The Harvest cometh. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-08, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Alex's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default The Harvest cometh.

This is a sequel to the assault on compound 9 story. My idea is to slowly bring all the C'tan together for a final epic battle. The black templars here are a small force who are being used by the adeptus mechanicus.

"Captain Lucius this is the Arch Magos, we will give you an hour to try and sort out this problem and then we are releasing the bombs. The storms are getting stronger and I do not like it at all. Be quick"

The squad of Black Templar terminators moved down the narrow streets, towards the energy spike they had dropped near. Captain Lucius spoke quietly into his microphone, "all units converge on objective omega, primary targets sighted, strike quickly". His men lifted their thunder hammers and storm shields and awaited their commands.

Sergeant Theseus was not happy, his squad had dropped completely off course due to turbulence from the storms around the city. The messages from the captain were garbled and not at all coherent, so he had decided to move to the centre. His squad hurried forward, halting every so often to scout out the area. "Sir that statue there doesn't look right", a neophyte called.
Theseus followed his gaze towards an imposing statue standing in the rubble of a statue of the emperor. It was cloaked and its base was distorted,seemingly moving and rippling. "your a space marine aren't you, don't tell me your scared of a statue." he gloated.
"Not scared sir it just looks like a chaos statue, but we weren't told of any influence, just these metal warriors the guard screamed about."
Two of his initiates started screaming and tearing at members of the squad, muttering some garbled words about the harvest. A neophyte drew his sword and sliced their heads off, before placing the bolt pistol in his mouth and shooting. Blood sprayed from his body as he slumped to the floor among the dead bodies of 5 of Theseus' squad. He twisted round from the statue, his mind reeling with what had just happened,it must be tainted by chaos.
"get away from it now" he yelled, turning around he looked for the statue, but it had disappeared in the murky fog. A flash of lightning illuminated the street and he looked up to see the statues form twisting and a long mirrored blade sliding out of its arm. Members of the squad started screaming and scrabbling at their helmets to open them
" It's alright the pain will go", it whispered in their heads," your just becoming a bit like me.....insane, come and join me and the friends in my head"

"Sir they seem to be waiting for something, they've taken out the main square and they're just standing there". The scout shuddered a little as it saw an unbelievable sight."Sir, Theseus' squad is down there, with the enemy."
The line went dead and the scout guessed that Lucius was not happy, not happy at all.

"All units "CHARGE" Lucius bellowed, retrieve that squad from the vile xenos." Knowing they had the element of surprise they stormed forward, straight into the view of lines of gauss weapons. The necrons stood immobile waiting for their unseen masters to command them. Dozens of them were felled by concentrated bolter fire but they just kept reforming and standing up again. The line of Black Templars smashed into them, destroying hundreds of their enemy. A group of monoliths stood in the centre of the square,reforming warrior after warrior, a ghostly field surrounding the Lords and three shadowy figures inside. His devastators and dreadnoughts lined up to unleash hell upon them but nothing could penetrate the living metal of the vehicles, and the field seemed to deaden the weaponry. Lucius saw Theseus guarded by an unusually small group of necrons. His screams of rage echoed round the battlefield as he charged onwards, ready to retrieve his comrades.

"So glad you could join us" the deceiver laughed, "was it terrible being locked up for so long".
The Outsider looked at his two brothers and as if he had only just noticed them, "what oh yes terrible wasn't it my friends hmm oh yes yessss."
The nightbringer hissed, the damn eldar gods have cracked his mind and his form, what good is he now"
"Well he's certainly going to have given the angels of death something to think about if they retrieve their friends, quite reminiscent of what the guard did to my poor pariahs. A pity we will all have left before then. One more job to do and then the harvest can truly begin again, let us head for Mars" The monoliths slowly powered up and whisked away the warriors and lords leaving black templars confused all around the battlefield in the square, while the C'tan just faded away.

"Lucius was so unaware of his surroundings he did not notice the rapid disappearance of the enemy. He grabbed Theseus and hauled him up "are you ok"
Theseus looked up "not yet sir but I soon will be" he said in a tone that worried the captain. "What's happened to you?" he asked
"something showed us how ill we all are" he coughed "and then he gave us these to make us feel better" Theseus opened a box and cackled as he pushed the trigger down,triggering melta bombs all around the square. "Theseus no" Lucius screamed as the world went white and then very dark. None of them survived the purging fire from the explosion. The Black Templars force had found its final resting place among a world due to be destroyed. Two thunderhawks flew over the burning city before dipping low in a respectful pass and returning up to the adeptus mechanicus fleet.

One of the pilots from the thunderhawks raced down the corridor, handing the data slate he carried to an acolyte. The acolyte rushed in and handed it to the Arch Magos who looked at it thoroughly. He slammed the data slate onto the desk shattering its pieces across the floor. NO! They will make for mars next to free our master, we cannot allow the Imperium to find out what our machine god is, make all speed to Mars NOW!

C&C welcome

Builder of the Lego Manta

40K Farsight Enclaves
WFB - Brettonians

Last edited by Alex; 10-29-08 at 04:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-08, 12:24 PM
Ste

Ste's Flag is: United Kingdom

Itrs pretty good. =] MAybe now one about the ctan fighting the relictor skiling them off and then being torn in hald by the drednought....
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-08, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste View Post
Itrs pretty good. =] MAybe now one about the ctan fighting the relictor skiling them off and then being torn in hald by the drednought....
I might do that later(if it could happen lol), but the next ones going to be on mars to get the void dragon (due to the rumours he's there).

40K Farsight Enclaves
WFB - Brettonians

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-08, 01:02 PM
Ste

Ste's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I might do that later(if it could happen lol), but the next ones going to be on mars to get the void dragon (due to the rumours he's there).
no question of it it COULD happen it DID happen lol althoug hthey were RG there relictors now so they were relictors lol and when my Relictor Lord jumps into combat with a strenght 9 initiaive 6 attack ul die lol an a storm bolter with special issue ammunition XD
haha

MWAHAHAHAHAHA lol btw got an idea for a new land raider variant im going to make :D
twin linked assault cannons on the front like crusader but insted of hurricane bolters it fots a a set of 2 twin linked assault cannons on each side mwahahahaha 20 rending shots XD lol an a multi melta on top an it still has 16 transport capacity like crusader
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-08, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=Ste;219792]no question of it it COULD happen it DID happen

Yeah I meant when they're at full strength not the deceiver on his last wound. I've made the model for the outsider now hence the little description of his form.

40K Farsight Enclaves
WFB - Brettonians

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff > Homebrew 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode