"The 500" - [Iron Diamond Space Marines] - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-09, 03:00 AM Thread Starter
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect

Commissar Ploss's Flag is: USA

Default "The 500" - [Iron Diamond Space Marines]

The 500.

500 space marines sent from the Raven Guard chapter to fill in the gap of men left in the wake of Waaagh! 'ObbNobz.

Given as charity from the Raven Guard to the Iron Diamonds Space Marines to bolster their numbers after Waaagh! 'ObbNobz swept over the Armorfall system which includes Angarius and it's moon.

Angarius and its moon were deemed uninhabitable after the severe orbital bombardments, and nuclear holocaust brought down by the Orks ultimately incinerated the planet's atmosphere, essentially destroying it for all those who called it home.

Overall losses to Waaagh! 'ObbNobz numbered exactly 500 marines. Of all the ten companies of Iron Diamonds however, only Third Diamond Company was completely destroyed.

(below is written the circumstances under which "the 500" were obtained)

Third Diamond Company was garrisoned on Angarius' moon. With other companies spread throughout the Veiled Region aiding in the initial containment efforts of Hive Fleet Leviathan and with first and second company hunting major Ork warbands on the far southern fringes of the Uhulis Sector, Chapter Master Sev Barlo tasked the honorable Third Diamond Company with the defense of Angarius and its moon. Three years of strict adherence to Master Barlo's orders, and the already outstanding discipline and skill that Third Diamond Company had dealing with the Orks, should have been enough to deal with the sudden threat. Unfortunately it was not.

Upon arrival, Ork Space Hulks launching jamming arrays and EMP blasts decimated Auspex and other targeting units based on Angarius' moon garrison. Without targeting systems, the planetary defense batteries were firing blind. Upon the initial observance of the massive Ork Space Hulk fleet, Third Diamond Company Captain Cass Lariat sent distress signals and requests for reinforcements to all Diamond Companies. Captain Lariat then held a private conference with Chapter Master Barlo via Astropath informing him of their impending doom.

Master Barlo reassured Captain Lariat that their memory would not be forgotten and there names would be made legend. Barlo then ordered Captain Lariat to load his men into their Thunderhawks and have them make their way planetside. Defense of the moon garrison was useless, and if the Orks did present themselves in the field of battle they were going to do so on Angarius herself. He knew in his heart however that this was a hopeless endeavor. An Ork fleet of that size would not waste its time with grinding man to man combat, no matter how much they loved to grapple with other races. No, he knew that there were bigger systems they had their eyes on. They would demolish Angarius and its moon with nothing more than a wave of their hand.

---------------------

just a bit of filler background fluff that i've been writing for my Iron Diamond Space Marines. If you want some short stories regarding them, just head on over to my User Page (The Lair of the FAN FICTION KING!) in my signature.

Please comment!!!!!!!!! on this.

write on,

Commissar Ploss

The Founding Fields

Last edited by Commissar Ploss; 02-19-10 at 08:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-09, 12:35 PM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

Pretty cool, I would like to see a IA Artical on these guys, definatly their organisation keep it coming Ploss

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-10, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

New update: I'm currently in the process of writing up a detail IA article for my chapter. please comment on the above piece if you would like, i am open to all criticism and willing to explain points you may have questions about.

CP

The Founding Fields

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-10, 06:25 PM

Very nice I hope to read more
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-10, 06:49 PM

Shacklock's Flag is: England

Mmh Hobnobs. Anywho I like it, nice and realstic.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-10, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

thank you. Its by no means a literary masterpiece, however, i threw it together on the fly one afternoon so i could get a better feel for my chapter. hard to keep track of everything in my head.

CP

The Founding Fields

Last edited by Commissar Ploss; 02-19-10 at 06:54 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff > Homebrew 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode