Black Typhoons - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-25-11, 05:56 AM

MidnightKid333's Flag is: Canada

arkyrus sounds pretty multitaskable, hes definitely my favorite, because hes got the s6 lightning claws for anti-Meq and the melta for anti AV and the hvy flamer for anti Geq. i dont see why youd weant to shoot both weapons, though, since i cant see a MM and a HF being a good combo weapon to shoot both at something, aince if youre targeting AV, the flamer will be useless, but if youre targeting Geq, the MM will be overkill.

id suggest some trade options where you trade the melta for another heavy flamer or the heavy flamer for another melta

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-25-11, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Nice idea! However I think that would maybe be like constructing for winning rather than for fluff or background.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-07-11, 05:17 PM

ChaosDefilerofUlthuan's Flag is: United Kingdom

In my opinion the null field generator & the disruptor beacon should have there ranges reduced or require higher dice rolls like for the null field generator I think it should be 4up

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger,
(Unless it blows off both your legs)

See my Purge Army plz
Burn the Herestic Burner
Kill the Mutant Killer
Purge the Unclean Purger

Last edited by ChaosDefilerofUlthuan; 05-07-11 at 05:20 PM.

post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-07-11, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Spanner in the works...

Maybe... I just lifted them off the Apocalypse strategic asset

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:

post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-11-11, 09:34 PM

docgeo's Flag is: USA

That is some seriously creative fluff!! I am impressed by your writing and the organization of your chapter. I am not a rules guru so the point cost of your special characters can be debated by other who are. Continue writing more information on them and get some pics up!!!! STAT!!!!

Doc

Link to my Artic UltraMarines Project:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=89554
post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-11-11, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Spanner in the works...

That I will I'm planning on doing a stormraven variant for them, and then picz wise, my friend has them so I'll try and get them off him at some point.

Quote:

post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-30-11, 01:14 AM

cameron the pillager's Flag is: United Kingdom

They sound really awsome love the characters though some of them do seem a bit overpowerd great fluff though, can't wait for pics and i do have a suggestion for the heavy flamer and melta gun bit why not make him be able to fire at two diffrent targets? if there within a set range or one out of a set range? just a suggestion. but loveing the codex and would really hate to play against an army of these

All is dust...
post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-05-11, 04:11 AM

sir, having a rivalry with the inquisition is scuicide they will almost always be under direct orders from the high lords of terra. If you decide to pick a fight with them you are essentially a heretic and the entire might of the Imperium is pitted against you. I like the fluff and general idea apart from the fighting with the imperium stuff o.o the only thing is you have preffered enemy against like 5 races, when have you ever seen that happening? That to me just screams no matter what the f*ck you do i'm going to win every single game I play.

Your characters are getting gifts from the chaos gods? I'm sorry did I miss the bit where it says CSM? Even so your characters certainly have a multitude of over powered weapons, 2+ to wound at all toughness levels and instaant death, and all your characters are eternal warriors. How do you expect someone to kill a ssingle model in your army? This is all ofcourse assuming that you intend to use these guys on the tabletop. Cause if you were playing against me I would allow it. If it's just for fluff awesome workd dont change a thing !

Main thing is rivalry inquisition your ALWAYS going to die, no exceptions. Think of it this way your marines are essentially the teen boy who thinks he's bad enough to stand up to his dad (The inquisition) but then gets his ass handed to him.

Last edited by GoldenEagle; 06-05-11 at 04:36 AM.
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-05-11, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Spanner in the works...

I believe only two have EW and admittedly I went OTT with the Dark Watcher, meaning he probably won't feature as a playable character in the final codex. With regards to the inquisition, the 13th company is merely a safeguard for if they find out about the fifth.
I can't remember giving preferred enemy to everything, just against chaos with arkyrus' chapter tactics. If I have for the battle companies then I'll take that out.
Finally, regarding OP characters, I am still looking for C&C with them so they're more balanced, but I don't think any of them are completely OP (excpet the Dark Watcher).

Quote:

post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-05-11, 12:50 PM

Definately agree the Dark Watcher is over powered, but since it seems you've got that under control it's OK. In fact that's where I suppose all the problems presented themselves, right there with the Dark Watcher. Brilliant fluff and background other wise. Really nice!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff > Homebrew 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode