Necron Twin ruled dynasty - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-16-16, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Default Necron Twin ruled dynasty

I've always like necrons with green glow and blue glow and always wanted to created a bit of fluffiness to justify it. Now that I'm starting to get to the point in building the second half of my army I wanted to flesh out my ideas a bit.

The main premise of the dynasty (lets give it a working name or Jorakh, feel free to say that sounds awful) is that the phaeron of the dynasty never survived the great sleep leaving his twin sons in charge of his forces and the Tomb world, one has a preference for fission energy (green glow) the other fusion energy (blue glow) and during thei upgrade to necrons were constructed to be powered as such, now I have 2 possible scenrios I can follow:

Idea 1

They are literally identical in every way they squabble over who should be overall leader, their armies are identical and any attempt to sieze power ends in a stalemate. However, they are always unified at anyone who tries to trespass on their homeworld and will always fight as one against external aggressors (brotherly love and all that). On tabletop it would be 2 of the same overlord models (probably with different weapons though just for variety) and there are two of every unit in each power colour, and those with 1 unit (i.e. a list with 1 unit of tomb blades) would have a mix of both.

Idea 2

Before the great sleep one of the twins was slowly succumbing to destroyer madness to which the other was aware. The destroyer brother ensured the phaeron would never survive the great sleep and would steel control when he awoke, however, when this happenned none of his court would follow him including his brother who had secretly began converting some of the forces assets and implanted a subroutine into the numerous deathmarks and constructs in the dynasty to ignore the second brother though not fight for him - leading to the destroyer brother believing he had control of a force but unable to oust his brother. The army is then instead split up as follows: one brother is your standard overlord in blue, the other is obviously the crazy destroyer lord. The standard lord has a split in most of the infantry and some of the vehicles, but the destroyer lord has control over the exiled ones (i.e. destroyers, flayed ones, c'tan and deathmarks) as well as the constructs and a dwindling infantry presence. But once again brotherhood prevails against aggressors

Thoughts? I mainly want it to be clear that I haven't just decided to change my army scheme part way through, and in smaller games I will generally mix units colour. I prefer idea 2, as it has more to it, but idea 1 has better symmetry on tabletop

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-16, 06:32 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Sure seems like you put more thought into idea 2, I agree it has a lot more potential. Great way to have two schemes in an army. Maybe give them all a Dynasty marking to unify the colour schemes?

EDIT: oh my fuck Heresy has hashtags. #whythefuckdoesthisexist

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-16, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

Yeah there will be a unified dynasty scheme, though the glyphs will probably take a bit longer, I'm still living in the days of merciless machines being ran by star gods :D

As for the hashtags..... #why ?

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-16, 01:13 AM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

The second idea has the merit of being able to have one color scheme (if you want) and just have it so abstracted on the "exiled" forces that you can hardly tell any more –the army will look much more cohesive while still having two distinct sections. You could even still have the blue and green glow in the same army as if the corrupted ones somehow changed at their cores. The second idea is also more compelling fluffwise (to me), even if the first is much funnier

In the end, though, do whatever makes you happy, and fuck anyone who thinks it's stupid!

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-16, 03:07 AM

The Final Frontier's Flag is: USA

I view 1 as the safe choice and would work fine fluff wise, 2 is a lot more developed as Ntaw pointed and see far more Potential of course but I could see it crashing if the fluff isn't developed properly

"I am Honored to call every single one of you my brother.....You will die today, I will die today but if we must die for the greater good of humanity so be it. With our deaths, our children will blossom into the stars with the Primarches of anew and start a new, grander crusade in the name of the Emperor and as the Emperor's chosen, we will guide them to that path......Show them the true fury of the Emperor's wraith one last time my brothers!.....Forward in the name of the Emperor and may you find salvation with the Emperor when the end comes for you.

- Chapter Master Nilus Pentis of the Ultra Hawks,
00.? 42M, Second battle of Terra

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff > Homebrew 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode