Night Haunter is alive - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 259 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Lux

Default Night Haunter is alive

After reviewing prior accumulated data upon the primarch konrad kurze, as well as soul hunter....I have concluded the night haunter is alive.

My idea is simple, the assassination and killing of konrad was staged. M'Shen was killed some time before reaching konrad, Shaal by instruction of kurze was instructed to act as the assassin. Thus why shaal saw everything first hand as he was there, however shaal did not kill kurze, konrad simply gave to shaal the corona nox as proof to spread his death. Shaal then ran off with it while disguised as the assassin M'Shen, is then ambushed by eldar, and subsequently is trapped in a warp storm and sleeps for a century or two.

Why did konrad do this? For in essence konrad truly did die, he allowed the night haunter persona to consume him. Thus all his duties to the emperor and his imperium he severed, from the great crusade, to leading his legion, he abandoned it all not caring what was to become of it.

Konrad did die that night, metaphorically with the giving away of his corona nox, night haunter is the one who left that room that night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 259 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 04:21 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Haven't read soul haunter( is that what it is called?) so I don't know, but given Curzes past I wouldn't say this is unreasonable at all.
post #3 of 259 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 05:04 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Having read Soul Hunter i can confirm that Konrad Curze AND Night Haunter(somehow i feel i have to now refer to both of them when convincing people) ARE dead. There was no trickery or staging in his death. Unless you know of a really good trick to being decapitated and managing to carry on. It's not just one Night Lord that witnessed his death, loads of them did, they jeered M'Shen as she fled the palace carrying HIS head. Soul Hunter/Talos brutally murdered M'Shen aswell and i'm fairly certain he would have realised he had killed an astartes and not an assassin.

How in all this theory does Sahaal somehow shrink himself and mould his physcial appearence to that of a: A. a female, B: a Callidus assassin.

post #4 of 259 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 05:06 PM

turel2's Flag is: Great Britain

Is Alpharius Omegon dead?
post #5 of 259 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 05:13 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

This is a common held theory that he's alive, although many simply believe that he's not got the same profile of the other Primarchs, of which have recorded histories - either by death or Daemonhood.

THe ones which aren't confirmed in such a manner are Alpharius (who knows, being the Alpha Legion?), and Kurze, because of the lack of confirmation, many believe he's still alive.

Myself, I like to think he actually died - by his death, he showed the depths that the Imperium had gone to - a sort of Martyr moment.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #6 of 259 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 05:25 PM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
My idea is simple, the assassination and killing of konrad was staged. M'Shen was killed some time before reaching konrad, Shaal by instruction of kurze was instructed to act as the assassin.
Did Sahaal also somehow hack into Clade Callidus' Vid-feed network aswell then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
Thus why shaal saw everything first hand as he was there, however shaal did not kill kurze, konrad simply gave to shaal the corona nox as proof to spread his death. Shaal then ran off with it while disguised as the assassin M'Shen, is then ambushed by eldar, and subsequently is trapped in a warp storm and sleeps for a century or two.
Who did the Soul Hunter kill aboard the Assassins ship then?

Your theory has so many holes. Seriously, the evidence to suggest that Curze is actually dead is overwhelming, you can't really deny it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
This is a common held theory that he's alive
If you referring to Curze here then I would say its actually a very rarely held theory that hes still alive, especially since Lord of the Night and Soul Hunter have been published. Or of course you could be referring to Alpharius Omegon (as the poster above you asked) in which case you are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).

Last edited by Child-of-the-Emperor; 08-27-10 at 05:27 PM.
post #7 of 259 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 05:34 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Yeah there is no popular theory i know of in which Curze is alive. Even before Soul Hunter most agreed he was dead, but Soul Hunter conclusively settles it.

Alpharius and Omegon on the other hand. Im certain they are both alive. One was apparently killed by Guilliman but the whole battle and events were told by an Inquisitor who is now firmly believed to be in the Order of the Hydra anyway and misleading the Imperials into believing one of them dead. The Ultramarines themselves are highly suspicous of the entire encounter. And even if one of them was killed that day, the other one is still about somewhere
post #8 of 259 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 05:38 PM

NiceGuyEddy's Flag is: Ireland

I suppose technically it could be justified. But by the "staged" logic and by questioning the viewpoint or bias of every source we are given you could make anything up. It's a bit like saying the horus heresy never happened and that it was staged to keep the populace in line or something else equally rediculous.
post #9 of 259 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 05:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Lord of the Night might also have proven that he died, I mean the novel is all about Sahaal getting an item to solidify his right to lead the Night Lords after Night Haunter's death. Other characters go on to talk about how Sahaal is not supposed to lead, they are; why would any of them be thinking they are going to lead if their primarch is still alive?

Also, Zso Sahaal was trapped in a warp storm/stasis lock for the better part of ten thousand years, not a mere century or two.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #10 of 259 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Lux

I will address each point.

1. How did night haunter fake his death? As I explained in the op MShen was killed ever before reaching Kurze in person. The assassin that confronted kurze was Sahaal, and the assassin ship sahaal boarded was all a set up, he was both the assassin and the soul hunter.

Night haunter and konrad are on person yes, I never disputed this, however they are entirely two seperate personalities. The night of the staged assassination konrad allowed the night haunter persona to consume him thus konrad did die and signified it by handing over his corona nox to spread his death. Night haunter now the dominant personality abandoned his legion, and let the rumor of his death spread so he could truly be free of his father the emperor.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff > Homebrew 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode