Dark Brethren - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-08, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

plug's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Dark Brethren

As a side line to my Emperors Children army I've come up with an idea for a new chapter called the Dark Brethren. The fluff I've come up with so far is that there allengences are unknown. They have been known to fight along side chaos but have been known to appear on the battlefield on the side of the imperial. There is also reports of them acting as bodyguards for anybodie willing to pay. There exact origans are unknown but are thought to be an offshot of one of the original Legions. The marines themselfs wear no chapter mark or insignia save the odd skull on there shoulder pads.

On a colour side of life I was thinking of having black armour and purple ropes or the other way round. I am thinking of using either black templers or dark angel figs combined with csm's.

The only rules I've come up with was letting all troops been able to deep strike but if they failed morale checks, the unit dos not move, it just simply disappears, ie are removed off table. Also the unit can deploy in 5 man combat squads. Also the only wpns they can take are man-portable I.E no vechs. Might let them use bikes.
Any feedback would be very heplfull as this is still in the planning stage. Hopefully updates will be forthcoming.
PLUG

"Of the fabulous hydra it is said, cut of one head and two will grow in its place"

Brethran
Project

Last edited by plug; 04-19-08 at 10:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-08, 01:24 AM
Bleh

Marneus Calgar's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by plug View Post
As a side line to my Emperors Children army I've come up with an idea for a new chapter called the Dark Brethren. The fluff I've come up with so far is that there allengences are unknown. They have been known to fight along side chaos but have been known to appear on the battlefield on the side of the imperial. There is also reports of them acting as bodyguards for anybodie willing to pay. There exact origans are unknown but are thought to be an offshot of one of the original Legions. The marines themselfs wear no chapter mark or insignia save the odd skull on there shoulder pads.

On a colour side of life I was thinking of having black armour and purple ropes or the other way round. I am thinking of using either black templers or dark angel figs combined with csm's.

The only rules I've come up with was letting all troops been able to deep strike but if they failed morale checks, the unit dos not move, it just simply disappears, ie are removed off table. Also the unit can deploy in 5 man combat squads. Also the only wpns they can take are man-portable I.E no vechs. Might let them use bikes.
Any feedback would be very heplfull as this is still in the planning stage. Hopefully updates will be forthcoming.
PLUG
Looks good, I would personally go for a DA themed models, with CSM arm pads, are they gonna be worshipping a mark? Or just undivided? Maybe you could make a few more rules for them, but it looks good so far!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-08, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

What I was planning was to have them using the csm codex but give them no mark. The rules side for them are in the pipe line but I will put them up once I've sorted them out.

"Of the fabulous hydra it is said, cut of one head and two will grow in its place"

Brethran
Project

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-08, 10:23 AM

Interesting idea, but having no vechs is a big disadvantage, it would make the army a fairly slow moving one. At least let them have someform of transport otherwise a shooty army like tau will just whittle them down as they approach then finish them with kroot.
As for deepstriking there is the risk of losing your guys.

-Olek.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-08, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Good point that Olek. Have decided on a colour scheme for them now. There going to be black armour, with gold trim and dark red robes. Will put up a photo when I've finished painting one.

Brethran
Project

Last edited by Dirge Eterna; 04-20-08 at 01:26 PM.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-08, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plug View Post
Good point that Olek. Have decided on a colour scheme for them now. There going to be black armour, with gold trim and dark red robes. Will put up a photo when I've finished painting one.
Its Olek not Olex Sorry for that i just hate it when people get my name wrong.

Last edited by Dirge Eterna; 04-20-08 at 01:27 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-08, 01:29 PM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

X's changed to K's.

I like the color scheme, seems a bit black-legion-y but the cloaks will set them apart. Are they going to have any insignia? Or any common insignia, more likely?

-Dirge

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-08, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Finished painting one now and I'm most pleased with how it came out. I don't think I'm going to give them a chapter insignia but they are all going to have a skull on the left hand shoulder pad. Legion of the Damned ones will be perfect.

I also want them to have a mixture of old chaos weapons mixed in with newer looking stuff so it will give me a chance to use some of the box sets I normally can't use with my slaanesh army like an imperial dread for example.

On the fluff side I'm toying with the idea of shortening the name to just "The Brethren" as there seems to a lot of Dark somethings about. The reason that they will fight for both sides is that they are following there own aims and agendas and if this envoles aidding the imperial or chaos forces, so be it.

Theres a few more ideas in the pipeline and I will put them up once I've fleshed them out a bit.

Brethran
Project
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-08, 08:53 PM

vindur's Flag is: Ireland

The red cloaks on black looks good but the gold trim is very black legion

I'm walking towards you and drawing my sword. When it's drawn I shall kill you. And there's not a damn thing you can do to stop me.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-08, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

I do have to agree on that point. I got a bit stuck on the trim colour and only ended up using gold as it did add some contrast to the black and red. Any ideas on an alt to the gold.

Brethran
Project

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff > Homebrew 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode