"The Silencing of Warboss Grogz" -[Iron Diamond Space Marines] - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-22-10, 03:53 AM Thread Starter
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect

Commissar Ploss's Flag is: USA

Default "The Silencing of Warboss Grogz" -[Iron Diamond Space Marines]

Hey everyone, i just found another piece of older background material that i had written up on the Iron Diamond Space Marines. Its called "The Silencing of Warboss Grogz. I had completely forgotten that i had written it up on a typewriter! well here it is, however there are some inconsistencies with other fluff and short stories posted here that i am aware of. Please give your comments as you see fit. I'm going to be editing this for consistency, however the original post will be the original piece. Please enjoy!

"The Silencing of Warboss Grogz"

+++Classified Information+++ +++Vermilion Level+++
+++Imperial Credos 987.4325d+++ +Office of the Inquisition+++

+++break+++

The silencing efforts employed by the hierarchy of the Iron Diamond command demanded that only one squad partake in the deployment. It was said that the participating squad was usually supplied by a random ritual or selection process. However, text show us that there was usually some sort of personal connection between the quarry and the hunter that decided which squad would partake.

Tactical squad Aerosav was selected for the pacification and silencing mission against Warboss Grogz, due to the fact that Warboss "Grogz" (as he was deemed due to the groggy sound of his voice) had been the leader of the assault on the Iron Diamond Space Marine's Chapter planet of Angarius. The assault had fallen directly into the sector held by First Diamond Company, and tact squad Aerosav bore the brunt of the attack.

Tactical squad Aerosav was forced into a retreat and was decimated in the melee. Only 3 members survived the onslaught.

As such, it was squad Aerosav that was chosen to deal with Warboss Grogz. Warboss Grogz did not start his dealings in this section of the galaxy on his own. As stated above he was originally part of Waaagh! 'ObbNobz. It was during the assault on Angarius that Grogz changed from being a servant, to being a leader. During the final stages of the decimation of Angarius, Grogz came to disagree with the tactics and orders given by Warboss 'ObbNobz. Instead of incinerating the planet in a systematic and utterly bombastic manner, Grogz was said to have wanted to rid the planet of its human and super-human inhabitants, yes, but then wanted to use the planet as a population center for the breeding/sporing of further numbers for the current Waaagh! Spouting off "'ead-to-'ead" with Warboss 'ObbNobz was not the way to accomplish this, and the resulting fight almost killed Grogz. Had it not been for the 'shield' (a squealing grot) employed by Grogz at the final moment, he would have been. Gather his entourage, Grogz fled the planet and left the system. Rumor had been spread that he had set himself up on the ferral planet "Spetzna II" and declared himself Warboss of a new Waaagh! bearing his name. (word had come from a neighboring system held by the Imperial Guard that an 'Orkish' vessel had been spotted and pursued through the Spetzna system. All subsequent raiding parties from Imperial vessels had reported in that there were a fair number of Orks, however no contact was ever reported. One can only assume that upon noticing the greenskin hoard, commanding officers had deemed the situation too hazardous and left the feral world of Spetzna II to its doom.)

Upon warnings received from Imperial forces regarding the newly established bas of "Warboss Grogz," immediate response was made from Iron Diamond command on the battle-barge "Might of Angarius" that a squad would be dispatched to sever the threat. Ignoring warnings from Imperial counterparts that a single squad would not be sufficient to deal with some 50 Orks, Iron Diamond Command ordered Tactical squad Aerosav to dispatch of this splinter cell.

The feral world of Spetzna II was indeed that. Densely packed with jungle and grasslands alike, it was plenty hot enough to sustain a suitable size force. Notes taken by Brother-Sergent Lucian Vicarus of the planets nature stated that of teh numerous variety of insectoid life on S.II, a quad-winged furry creature with a long tail was the most abundant. With that, Sergent Vicarus also added his observations that surviving only on the flora and fauna alone, a sizable force of approx. 150 could survive on this planet for close to a decade. Hwever, given the nature and rate of the Orks reproduction rites, a figure of 5 years was given to represent the approximate time of habitation. Any longer and the resources would be substantially depleted and the remaining population would need to acquire another planet to support its growth. Sergent Vicarus also hypothesized that if left unchecked, the Ork presence in the system would increase exponentially into the millions.

Although deemed sizable, the Ork warband was not unmanageable.

Initial contact placed Grogz in the northern hemisphere. Opposition was light when it could be found. The main center of the Ork presence was determined to be in Sector II of the northern hemisphere. Dispatch was sent to Iron Diamond command that surveilance was underway in the early morning hours since establishing a base of operations. In total the recorded Ork presence was about 50. Contact was initiated through stealth execution. It was Brother Boris Raenor who first lit up his bolter to multiple targets. Once sound cover was blown there was no more need for silent weapons. Tactical Squad Aerosav laid into the Orks with furious volleys. Only after several minutes was there any sign of return fire. The only signal was higher pitch cracks of solid slug ammunition over the immense booming noises produced by the boltguns of tactical squad Aerosav. It was noted that, with marked precision, Brother-Sergent Lucian Vicarus dispatched 16 Orks with his plasma pistol and 6 more with his Lightning Claw. These figures do not include the multiple targets that were captured and held after the battle only to be executed via his Lightning claw as well.

(as a side note, the Lightning Claw that graced the right hand of Brother-Sergent Vicarus was called "the Right Hand of Angarius." It had been the property of Chapter Master Deus Ruskov of the Iron Diamond Space Marines. Worn during the Evacuation of Angarius, it was removed from the hand of Master Deus and sent off the planet, Master Deus stayed behind to fall with his planet and to fight the greenskin hordes on his own. Through popular vote by other leaders among the chapter, and by official decree from the other masters of the chapter, Brother-Sergent Lucian Vicarus was given charge of the "Hand".)

In all, more than 75 Orks were disposed of that day. The engagement lasted only 75 minutes in all. That is including the execution of "Warboss" Grogz by squad marksmand, and oldest member in tact squad Aerosav, Brother-Marksman Stern Olin. Brother Olin had been ordered to find a suitable vantage point from which to cover the engagement. Chances had it that he was not needed until the very last moment of the melee. Having hidden himself away in the treetops surrounding the Ork encampment, he only fired a single shot. It was a head-shot through the skull of Warboss Grogz.

It is still a matter of debate whether or not brother Olin or Sergent Vicarus actually killed Grogz, for at the same moment Brother Olin fired his round, Sergent Vicarus spun and beheaded the beast. Standard physics and testing dictate that it was a shared kill. This is explained by the fact that the split second that Sergent Vicarus took to spin and execute the decapitation was the same length of time that it took for Brother Olin's bullet to fly through the air.

Always the humble giants, neither will claim the kill. -DP

+++break+++
+++end record+++

well thanks for reading. This piece wasn't originally meant to be seen by the public. it was something that i had written as notes for myself to refer back to as i write the novel and other short stories. Hence the reason the original copy was typed out on a typewriter. i three-hole punched it and stuck it in a binder with the rest of my notes. lol I'm fully aware that there are a multitude of grammatical issues with the piece, but i don't care. Let me know what you all think.

Commissar Ploss

The Founding Fields

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-22-10, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Here is a link to the fictionalized account of this fluff. Hope you enjoy it!

"Retribution"

CP

The Founding Fields

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-05-10, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

bumping for comments?

The Founding Fields

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff > Homebrew 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode