Congratulations! You somehow managed to surpass yourself again, and that is not a small feat. Like the Emperors Children themselves, you faced your limit, and then surmounted it. You are truly an overachiever.
And the Emperors Children, those admirable archiving perfectionists, are now my favorite LDLB Legion. You really make me to love them.
Pride and perfection, indeed. Like this IA, and like the Children themselves.
I have always loved Emperors Children and their Primarch. They are my favorite Legion. I have always wished EC keeping their loyalty to the Emperor and his ideal, and also remain loyal to themselves.
By presenting this IA, you did them enough, necessary justice(yes, I strongly dislike other AH portrayal of "loyal" EC - either deliberately malicious, too superficial or complete deconstruction of the core theme. Thanks. Thank you so much.
You are my hero.
And so here is an exquisitely-tailored selection of thirty-three questions, in homage to the Emperors Children and their numeration.
1. So LDLB Fulgrim is even more optimistic sociable overarchiving perfectionist than his canon self, without any flaw, defect or shortcoming of original character?
2. Does LDLB Fulgrim have more interest in science and technology than canon Fulgrim? Also, is he more curious, exploring, adventurous, enterprising and initiative than his canon self?
3. Did Fulgrim love brothers such as Mortarion, Curze and Corax? They are also known to have single-minded focus. Also, what was his opinion regarding Horus, Vulkan and Lorgar before Betrayal?
4. Did Fulgrim really dead, mind, body and soul? Or merely his body has been destroyed, and his soul is persisting in the Warp? It has been canonically implied dead (loyal) Primarch soul belong to the Emperor and protected by him, just same way as saints and other truly devoted human soul (though as opposed to those mere mortals, Primarch soul is more than capable of repelling/incinerating ravenous demons by simply being themselves). Even more, unlike other LDLB primarchs, he is being nearly-worshiped by an entire Legion and probably many Imperial citizens, and belief wields great, palpable power in the Immaterium...
In short, could Eaglestar be resurrected and/or reincarnated in the End Time, like the phoenix, which is incidentally one of his sobriquets?
5. And if the Emperor absorbed massive blast caused by Lorgar, who was unable to control his Chaos-given, soul-fueled power, why Fulgrim was also embroiled in explosion? In other words, what caused his death, explosion or combat injuries?
6. So Fulgrim somehow managed to fight standstill and mortally wound a near-Emperor level entity, possessed of the Pantheon, champion-chosen of the Primordial Annihilator. I just can't speak my...*tear of pure joy and pride*.
7. What did the Emperors Children during the Escape? Continuing the Great Crusade and reconquering the Galaxy?
8. How the Emperors Children have conquered more worlds than other Nine Legions combined? There are many other "offensive" Imperial Legions - the Space Wolves, the Night Lords, the Death Guard, the Gray Knights, the Thousand Sons and especially the Lunar Wolves. In fact, I can come up only two defense-oriented Legions: the Ultramarines and the Alpha Legion.
9. Who is the victor of the Battle of Nuceria? EC or WE? Each Legion's IA describes the battle from their own perspective, so it is a little ambiguous. And which Legion inflicted more damage (ships, legionaries, personnel, etc.) to their adversary?
10. What is primary difference between organization of the EC and the UM? It seems they share very similar org structure.
11. So the Emperors Children are one of the Imperial void warfare specialist Legions, along with the Death Guard and the Ultramarines? How they developed necessary skill, aptitude and affinity? It appears at least until the Battle of Nuceria, void warfare had not been one of EC's fortes - they had neither technique or preference. When and how acquired EC that specialty?
12. So, Pride of Emperor and other EC flagships are basically a bunch of Phalanx-class superships, and EC fleets are mostly comprised of various classes of supercaptial battleships and carriers and one-pilot ships? If so, I bet while in terms of number of warship ranks EC the fifth, tonnage of fleet will rank EC the first of the Legions, Imperial or otherwise.
And how EC ships look like, from those "one-pilot ships" to titanic flagships?
13. In addition, who are void specialist Legions on the traitor sides? It has been known that void warfare is among the World Eaters specialties, but how about the Chaos Legions?
14. Do LDLB EC concern themselves of conducting "perfect" set-piece warfare or minimizing casualties and collateral damage like their canon (before-Heresy) self? Since IA doctrine section does not state any perfectly planned battlefield strategy and tactics, while gene seed section states they take significant casualties during offensive campaigns and it has caused lowered activity.
15. How many legionaries EC have? Approximately 135,000? Or more? Is each Millennial composed of same number of legionaries, including the First Millennial and other Lords Commander Millennial?
16. How the Navarchitects-crafted Emperors Children warmachines and engines look like? How they are functioning? Before you mentioned EC had the third lowest number of vehicles and aircraft, with only the Mechanicum-mistrusting, luddite-esque Space Wolves and Night Lords are making lower use of mechanical assets.
However, now I strongly suspect EC engineers are going to take same approaching to their warmachines as their fleets and arts. If that is true, I imagine EC mechanical asset consisted of a grand panoply of assortments of unique, one-of-a-kind supertanks and superaircraft, and just same as their ships, simultaneously a master-crafted weapon and a masterful work of art; essentially same in the spirit of Da Vanci drawing of weapons, and while relatively few in number than the most other Legions, its overall firepower, tonnage, performance and technology are over and above than the most Legions.
17. What exactly are Apothecaries war-beasts and forest-cities? How they look like? I imagne EC war-beasts would resemble actual animals (lions, tigers, jaguars, panthers, eagles, falcons, phoenix, roc, dragons, or other noble, lethal predatory animals) and extremely intricate and beautiful, quite often one-of-a-species, preferring power, beauty and overall quality over producibility; taking polar opposite design ethos and aesthetics to Tyranid beasts or Humonculi creations.
Also, does the EC Apothecarion have/consist of genegineers, pharmacopoeists, agronomists etc. sub-orders? Or simply all EC Apothecaries are life scientists?
18. How frequently do Apothecaries conduct their enhancement and augmentation service to themselves and brother legionaries? How many variations of those enhancements, besides speed and longevity?
19. And blessed with an extremely capable and extensive Navarchitect and Apothecary Orders, how many of pre-Betrayal legionaries have survived? Similar rate as the World Eaters, I presume?
20. During the Siege of Terra, First Fleet elements kept to fight alongside Second Fleet Legions in unison? Also, even after World Eaters departure, traitors did still hold numerical advantage? And how Ferrus Manus managed to organize "orderly retreat" and "safe escape" after Discoverers shattering on Terra? Lastly, what was Ferrus' initial plan of "nonviolent vengeance" at the end of the Crusade?
21. Who are the best/worst post-betrayal offensive Warmasters? Also, who took position of Warmaster during War of the Beast? EC performed follow-up cleansing, but which Legions participated the Beast War, eradicated green weeds, destroyed the Prime-Orks and dismantled their empire?
22. So LDLB EC considers selfish ambitions, glory-seeking, honor-obsession, self-aggrandizement etc. are morally bad and actively discourage such practices?
23. It seems LDLB Emperors *true* personality is somewhat different from his canon self in positive ways - more open, more understanding, more humane, more compassionate etc, especially compared to the portrayal of Master of Mankind and Dark Imperium, and ADB in general - Is it correct?
24. Necrons, again? First the Gray Knights, and then Emperors Children... are they specially marking certain isolated, vulnerable, and relatively easier-to-break elements of the Imperial Legions? And how many Gray Knights were killed at Crytor?
25. "Gulf of Damocles"? So significant portions of the Emperors Children have assaulted the Tau Empire repeatedly and failed? I have thought Imperium does not care Tau, and Tau does not bother Imperium, and in such way, equilibrium has been maintained. And how Tau are thinking about the Imperium and humanity in general? How advanced Tau technology compared to the Imperium, including Mechanicum and Imperial Legions? Are LDBL Tau less authoritarian, totalitarian(to the extent they are born in incubator and have no family and caste is forcefully enforced, even the slightest of deviation or disobedience to social norm means death), doctrinaire, expansionist, bellicose, hypocritical, egomaniacal, and slavish (indeed, each and every non-Ethereal Tau is basically a pheromone-slave, less than an ergate, and Ethereal are slavers in the purest sense) than its canon self(yeah, for such reasons and much more, I really distaste and despise Tau along with Chaos and Eldar - see the Damocles and Farsight).
26. How many Death Guard participated the battle of Sanctia? And why their fleet did not save them or provide orbital bombardment, aircraft sally and other supports after signal scrambling? And Death Guard have a high-ranking traitor in their rank, possibly being in charge of defense of Cadia? Now I can see the trends...
27. How the Eldar, the Necron and other "ancient races" are thinking about the Imperium of Man? Worthy foe? Existential threat? A rival empire and prime competitor of the galactic dominion? Are they less arrogant and/or chauvinistic to the Imperium and humanity in general than canon, at the very least?
28. What is the end game of the Lion and the Dark Angels?
29. What exactly are the "Tomorrow Hegemons"? How they are related to STC?
30. So Rangdan exist in LDLB? Which Legions had implemented Rangdan Xenocides? What is their current state? Also, what is the Venest? Had Rangdan been its member? Were there similar multi-Xeno coalition like them? I remember Lunar Wolves IA states they recently defeated a titanic invasion of some xeno conglomerate...
And who was more powerful, Isexat or Volcierge? Both xeno empires are composed of insectoid races, and they are quite uncommon in 40k except Tyranid and Vespid, so I'm curious...
Besides, what is true nature of the LDLB Pale Wasting? In canon, dozens of Space Marine Chapters were more than enough to contain and destroy the threat. However, in LDLB, it required collaboration between Imperial and Chaos Legions, and nearly destroyed LDLB Imperium...really, what are them? Resurgent Rangdan Cerabvores?
31. Exactly what the Night Lords are doing themselves? Does Alpharius know this? And where is Curze? If he is aware of his Legion being turning Traitor, he has to return already. If situation is that severe, why they are not curtailing their loss, temporally lowering their activity(like the Emperors Children, and such measures have not tarnished or otherwise impacted their reputation at all), and recuperating?
32. How about Primarch discovery order in LDLB?
33. What is "archetype tactics/combat doctrine" of each Legion? You already have given examples of the World Bearers, the Doom Fists and the Iron Hands. Have you similar notes regarding other Legions?
Last edited by Lunar; 09-23-17 at 01:16 AM.