The Shape of the Nightmare to Come [50K] - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-20-11, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

In many interesting ways hopefully. I'll have to read through their codex first though.

But some of the new GK lore rumours concern me. I may have to address them in 'Age of Dusk' (the warhammer 60K setting I have written, following on from this one)

http://www.bookstogonow.com/stonemindsfolly.html

Will the Stone Mind save humanity, or destroy it? Find out in my new short story at books to go now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 64 (permalink) Old 03-27-11, 01:57 AM

megadeth251's Flag is: USA

Hmm...so pretty much the Eldar became extinct, the Imperium fell and Man underwent a fall like the Eldar, and the Tau became the new evil galactic empire? I like it.

BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!
Some say they don't understand the Eldar and their actions. I do. If it was their men in one trench and the Imperial Guard in the other, the Eldar would have been extinct by now. So they fly around in fancy little flying tanks, but once you can aim a sneeze in their general direction, (cue slaughter of Eldar.)
post #53 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-02-11, 09:17 PM

Lucan: I actually think your GK fluff works as is and is better without contamination from Ward's content. Maybe a sidenote for the fates of Ward's shitty new characters?

post #54 of 64 (permalink) Old 04-03-11, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryugolino View Post
Lucan: I actually think your GK fluff works as is and is better without contamination from Ward's content. Maybe a sidenote for the fates of Ward's shitty new characters?
Sounds like a plan! ... :D

Will the Stone Mind save humanity, or destroy it? Find out in my new short story at books to go now!
post #55 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-21-11, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Oh yeah. I updated age of dusk, depicting the fate of the grey knights. Here's a link:

http://www.thebolthole.org/viewtopic...p=14378#p14378

post #56 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-11-11, 10:52 PM

You are great writer, both in style and ideas. I really like what you made from the 40K empire, and it all looks plausible (or as plausible as 40K is). It is not only a well narrated great story but is also a fun setting to play in, with the many little imperiums even more so than 40K. For the remaining factions at least. I especially like your plot twists, logical conclusions and the long term agendas you gave the protagonists or hint at.

I was actually very surprised who the autor was, would have thought it would be Leman Russ.
post #57 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-14-11, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Thanks man!

post #58 of 64 (permalink) Old 08-15-11, 07:36 AM

The Night Rider's Flag is: Australia

The detail you put in is astounding. Future Black library stuff right here.

War does not determin who is right,
Only who is left

post #59 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-11-12, 06:55 AM

Default The Proposal

Someone (by which I mean LordLucan) should edit this thing for posterity's sake and repost it on Fanfiction.net. If he is not willing to put time and effort into doing that, I would he more than willing to step in and do so for him, putting full credit where credit is due and offering him final authority on what gets posted.

Seriously, I would never have heard of this except for a lucky find on tvtropes. And you almost can not beat the traffic you'll find on that site. If you're interested, in the idea, throw it up there and tell me. If you don't mind me doing it, tell me and I'll get started cleaning it up and sending you the edited bits for your perusal and approval. If you want me to stay the hell away from your brainchild, tell me and with luck you'll never see my screen name again.

~Damion Kenley
post #60 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-13-12, 06:29 PM

Wow, this fits so well with 40k-or shall I say 50k- so well, this could really be part of the lore!

Just one thing though, can you please explain the whole Ork/tyranid thing? That was the only issue I had with this.

Other then that, this is fantastic and I can't wait to read more!

{Unless you posted more and my laziness prevented me from searching the other pages for it...}

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff > Homebrew 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode