Shadow Reapers

Shadow Reapers

Founding Chapter: Raven Guard
Primarch: Corax
Founding: 13th - Dark Founding
Chapter Master: Grand Master Gabriel Faust, The Shadow Lord
Homeworld: Obfuscatus Prime
Combat Doctrine: Close Combat Assaults
Chapter Iconography: Crossed Scythes, commonly singly displayed on Standards wielded by a hooded figure
Chapter Heraldry: Black Armour with Shadow Grey Accents

Background:

The Shadow Reapers are one of the only surviving chapters founded during the 13th Founding. Under the command of Gabriel Faust, the Shadow Reapers have thrived in their nearly inhospitable region of the Shadow Zone, located within the Storms of Judgment. They have grown to possess a reputation of merciless combat, dedicating insurmountable forces to the defense of the Imperium wherever they are needed. Their physical mutations and evolutions from living for several millennia within the Shadow Zone has drawn a watchful eye upon them from the Inquisition. Their skin pigmentation has been changed to a dark swirling color, in constant motion. This mutation alone has the Inquisition maintaining a watchful eye on the gene-seed of the Shadow Reapers. However, with every Tithe, the Adepts have cleared them free of chaos taint.

Homeworld & Fortress-Monastery:

The Shadow Reapers' homeworld of Obfuscatus Prime is one of only a few worlds classified as Shadow Worlds. A Shadow World is a planet that is able to support life but the orbit coincides and is eclipsed behind another planet in the system, limiting the amount of light reaching the planet, keeping it in near total darkness. The inhabitants of these worlds are commonly cave or subterranean dwelling civilizations.

The Reapers' Fortress-Monastery, like most of the habitats of the world, is mostly below ground. The bulk of the above-ground portion of the Monastery is dedicated to several surface landing pads as well as orbital defense batteries.

Located at the deepest reaches of the Monastery is the Inner Sanctum, where the Inner Circle of the Chapter, consisting of Chapter Grand Master Gabriel Faust, Master of Sanctity and Master Chaplain Ixion Andrus, Chief Librarian Micah Furiam, Master of the Forge Galatan Khiron, and Chief Apothecary Blantar Septimus, oversee the guide the Chapter in all walks.

Chapter Organization:

The Shadow Reapers are divided into 10 Companies. The first five being Battle Companies, fourth through the ninth being Reserve Companies, and the tenth being their Scout Company. The total Chapter strength numbers somewhere in the range of 1000 to 1500, depending on recruitment and battle losses. All companies maintain a limited vehicle armoury.

1st Company: "Death Scythes" - Veteran Company
10 Terminator Squads, 5 Vanguard & 5 Sternguard Squads, 1 Honour Guard Squad - "Shadow Guard"

2nd Company: "Black Knights" - Battle Company
6 Assault Squads, 3 Tactical Squads, 1 Devastator Squad

3rd Company: "Death Shades" - Battle Company

4th Company: "Shadow Hunters" - Battle Company

5th Company: "Death's Hand" - Battle Company

6th Company: "Death's Emissaries" - Assault Company
10 Assault Squads

7th Company: "Shadow's Wrath" - Assault Company
10 Assault Squads

8th Company: "Death's Fist" - Tactical Company
10 Tactical Squads

9th Company: "Death's Talons" - Devastator Company
10 Devastator Squads

10th Company: "Death's Vigilance" - Scout Company
10 Scout Squads

Chapter Relics

Reaper's Blades: Worn by the Chapter Master, they are an ancient pair of lightning claws which incorporate a Bolter mounted to each glove. Through technology long lost, the ammunition utilized by the bolters is never ending. It draws in and self-replicates the ammunition, granting a never ending supply of rounds. The razor sharp blades, crackling and emblazoned with energy, have, on many occasions, ripped through and delivered fatal wounds to many enemy lords believed to be unfellable, causing them to drop to their knees and acknowledge The Shadow Lord as their superior.

Shadow Armour: This set of Artificer Armour was specially crafted for Gabriel Faust. It resembles, both in size and design, the Tactical Dreadnought Armour used by the 1st Company's Terminators. Incorporated into the suit of armour is a teleport homer, used for rapid and accurate deployment of forces in support of the Chapter Master.

C&C welcome, of course.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-09, 11:40 PM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

Great work! How about a Battle history and Famous members? plus rep By the way

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-09, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
genesis108's Flag is: USA

I am working on getting that all typed up to include a brief background and fluff for the main characters of the chapter.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-09, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

Notable Members
Grand Master Gabriel Faust, The Shadow Lord

Only the second Chapter Master the Shadow Reapers have had, Gabriel Faust is revered among his peers. Commonly referred to as The Shadow Lord, Faust has led the Reapers through millennia of dedicated service to the Imperium. Physically, Gabriel is a massive individual. A typical Marine towers easily over a human that has not received the Gene-Seed, but Gabriel Faust stands taller still. He is an overwhelming and awe-inspiring individual.

Faust succeeded the previous Chapter Master when he fell in battle in the defense of Chiros from a massive Ork Waaagh! Faust was unanimously elected to succeed for his vigor and zeal in combat.

During the 13th Black Crusade, Gabriel personally led a small detachment of Terminators in an assault on the Chaos Battleship "Desolator", leading to it's eventual capture and use as a battering ram into a nearby Battleship.

Master of Sanctity and Master Chaplain Ixion Andrus

The current Master of Sanctity, Ixion Andrus is the youngest member of the Inner Circle. His earliest action seen as a member of the Inner Circle was during the 13th Black Crusade when he led the Shadow Reapers' 3rd Company in support of ground forces on Cadia. Ixion prefers to remain at the Inner Sanctum where he can guide and steer the spiritual focus of the chapter.

Chief Librarian Micah Furiam

A force to be reckoned with, Micah is a psyker of great power and talent. Very little is know about his past and his record of service is shrouded in mystery before his assignment as Chief Librarian, which occured after the end of the Black Crusade. Many within the Inquisition hold him in contempt and suspect him of heresy, but respect Faust's appointment of his office within the Reapers.

Master of the Forge Galatan Khiron

A master of technology past and present, Galatan is renowned for his ability to fix the unfixable, to create the uncreatable, and to forge the unforgeable. He is the mastermind behind the prominent redesign and implementation of the Jetbikes utilized within the Chapter which are very rarely seen within the Imperium.

Chief Apothecary Blantar Septimus

Responsible for the upkeep of the Gene-Seed, Blantar is a master of medicine. He has saved those thought fatally wounded..atleast long enough to place them within the relic sarcophagi of the Chapter's Dreadnoughts. Blantar is responsible for developing the anti-venom that counteracts the neuro-toxin that almost laid waste to the Chapter's 5th Company after a heavy and intense battle with the Tyranid Hive Fleet Leviathan.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-09, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Here are the Stat lines for Gabriel Faust

Grand Master Gabriel Faust, The Shadow Lord 250 pts.
WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
6 5 4 4 4 5 4(5) 10 2+/4+i

Special Rules

And They Shall Know No Fear: Automatic Regroup
Combat Tactics: May choose to pass or fail Morale check
Orbital Bombardment: May call down during Shooting Phase if he didn't move. May still make assault move. Always scatters full 2D6" if an arrow is rolled.

Range Strength AP Type
Unlimited 10 1 Ordnance 1, Barrage

Eternal Warrior: Immune to Instant Death
Chapter Tactics: All units lose Combat Tactics. Instead, all units gain the Fleet special rule, and therefore may move, run, and assault in the same turn.

WarGear

Iron Halo: 4+ Invulnerable Save
Reaper's Blades: Master Crafted Lightning Claws with twin-linked under mounted Bolters. On a wound roll of 6, the Blades cause Instant Death.
Hellfire Rounds: Special Ammunition for Bolter

Range Strength AP Type
24" X 5 Rapid Fire, Poisoned(2+)

Armour of Shadows: 2+ Armour Save, Teleport Homer
Melta Bombs: 8+2D6 Armor Penetration on Vehicles in Close Combat
Auxiliary Grenade Launcher: May be fired in addition to another weapon

Range Strength AP Type
Krak 12" 6 4 Assault 1
Frag 12" 3 6 Assault 1, Blast
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-09, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

No, standard C:SM. I'll be fielding full assaults broken into combat squads for FA slots once I have them done and available, and probably just 2 Scout combat squads for my 2 troop choices for infiltration.

My current projected army list is looking like this

2 HQ(Chapter Master with honour guard and a captain)
2 Elite(Ven Dread and Term Squad)
3 FA(2 full AS and 1 Vanguard)
1 HS(Devastator)
2 Troop(Scout CS)

I'll be adding more to my available army soon, but right now, that is what I am aiming for. And with the Chapter Tactics, my troops will be able to cover alot of ground very quickly. My current opposition is looking like it's going to be my brother's Chaos and my dad's Orks..and seeing as my brother is partial to a shooting type and heavy weapons galore, the loadout for the army should do reasonably well for wiping his goofy grin off his face.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-09, 09:24 PM

Warlock in Training's Flag is: USA

I only dislike that Never Ending ammo bit on the Chapter master. I mean if Pedro Gaunlets, Marneus Gaunlets, and even Horus "the Warmaster" Talon of Horus L. Claws do not have such grandeur Tech. I just dislike the concept. I do exceptionly like the Pigmentation mutation, thats just wicked cool.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-09, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

In game terms, it makes no difference, really. There isn't a reload or anything anyway. All it is is simply fluff, and not something very far fetched considering there are starships traveling through a seperate layer of space and time..
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-09, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

There is also an update to the Army List.

2 HQ - 2 Chapter Masters(Faust and 1 not posted yet), Faust with Honour Guard(Chapter Champion, Standard Bearer, 3 HG in LRC)

3 Elite - 2 Dreadnoughts, 1 Tactical Terminator Squad

2 Troop - 1 Scout Squad, 1 Tactical Squad

1 FA - Vanguard w/ Jump Packs with 2nd Chapter Master attached

1 HS - Thunderfire Cannon

I am going to be working on my Assault Squads to max out FA and getting my assault heavy units going.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-09, 05:54 AM

FuzzyRabbit's Flag is: USA

Have you thought of using more drop pods to close with the enemy instead of LR?

No matter where you go in life,
Whatever be your goal.
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff > Homebrew 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode