Chaos Tyranids - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-21-15, 11:11 AM
Vaz
Senior Member
 
Vaz's Avatar
Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 12,830
Reputation: 79
Default

Chaos feeds of emotion. What emotion do nids have when under the influence of the Hive Mind? None. They have an order issued to them, an imperative that overrides Fear, Hunger or Rage.

Chaos Mutation is as a reward of the chaos gods. It is always a beneficial creation, regardless of how abhorrent it looks, and that slow melding is something that's indirectly come from the will of the chaos gods in thanks for doing something that furthers their goals. This is something that has only been seen within the Human race at large. Other races, Eldar, and Orks for the most part as these two spend quite a bit of time in the warp, have had a noticeable lack of mutation. Tau have their own methods of intragalactic travel (not sure if they have a FTL drive yet though) without delving into the warp, while the other race, the Nids, with their most humanoid and independent creatures, the Genestealers, have yet to show a notable mutation that's not attributed to the Hive Mind creating it.

And even if there was a "warp tyranid" what difference would there be from the Hive Mind/Norn Queens thinking "Those tentacles? I like that shit. Yo, come over here and I sit in my digestive pool so I can learn how to give it all my goons" and it just becomes yet another evolutionary strain rather than an explicit Chaos boon?

In short, nope. Nothing in warhammer 40k current lore supports such an idea. While homebrew is always pretty cool, this is up there with the equally retarded Chaos Grey Knights, and peoples only answer to why they've made them is "because I could", "because I wanted to", or "because it explicitly said i couldn't so because I'm super special snowflake".



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Vaz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-21-15, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Brodingman87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 36
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Chaos feeds of emotion. What emotion do nids have when under the influence of the Hive Mind? None. They have an order issued to them, an imperative that overrides Fear, Hunger or Rage.
You can scare Tyranids, it's the only reason Calgar is alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
this is up there with the equally retarded Chaos Grey Knights,
Draigo... just saying.
Brodingman87 is offline  
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-21-15, 03:34 PM
Vaz
Senior Member
 
Vaz's Avatar
Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 12,830
Reputation: 79
Default

You can? Or did they simply realise that there wasn't a chance of victory with their current available assets?

As to Draigo, just saying what? When people say "just saying" they don't actually have a point, they just think they're being clever.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Vaz is offline  
 
post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-21-15, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Brodingman87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 36
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
You can? Or did they simply realise that there wasn't a chance of victory with their current available assets?
If you read the Battle of Macragge from the 5th edition codex, The Swarmlord had Calgar on his back and was one stab from killing him, the Honor Guard killed the Tyrant Guard and came to rescue Calgar. One of the Honor Guard had some power weapon call "the Axe of Ultramar" and that axe was able to cause the Swarmlord to flee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
As to Draigo, just saying what? When people say "just saying" they don't actually have a point, they just think they're being clever.
Way to kill the mood man, of course I was being cheeky, Draigo's armor is protecting him from mutation, though Draigo only appearing during Warp Storms, wouldn't that lead to suspicion?
Brodingman87 is offline  
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-21-15, 04:56 PM
Vaz
Senior Member
 
Vaz's Avatar
Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 12,830
Reputation: 79
Default

Sorry, I'll put some Barry White on, will that help set it again?

And 5th edition... eh. Ward. Before some twat comes up and says "it might not be him who personally wrote it", he's the quality control on whether something goes into a book with him name in it.

I don't have 5th edition dex to hand, and cba getting a PDF copy yet. But the 6th edition codex changes this. "Before the Swarmlord could deliver the killing blow, Calgar's Honour Guard threw themselves in front of their lord. Slowly, they drove the Swarmlord back from their fallen commander, their bolters roaring and blades flashing. With their courage and their lives, they held back the tide until the Thunderhawks arrived. Marneus Calgar would live to fight again, but Cold Steel Ridge was lost."

Nothing about being scared there.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Vaz is offline  
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-21-15, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Brodingman87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 36
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
And 5th edition... eh. Ward. Before some twat comes up and says "it might not be him who personally wrote it", he's the quality control on whether something goes into a book with him name in it.

I don't have 5th edition dex to hand, and cba getting a PDF copy yet. But the 6th edition codex changes this. "Before the Swarmlord could deliver the killing blow, Calgar's Honour Guard threw themselves in front of their lord. Slowly, they drove the Swarmlord back from their fallen commander, their bolters roaring and blades flashing. With their courage and their lives, they held back the tide until the Thunderhawks arrived. Marneus Calgar would live to fight again, but Cold Steel Ridge was lost."

Nothing about being scared there.
5th was Candice, Ward wrote 4th... At any rate the author is meaningless.

It's still the same story, just using different language. I remember that axe distinctly because I ask Space Marine players for more info on that axe and they responded with it's probable some generic power axe. The change maybe just to get rid of that conflict of the Swarmlord not caring about Calgar's super awesome powerfists and caring about some generic power axe. "Slowly, they drove the Swarmlord back...", why? It was winning, it shouldn't give a shit about five more nameless marines.
Brodingman87 is offline  
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-21-15, 06:02 PM
Vaz
Senior Member
 
Vaz's Avatar
Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 12,830
Reputation: 79
Default

Yes, Of course it's the same story, because in my quote from that story it said that an Honour Guard scared off the Swarmlord.

Fuck outta here



As for 5 nameless marines, while they've not actually got some names, these guys are the Honour Guard of a Chapter Master. Of the untold billions of Ultramar, hell, even the trillions of the Imperium, there are ~1000 Ultramarines. Out of all of these, who survive long enough to become not only a member of the first company, but to be personally selected to join the Chapter Masters Retinue and Bodyguard, you are talking ultra high class mother fuckers. Entire generations of humanity are going to be born and die, and not have one born during their time alive. They are equipped with the chapters most powerful weapons, and in the Ultramarines case, likely relics from their days as a Legion, such as the Legatine Axes or the Artificer Armour known as the Mantles of Ultramar. High Level hotshit.

"no name marines"





100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Last edited by Vaz; 06-21-15 at 06:09 PM.
Vaz is offline  
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-21-15, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Brodingman87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 36
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Yes, Of course it's the same story, because in my quote from that story it said that an Honour Guard scared off the Swarmlord.

Fuck outta here
You missed it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
As for 5 nameless marines, while they've not actually got some names, these guys are the Honour Guard of a Chapter Master. Of the untold billions of Ultramar, hell, even the trillions of the Imperium, there are ~1000 Ultramarines. Out of all of these, who survive long enough to become not only a member of the first company, but to be personally selected to join the Chapter Masters Retinue and Bodyguard, you are talking ultra high class mother fuckers. Entire generations of humanity are going to be born and die, and not have one born during their time alive. They are equipped with the chapters most powerful weapons, and in the Ultramarines case, likely relics from their days as a Legion, such as the Legatine Axes or the Artificer Armour known as the Mantles of Ultramar. High Level hotshit.

"no name marines"
So, they're very well equipped "red shirts"?... got it. Unless the author(s) cared enough to give the guy a name he is someone in the background. whether he lives or dies is meaningless. He could be a one in a trillion red shirt, still a red shirt.
Brodingman87 is offline  
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-21-15, 06:59 PM
Vaz
Senior Member
 
Vaz's Avatar
Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 12,830
Reputation: 79
Default

Sorry, shit, yeah, I forgot to say.

CHAOSNIDS MAN TOTALLY FUCKING COOL BRO HERE'S WHERE THE SETTING LINKS IN AND ALL TEH SUPPORTING FLUFF. ITS A BIT LIKE IN THE TWO TOWERS AFTER GANDALF KILLS THE BLOODTHIRSTER AND THEN KILLS ANAKIN SKYWALKER BY CHOPPING OFF HIS HEAD AND SHOUTING GET OVER HERE.

Whether Calgar lived or died is meaningless then. Or whether it was the swarmlord.

Or whether it's where you're either a) flat out lying, or b) ignoring the ret con, or c) forgetting the part where at the same time as the Nids are first encountering the Imperium on Tyran, they're simultaneously attacking the Space Marines at Macragge.

5th Ed Space Marine fluff is fucked up yo, get with the times.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Vaz is offline  
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-21-15, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Brodingman87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 36
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Sorry, shit, yeah, I forgot to say.

CHAOSNIDS MAN TOTALLY FUCKING COOL BRO HERE'S WHERE THE SETTING LINKS IN AND ALL TEH SUPPORTING FLUFF. ITS A BIT LIKE IN THE TWO TOWERS AFTER GANDALF KILLS THE BLOODTHIRSTER AND THEN KILLS ANAKIN SKYWALKER BY CHOPPING OFF HIS HEAD AND SHOUTING GET OVER HERE.
There is a Youtube video about that...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF2J_7clCo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Whether Calgar lived or died is meaningless then. Or whether it was the swarmlord.

Or whether it's where you're either a) flat out lying, or b) ignoring the ret con, or c) forgetting the part where at the same time as the Nids are first encountering the Imperium on Tyran, they're simultaneously attacking the Space Marines at Macragge.

5th Ed Space Marine fluff is fucked up yo, get with the times.
No, Calgar and the Swarmlord matter, no one else in that fight did.

Oh no, I'm straight up ignoring the retcon. And the fact that we as fans allow writers to do that makes me laugh so much.

I'm up with the times.
Brodingman87 is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff > Homebrew 40k Fluff

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome