The Sanguinian Heresy - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-11-11, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
Beautiful. +Rep.

Almost better than the real Heresy (And if yours had an entire series of books written up on the details it would outclass the canon, certainly).
Thanks for the compliments.

Quote:
I didn't read the entire thing (My poor eyes!), but what happened to the Dark Angels?
They fell to Chaos Undivided - Lion El'Johnson died at the Siege of Terra, as is recounted in the latest update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-11-11, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Chapter Fifteen: Aftermath

The Conclave of the Legions

Horus Lupercal: This meeting is called to order by the Emperor's Regent, Horus Lupercal. The first matter: the pursuit of the traitors. Have we ascertained their location and heading?

Magnus: They flee to the Eye of Terror. They'll reach it soon - there's no use in attacking that place.

Julius Kaesoron: Indeed. Reality itself has no meaning in there. All we would be doing is wasting men. And our numbers are low enough as it is.

Lorgar: If I may, Lupercal-

Horus: Speak, Brother.

Lorgar: We need some manner of organisation dedicated to rooting out treason, heresy and especially the influence of these Warp-Spawn before the time for military intervention occurs - by then it is often too late. I have seen what happens when these things reach a head, and it is horrific in the extreme. My own Legion, my very homeworld...I will not speak more of what happened.

Horus: Very well, Brother. The creation of such an organisation is a certain priority.

Horus: I continue. The second matter, the separation of the Imperial Army and the Astartes Legions. It has come to my attention that one reason the traitors managed to reach Terra was that elements of the Navy and Army rebelled along with the Legions. Do we agree that the Navy and Army should be separated from the Legions?

All: Aye.

Horus: And now onto our third matter. The Astronomican. All the Emperor's power is being involved in projecting it. While it is damaged, we cannot expect his aid. I think it should be rebuilt, so that he can return to our side.

Fabricator-General Lukas Chrom: With all due respect, my Lord, the Astronomican - well, the Mechanicum is not sure if it retains the necessary techniques, plans and materials to rebuild the Astronomican. The hall was heavily damaged, so we cannot simply use the old version as a blue-print...

~*~

Ultramarines loyal to Guilliman fighting pro-Imperial schismatics on an Ice World

~*~

A Perturabo Main Battle Tank in action

~*~

They serve the Dark Gods already? They'll make excellent slaves then!

- Dark Apostle Maloq Kartho on the inhabitants of Cadia

~*~

Iron Warriors during the Reclamation Wars
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-12-11, 06:03 PM
Bringer of the Apocalypse

Deneris's Flag is: Canada

Excellent material. Keep it up!!

"That, and sending Leman Russ to make a peaceful arrest? That's like sending a rabid Grizzly Bear to teach Kindergarten." - Cole Deschain
"Deneris - you are a legend." - TheKingElessar
"Chingao...sigh..guess I'll stay a slut then..."- Shogun_Nate

post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-13-11, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Chapter Sixteen: The Ultramar Schisms

Ultramarines loyal to Guilliman during the Ultramar Schisms

~*~

From the Liber Historium Ultramar

...By the time of the Siege, half of Ultima Segmentum had accepted protection under the banner of our Primarch Guilliman. The ravages of war had devastated the galaxy, as in the wake of Sanguinius' hosts hordes of Imperial Army soldiers and Navy crews, having betrayed their oaths, ravaged the area. Even as the Legions battled on Terra's soil, doubt was spread amongst the troops of Ultramar, and as Sanguinius was cast down, these erupted into war. Had not the Imperium endured? Was not Guilliman as bad as the arch-traitor Sanguinius? A quarter of the Ultramarines rebelled against the precepts of Guilliman and the Supremacy of Ultramar. On Prandium, they had their headquarters, and on Prandium the fighting began. Brother fought Battle-Brother as the rebels turned away from Guilliman's light, from his wisdom and protection. Retribution was swift, yet the schisms continued. In desperation some of the schismatics invoked dark, forbidden powers. How could they be so foolish?

A Soul Grinder of Chaos, attacking Ultramarines on Prandium

The hosts of the Daemon Forge were unleashed upon Prandium's beauty, destroying city after city, ravaging the planet's great natural beauty. Soul Grinders ravaged all before them, as Bloodletters slaughtered without stopping. In desperation, Guilliman performed Exterminatus on the planet, razing it to the ground, yet the schismatics continued their rebellion against the righteous will of the Primarch...

The Exterminatus of Prandium

...On storm-wracked Talassar, even on Macragge itself, the schismatics fought the loyalists, until at the last they were defeated and Guilliman's rule over Ultramar confirmed...
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-13-11, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Chapter Seventeen: The New Imperium

From the Chronicle of the Emperor's Children

014.M41

Legion Master Kaesoron has begun a massive recruitment drive amongst those survivors of Terra that will accept the implants, for to survive at all against the traitors they must have shown at least some promise as Astartes. Even so, it will be many years before we reach full strength once more, although our plight is not so severe as that of the World Eaters, of whom only one-in-ten remain. By decree of Horus Lupercal, after the destruction of Chemos at the hand of Ferrus Manus, we alone amongst the Legiones Astartes are given the great privilege of Terra as our home and recruiting world, for are we not true Children of the Emperor? The fortress is already under construction by the Artisans of the Mechanicum atop the blasted ruins of Nova Yourk, it will be a place of beauty and wonder as well as a great fortress to guard our Legion against all troubles. Thus has Kaesoron decreed, so shall it be. Fulgrim's body, preserved in a stasis-coffin, will be interred at its heart. Purgatory Falls Sepulchre is no fitting place for him, and it is too open to enemy attack. Let the enemy assail us, for we shall hold our fortress and protect Fulgrim's body to the end.

~*~

DECREE OF HORUS LUPERCAL, REGENT

By the will of the Emperor, I, Horus Lupercal, Primarch of the Sons of Horus and Regent of the Imperium in the absence of the Emperor, declare a new organisation - the Ordo Maleficus. The Ordo will have as its remit the covert elimination of threats to mankind before the use of military force is warranted. It will be divided into three divisions - the Divisio Traitoris dealing with mere traitors, the Divisio Xenos to deal with alien threats to mankind, and the Divisio Adversarius to deal with the threat the Immaterium presents toward the august rule of the Emperor, and the Imperium of Man. The Primarch Alpharius is designated Supreme Grand Master of the Ordo Maleficus, while remaining supreme commander of the XX Legio.

+++His Will Be Done+++

~*~

THE SEVEN LORDS OF THE IMPERIUM, IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE HERESY

IMPERIAL REGENT: Primarch Horus Lupercal of the Sons of Horus

MASTER OF THE CHURCH OF TERRA: Primarch Lorgar Aurelian of the Word Bearers

FABRICATOR-GENERAL OF MARS: Lukas Chrom of the Mechanicum

LADY MILITANT OF THE IMPERIUM: Supreme General Alyxia Belisaria of the Imperial Army

SUPREME GRAND MASTER OF THE ORDO MALEFICUS: Primarch Alpharius of the Alpha Legion

ENVOY OF THE LEGIONES ASTARTES: Legion Master Julius Kaesoron of the Emperor's Children

LORD OF THE ADEPTUS ASTRA TELEPATHICA: Primarch Magnus of the Thousand Sons

~*~

Extract from a letter from Primarch Magnus to Imperial Regent Horus Lupercal

...The masses are devastated, demoralised. They need a symbol...something to worship. The Emperor must be that symbol, lest darker powers take hold. Lorgar's idea has merit, but it must be prevented from going too far...

- Written 014.M31

~*~

From Septem Gloria Imperii

...The Codicium Strategium is one of the finest works on war. Written by the loyalist Primarchs and Legion Masters from 014.M31 to 017.M31, it contains advice on how to deal with almost every situation, from siege warfare to dealing with manifold types of enemy. Following the emergence of new threats in mid and late M41, the Codicium has been amended many times, and remains the foremost book on war for both Astartes and none-Astartes commanders...

~*~

From Wonders of the Legiones Astartes

...the legendary plasma gun Redemption, forged by Lorgar himself after the Heresy and which was used by him as a pistol, is an amazing weapon. It is said to, as a result of advanced cooling systems, fire extremely rapidly and never get hot. It was left behind by Lorgar before he started his crusade into the Eye of Terror, accompanied by the 13th Chapter of the Word Bearers, in M35, in an attempt to bring the Emperor's judgement to the faithless and accursed heretics dwelling within. The Word Bearers retain faith that their Primarch will one day return, aided by recent sightings in worlds around the Eye of a figure in stone-grey armour adorned with countless purity seals who towers over even Astartes and displays incredible martial skill. The First Chapter's Battle-Barge Kerberos is currently en route to investigate these rumours...
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-13-11, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Chapter Eighteen: Traitors' Flight

From Codicium Planetis Ocularis Terribilis

...Sicarus, how terribly you burn! The heretics serve your black lord in great armour of crimson, your triple moons burn with the fires of Hell! The Inevitable City, the capital of the Empire of Chaos that thrives within that wretched, burning Eye, stands upon your ground. At the heart of the abominable crimson rift you float, unmoving in position, wondrous and monstrous. For the Great Cathedral of Chaos is built upon you, its black bells tolling, its towers rising into the heights of orbit. Built of black stone and mortared with the blood of innocents, the screaming sacrifices go on day after accursed day! Skulls for dread Kharneth, plagues for Nurgleth, unspeakable pleasures for Slaa'neth and black sorceries for Tzeen'neth! Cursed Sicarus burns from within, for at your heart the Warp roars and burns, screams like a thousand mouths crying out in pain!...

...Ghaal, how great is the blood offered upon you. A parody of dead Fenris, with seas of boiling blood from which the Bloodletters rise. Kraken, great warp-spawned abominations, great wolves with red fur and blazing eyes and teeth of iron! The Iron Tribes dwell upon you, all serving Leman Russ. They say he is a daemon, a beast with a face like a wolf and the horns of a ram and teeth of brass and eyes of fire. Blessed were you, devoted to dread Kharneth, for he sits atop a throne of iron skulls in honour of his master. And when he rises, how terrible is his wrath, for when he rises the mighty are terrified, and his eyes are like the blazing rays of dawn in their blood-maddened wrath!...

...Cadia, you are a world of fortresses. The Blood Angels garrison you, and yet you remain in the Materium, the greatest outpost of Chaos inside reality. But I see your doom, at the hands of a silvered host! They know no fear, no pain, no mercy. You are a terrible legion, but the silvered host will destroy you all! I laugh at the coming doom, for not by the hand of the Imperium will you fall, but by the hands of those far, far older, those that lived and fought when Chaos was young and weak...

...Oh, oh Argentia, home of wretched Ferrus. A world covered with seas of molten metal, burning with the hell-light of a thousand Chaos soul-forges the size of great cities that float upon the seas of liquid fire. I see a figure of burning iron with blood like molten metal, and I know that this is Ferrus Manus, daemon-prince of Chaos Undivided. From the molten metal here and the souls of sacrifices are forged daemon-armour and accursed Chaos-weapons, the unholy tools of the Fallen Legions...

...Planus, Planus! A world like a disc, ten thousand miles across, the sun orbiting around you, an impossibility that could only be in the Eye! The White Scars, the chosen of Tzeentch, dwell upon you. They ride across an endless plain of burning glass broken only by mountains and valleys, and the great fortress in the centre of Jaghatai Khan. Oh, oh Khan, how greatly you have fallen! The fires of Tzeentch have stripped you of your flesh, cling to your wretched bones, warp-fires burning inside, around you! I see the wars you permit, for Tzeentch will let the strongest survive, for evolution is the essence of Change...

...Dorn, I see you! A bloated figure, rotten with innumerable corruptions, wearing black armour, the armour of the Death Knights. The face is a skull, the visage of death, and you bear a great broken black blade weeping with countless poisons and foul diseases, enough to reduce a man to rotting slime in instants. Your Phalanx is an extension of your will, your great planetoid-ship has rotted and corrupted with Nurgle's machine-rots, belching forth scrapcode and daemoncant! Its foulness is an extension of your own wretched soul!...

- The Seeress Kassandria, 768.M41 (Executed by the Ordo Maleficus)

~*~

The Eye of Terror, from an Imperial astronomical satellite

~*~

From the Chronica Prospero

...Magnus has disbanded the cult system as superfluous and narrow-minded, replacing it with a generalised system of psyker training. In addition, he has founded three additional Fellowships - the Blood Ravens, the Exorcists, and the Scourge of Magnus - as part of a major recruitment drive. The Blood Ravens are to be a standard Fellowship, the Exorcists are to perform the specific task of daemon-hunting, and the Scourge of Magnus are to both police the Thousand Sons against the worship of dark powers and guard against the inherent mutability of the Magnus gene-line. In addition, the new headquarters of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica are to be placed upon Prospero, as will be the Scholastica Psykana...

~*~

From Wonders of the Legiones Astartes

...30 miles long, the Battle-Barge Kerberos is the largest ship in the Imperium that is not a relic from the Dark Age of Technology. Built by the Mechanicum shortly after the Heresy under the specific instructions of Lorgar Aurelian, the Kerberos is the flagship of the Word Bearers, and contains the entire First Chapter, the dreaded and famed in equal measure Grey Knights. It contains complements from the Quillborn Chapter as well, and has the capability to outgun entire fleets. Its latest engagement was the Battle of Tanakreg in 997.M41, wherein the entire world was put to the fire of Exterminatus for reasons the Word Bearers will not reveal, much to the dislike of the Ordo Maleficus. Right now, the Kerberos is investigating rumours that the Word Bearers' Primarch may possibly have returned from his crusade into the Eye of Terror...
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-13-11, 10:12 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

I like this, i like this alot! One of the best i've seen. Need more on the Lion, Alpharius(does Omegon exist in this version?), and some of the others. Magnus, Lorgar, Ferrus, Dorn, Sanguinius, have been fleshed out, but still need more on the rest.

But seriously, amazing job. Love the style of it. Not just endless text reciting what happened, but transcripts, conversations, epitaphs, poems etc. Again, best i've seen in a long time, perhaps only behind the Dornian Heresy, but that one has ALOT of fluff and has been going for a good while with multiple contributers, where as this is all you.

Well done.
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-14-11, 04:00 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Pretty awesome. I've only read the first page but yeah, nice stuff - have a rep!

Also, I did spot the reference to Doctor Who: A Good Man Goes to War .
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-14-11, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
does Omegon exist in this version?
Omegon exists, but is a closely-kept secret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane_of_Kings View Post
Pretty awesome. I've only read the first page but yeah, nice stuff - have a rep!
Thanks!

Quote:
Also, I did spot the reference to Doctor Who: A Good Man Goes to War .
Oh, there are more, far more - I don't make references, but I can if you like.
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-16-11, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Chapter Nineteen: In Nomine Imperator!

From Chronicles of the Reclamation Wars

The Reclamation Wars, in which the Imperium reclaimed vast swathes of territory, were the brainchild of the Sons of Horus' first Captain, Ezekyle Abaddon. As Horus was heavily focussed on performing his duties as Regent in the Emperor's absence, he delegated Abaddon to the role of leading the Astartes Legions in the wake of the Heresy. From Terra and Prospero and Barbarus and Olympia, the warfleets set sail. The might of the Imperial Army advanced with them, often all that was needed to bring a world back into the Imperium was a reminder of the ancient oaths of fealty it had sworn backed by the orbital presence of the Navy, but sometimes outright sedition and Chaos-worship had taken root and had to be expunged. The Ring of Iron around Mars was continually restless, producing countless battleships and Battle-Barges to see to the needs of the war-fleets. The Word Bearers were among the most zealous Astartes during the Reclamation Wars, focussing heavily on the worlds they themselves had made compliant during the Great Crusade, purging Chaotic corruption wherever it might be found.

Void-clans, scavengers and pirates also infested Imperial space, and were systematically destroyed by the might of the Astartes. The destruction of these scavengers, vultures following the wake of devastation left by Sanguinius, was judged to be high priority by Abaddon. It was in Segmentum Obscurus that the crusade to reclaim the Emperor's galaxy bogged down, for the Astartes faced the forces of Chaos. At Caliban the Iron Warriors and Death Guard crushed the Dark Angels' fortresses and levelled the world itself with cyclonic torpedoes. At Monarchia Lorgar hardened his heart and levelled the cities of the Chaos-worshippers that had taken over, killing every last soul on the planet and leaving it open to recolonisation. On Fenris the Thousand Sons levelled the Fang and used cyclonic torpedoes to disrupt the planet's unstable orbit and send it spiralling into its sun. At Medusa the Emperor's Children broke the Iron Hands as a Legion, fragmenting them forever more into war-bands and avenging Fulgrim's death. Great and numerous were the victories won by the loyalists as they drove the traitors into the Eye, but the fighting in the Segmentum and surrounding areas took fifty bloody years to be finished.

~*~

Sons of Horus reconquering a formerly Imperial world

~*~

Imperial Army soldiers fighting Chaos forces during the Reclamation Wars

~*~

Mortarion standing triumphant on Caliban

~*~

From the Liber Hereticus

...Sigismund of the Death Knights is one of the most terrible foes of the Imperium. Having rotted greatly during Nurgle's corruption of the Imperial Fists, all that remains of his body is dust, yet his soul remains bound to his Terminator Armour. His undead existence is an abomination against all that lives, and his very presence saps the will to live, until the soul drowns in apathetic despair. He leads the Death Knight warband known as the Soul Drinkers, who wear armour of purple instead of the void-black the main force of the Death Knights bear. Her bears a relic of Dorn, the Soulspear, that creates a Warp-vortex wherever it strikes. It is said that Sigismund will not rest until all life is reduced to the undead state he and his fellow Death Knights are trapped in...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff > Homebrew 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode