CSM warband name help - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-06-08, 03:32 AM Thread Starter

CSM warband name help

for some reason one the hardest things about making my warband is im unable to come up with a good name for my warband! there colors are dark forest green with a rusted bronze trim. ive done a little bit better with background, but not much, just ideas. one idea is a vanguard company of a space marine chapter that turned to chaos. and the other is a chapter led by fallen dark angels that have turned to worshipping nurgle but i havent researched a lot of fluff for the fallen so i dont know if that would work or not. how do you guys come up with names for your armies?any advice you could give me would be greatly appriacted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-06-08, 07:08 AM

Wolf_Lord_Skoll's Flag is: Australia

What power do they follow? What's their heladry like? What their combat doctrine? If you can post up what you do have, then im sure some people here will come up with some awesome names. Also try the CSM warband name generator, found at the top of almost any heresy page.
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-06-08, 11:52 AM
Unknown Soldier's Flag is: United Kingdom

To quote myself from a previous post - 'Animals, metals, colours and weapons seem to be the usual mix for Imperium SM names', they also seem to have a family vibe as well - sons, brothers, children, etc.

So just choose any two and you'll have the name of your Chapter.

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-06-08, 01:44 PM
The Hammer of Olympia

BlackApostleVilhelm's Flag is: USA

if you plan on going the nurgle way you can call them the;
Knights of Pestilence
Rotting Fathers

Here is the beginning of my fluff for my Iron Warriors Eighth Grand Company https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=51842

"A fortress is a living thing: the commander its brain, the walls its bones, the sensors its eyes and ears, the troops its blood, their weapons its fists. This tells us two things: If one organ fails, the whole dies. And if the whole dies, no single organ can survive alone."
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-07-08, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Default nurgle

im sorry but what is heraldy mean? umm well as for combat doctrine and powers i really like the idea of a nurgle vanguard army.what do you think?
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-07-08, 03:56 PM
Unknown Soldier's Flag is: United Kingdom

Heraldy is / are the insignias, symbols, pictograms, etc. of a particular army. Simplest example - the twin eagles or aquila of the Imperial Guard (those bird things on all of their kit).

For Nurgle heraldry, it's the three circles that look like a biohazard symbol.

Hope this helps.
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-07-08, 09:17 PM

Wolf_Lord_Skoll's Flag is: Australia

What I meant was, is there any symbold, like a claw,talon,sword,book etc. that features majorly on their armour. A nurgle vanguard army sounds like a good place to start. One last thing you have to consider, do they have an imperial name because they didnt change it when they fell or just a staight chaotic name?
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-08-08, 04:15 PM

when in doubt, shoot!'s Flag is: Scotland

all good points, Red (traitor or loyal) marines will probably have Crimson, or blood in thier name eand such, if they're Nurgle, maybe look in some medical books for some names of particularly nasty diseases (i.e. scrofula) and change it a little (i.e. schrofula) then add a cool sounding word on the end such as "schrofula contagions" Here's some other ideas I can think off the top of my head; (I know they are really bad )

Cholleran filth
joyous ichor
Nurgles' favoured
The plague
The rotten host
The attention of rot
lords of decay
death of beauty

Back to business!
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-08-08, 04:27 PM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

Call them, the Genital Warts of Pluto!

Battlecry: "We are the STD's!"
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-08-08, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

name mabye

i like the sound of the "Knights of Decay" or something with knights or crusaders like "Crusaders of the Plague". it makes them sound like they are on a mission to spread the disease of nurgle.im gonna research crusade and middle age iconagraphy to come up with some heraldy. sorry but i have another question, how would you model a twin linked bolters? the only idea i had was to get the left arms of the khorne berzerkers that have the bolt pistol and so they can have one in each hand, what do you think?thanks guys for all the help, i really appreciate it

Last edited by kazi; 11-08-08 at 05:47 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff > Homebrew 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode