The assault on Compound 9 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-08, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Alex's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default The assault on Compound 9

Just a little story about my new favourite force, the Necrons.

The colonel stood on the parapet surveying the land. "anything to report" he asked.
A soldier stepped forward "nothing sir, just a small blip on the auspex but we were told it was a technical problem. The colonel looked out into the morning mist, scanning it for any sign of attack. "Thats what it'll be then soldier, I cant help but feel there's something going on though." He shrugged and walked off down the parapet.

The mist parted for a split second as millions of scuttling creatures swarmed out of the ground and towards the base. Mechanical beasts phased into existence inches away from the tower and preceded to rip the squads to pieces. The colonel stood still in shock as his proud, well trained army fell into disarray. "fall back to the compound NOW" he shouted. The men fell back in an ordered fashion, firing at the enemy. A bright green flash exploded at the top of the walls and they were ripped apart as their molecules were removed by the gauss weaponry. Men who had not been fast enough tumbled to their deaths , screaming as they were caught in the beam.

Rubble moved aside as the small creatures swarmed over what was left of the walls. The gun lines opened fire, destroying thousands with each volley, but still they kept coming. Larger creatures hovered above them spewing out new scarabs for every one killed. The compound shook as the tanks powered up, targeting these large creatures. Explosions rippled across their bodies and slowly the swarms started to decrease in number.

An ominous sound filled the battlefield, as a large number of hovering vehicles came into view. Shooting gauss weaponry at the gun line, they soon removed a large number of the first line. Their glowing portals wavered and then emitted squads of warriors and floating destroyers. Flayed ones ripped out of the ground shuffling towards the lines with malice in their eyes.

The two sides looked at one another, the necrons standing still and easily weathering the fire of the imperial guns, while the guard stood resolute, ready to give their lives to prevent the necrons taking the fortress. As 6 larger necrons emerged from the portals, flanked by the feared immortals, the serried ranks moved forwards, levelling their gauss weapons. Greenish light emitted out of their guns, shredding vehicles and human bodies to pieces. A cackling filled the air as a dancing figure flew across the battlefield. The Deceiver whipped his arms out, slaying troops and confounding seasoned veterans with each swing, retreating each time to watch the havoc he was wreaking.

Pariahs walked forward towards the group of psykers who were valiantly defending the main building. Gauss fire streamed out of their warscythes, cutting down guardsmen who jumped in front of the psykers, eager to protect them. The Necron lord leading them registered fear on their faces as their warscythe's punched into their fleshy bodies. Blood sprayed out and the colour drained from their faces. The last one to die slumped forward, revealing the trigger in his hand. The lord turned to move away already knowing it was too late. Bright light blew out as the melta bombs activated, eradicating the pariahs and the lord. The deceiver screamed as he realised he had been tricked into losing his pariahs. Calling to his army he ordered them to converge on the buildings and remove the mortals until they found what had been captured by the meddlesome deamonhunters.

The colonel stood defiantly in front of the last remaining building, his command squad worn out and depleted. The Necron army had been on the brink of destruction, before the lords had walked among them raising them from the dead. The Imperials had sent their last request for aid before retreating to the last tower standing. His face fell as he saw the hordes of Necrons in front of him, the menacing creature hovering above them laughing at the futility of their stand. His techmarines servitor, hefted the plasma cannon it carried and lined up a shot at the leading monolith. The monolith seemed to resist the shot, as many of them had done before but then it suddenly exploded. Gauss energy blew out in a wide circle totally destroying the warriors surrounding it. Not one stood back up and the command squad cheered for this one small victory of the day.

The deciever waved his hand forward and a golden destroyer lord skimmed forward under the patter of las-fire aimed at him, his warscythe humming with energy. He quickly clove the colonels equerry in half, sweeping it back rapidly to rip the heads off more of the squad. The colonel fired his plasma pistol into the lord repeatedly, slashing his power sword ineffectively at his chest. The lord looked down at the colonel, and he was sure it smiled as it brought the scythe back and stabbed it into the colonels chest, punching through the protective field he wore. His spine ripped apart, and he coughed up blood as he slumped to the floor.

The deceiver floated past his prone form, not even registering his existence. Stopping for a second the deceiver smashed the walls apart and entered the building. A large metal sarcophagus lay in the middle of the room, radiating energy. Flicking open the lid it smiled as a mist seeped out and the Nightbringer's slowly formed. "Brother", the Deceiver laughed, "the harvest is just beginning". The nightbringer turned its head round, baleful yellow eyes gleaming in delight.

Floating together above the destroyed buildings the ancient beings looked up as burning lights flared downwards towards the nearby city, heralding the arrival of the Black Templars chapter. "it seems our forces have reached their new destination" the Nightbringer hissed" " it would be rude not to greet the mortals angels of death". The necron forces remaining in the compound turned towards the city as the chilling sound of gauss weaponry signaled the pylons destroying drop pod after drop pod. Blazing portals opened up in the monoliths and squad after squad moved into them, transported to monoliths far away at the edge of the city. When the last warrior had entered, the monoliths rose above the ground resonating with energy. Slowly they began to disappear and soon the only evidence that there had been a battle at all were the piles of rubble and bones, the place seeming more like an ancient ruin than a recently destroyed base.

Not long after the necrons had departed a group of thunderhawks landed on top of the ruined fortress. Adeptus mechanicus adepts scuttled around gathering information from the debris before returning to the thunderhawks. The Arch Magos looked at the compiled data and, sneered "Cleanse it with fire, all of it!" "

C&C welcomed.

Builder of the Lego Manta

40K Farsight Enclaves
WFB - Brettonians

Last edited by Alex; 10-17-08 at 01:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-08, 05:09 PM
Ste

Ste's Flag is: United Kingdom

its poo... only joking mate lol its good yeah :D check out my story ;) :D
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-16-08, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Ste, yeah I,ve read yours, kind of put mine in the dark really.

40K Farsight Enclaves
WFB - Brettonians

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-16-08, 09:21 PM
Ste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Thanks Ste, yeah I,ve read yours, kind of put mine in the dark really.
Not really mate? I like it, we write differently. I got an A for my english short story coursework though then got an E in ym exam lmao haha sucks XD
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-17-08, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste View Post
Not really mate? I like it, we write differently. I got an A for my english short story coursework though then got an E in ym exam lmao haha sucks XD
I meant in terms of people posting C&C. Yeah I got an A for both, it shows with all the descriptive words I use

40K Farsight Enclaves
WFB - Brettonians
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-17-08, 02:58 PM
Ste

What in A level? Not GCSE lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff > Homebrew 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode