Pt/Lord; 4 Pts/Model

Chaos Space Marines: Stay Spikey

Codex: The Ascended (Malice) WIP

Forging the Corruptor

Forum Formula Forever!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Rules Discussion > Houserules and Homebrews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode