Buried too deep. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-11, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Default Buried too deep.

(This is the first story I have written, and I plan on basing two Tomb King armies around it. I want Ganymede to be a volcanic subterranean city. Please let me know what you think.)

To the far south of the Empire, in the colony of El-Kalabad, an esteemed archaeologist of Altdorf, listens in on an old merchant trader in the midst of telling an unlikely tale. An audience of young children embrace every word, as his voice exaggerates every syllable...

"There are many secrets under the sands of Nehekhara. The Land of the Dead is vast, and even the great king Settra in all of his majesty can not hear the faint whispers of the desert. Long before the great king built Khemri into the greatest city in the land and united all of Nehekhara, there was another city... The city of Ganymede... That now lies under the sands of the desert.

Ganymede was once the jewel of Nehekhara. It's jade towers scraped the heavens, and it's palace was filled with treasures. Enough to satisfy the greed of any man. The city was long ruled by the beloved king Io and his beautiful queen Europa. Such was her beauty it is said, the sun would not rise before Europa, for such beauty does not belong in the dark. Europa gave birth to two sons. The twins Callisto and Io II, but she died during childbirth. Stricken with grief over the death of his beautiful queen, Io could not appoint an heir and spoke to no one up until the day of his death...

It is told that on his deathbed, Io spoke only the name of one son. The high priests of Ganymede knew that without an appointed heir they would recieve more power over the throne, and so they agreed... No priest was to speak to anyone of Io's final dying wish, and so young Callisto and Io II would have to share power.

As the years passed, Callisto and Io II would agree on nothing. Callisto was cruel and ambitious, and whilst brother was loved by the people of Ganymede he was just as ambitious as Callisto. Callisto grew jealous and bitter towards Io II, and his cruelty grew with it. With the two kings in constant disagreement, the city began to decline... The high priests of Ganymede could keep their secret no longer.

I desperation they revealed their secret to the two kings... It was in fact Callisto who was to rule over Ganymede. Their father's final words broke the hearts of the people, and there was a revolt. Callisto struck without mercy. Thousands were put to the sword. Mad with rage, he order his own brother to be buried alive. Buried so deep he would never again feel the warmth of the sun. Those loyal to Io II were to be slain and buried along side him.

Io II was locked in a small tomb, and a great pit was dug around it where the bodies of the slain were tossed. The high priests though reluctant, produced a great spell to sink the tomb deep into the earth. As he gasped for his last breath, Io swore vengance upon his brother. Io II cursed his city, and it sank along with him to remain in the hands of those who stood against Callisto.

With Ganymede gone, Callisto and his loyal servants were forced to wander the desert."

(I'll finish my story later when I'm not so tired.)

When life gives you lemons, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Last edited by Nemadis; 04-24-11 at 10:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-12, 04:09 PM

could be interesting, you could make one army of more elite warriors (callisto) as the trained soldiers would be loyal to the true emperor, and a second army made of more rag tag units, as the people loyal to Io II, i'd love to see this story expanded
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-12, 04:47 PM

sorry for pinting out the obvious

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff > Homebrew WFB Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode