[Dark Talon]Fallen Grey Knight??? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-16-08, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

Default [Dark Talon]Fallen Grey Knight???

Well i was just thinking I had an idea how bout a special character for the Dark Talons whos a fallen grey knight?????? Just an idea shoot it down if you like, I hope its atleast mildly possibly for this to happen thought of the name 'Azraelius the Black' anyway hope its a good idead IMHO I think it is but you may disagree but just tell me what you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-17-08, 01:52 AM

godzy's Flag is: Israel

Grey Kights don't fall to chaos. they just dont.
never.
ever-ever,
I'd never-ever.
(spot that quote)

when they become gray knight they have been through so much tests and inspection, Psycho-surgery and what-not to eliminate any such possibility. where there is a doubt, there is no doubt, the gray knights will eliminate a thousand initiates with just a possibility of taint or malice just to get one of pure heart and a flawless soul. they never have a territory or chapter to rule and become power-hungry through that. they have no Ego, no desires but to purge the deamones. and have little concerns to their own life if they come to a point where the choice is life or duty.
it's just like a space marine, just with all the right decisions.

It's like saying that you want to have a peaceful, loving and caring khron berserker.

post #3 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-17-08, 02:16 AM

Sieg's Flag is: USA

First of all, i paint my gray knights in chaos colors and love to use them as chaos. I believe that any one can fall when given the right reasons.

Also, a berserker with pink armor and a bunny rabbit sonds really funny.... i think i just found my next project.

post #4 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-17-08, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

It is always possible for one to fall I believe, and I thought it was a really cool idea... after its all circumstance. turn their fervor for the emperor to fervor for the chaos gods, could happen you never know, so why not give it a shot
post #5 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-17-08, 02:28 AM

killmaimburn's Flag is: USA

Well, all their fluff says that not one has ever, ever turned since they were created. I suppose a wily grandmaster could have been corrupted and then gotten away without them knowing, but still...

post #6 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-17-08, 02:51 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

This question has been asked many times and will be many more. The answer is always the same. They can't, none have and none ever will. In addition to the checks and proceedures that godzy has already mentioned most go through reguler memory wiping to stop prevent this sort of thing.

Page 7 of the DH Codex states that "to date such precautions have proven to be effective as not a single Grey Knight has faltered in battle or turned to Chaos".

On top of that on page 8 it tells us that "the very presence of Grey Knights in nigh intolerable to Deamons. Their psychic purity and sonorous chants of detestation repel the daemonic and make it hard to maintain their hold on the material universe"

So your trying to tell me that a guy whom Chaos servants find hard to maintaint their presence around is going to turn to Chaos? Sorry but no. It doesn't work like that.

Not to mention the fact that they are enclosed in armour that the powers of Chaos hate to touch or be near. They spend their time out of armour in ships and monestrys that are made of the same thing so even if one did turn tratior he would probably burst into flames instantly just from being in procimity to it. And that is one bloody huge and (in my opinion) total bullshit situation.

The temptation with DIY Chapters is to always make them unique and powerful. Make them stand out by saying that "we have the only *insert special item here* that does *insert special power here*. If you want to make the chapter beleivable and taken seriously then stick with the canon. Make it work within the current fluff.

Personally as soon as I read that a GK has been corrupted by Chaos I stop reading. Its broken a irrefutable rule. You might as well say that they all Primarchs.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but although I'm no longer involved with the project I do still want it to succeed and be seen as a serious chapter rather than something a couple of mates did on a Sunday afternoon without any thought about its relationship to other fluff.

Last edited by Jacobite; 10-20-08 at 02:48 AM.
post #7 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-20-08, 10:11 PM

Here here.
post #8 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-20-08, 10:38 PM

Farseer Beltiac's Flag is: USA

yeah, they're all pyscho-condtioned and stuff. They will never fall.....sorry dude....good idea though...

This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground sir. We're not going anywhere."
—SPARTAN-259
post #9 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-21-08, 11:40 AM

Do what you want, not what anyone else -- or the fluff -- tells you.
post #10 of 90 (permalink) Old 09-21-08, 12:39 PM

Sieg's Flag is: USA

^^^
I totally agree.

Also, grey knights are human underneath all the training and conditioning and humans have proven to be faulty beings in the past and they will be in the future. There is no doubt that one grand master could take a squad of grey knights with him over to chaos if he chose to do so. Loyalty to the emperor is nothing compared to the loyalty to ones battle brother.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff > Homebrew 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode