Fist's of Katane (chapter 1) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-08, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

MarzM's Flag is: Scotland

Default Fist's of Katane (chapter 1)

Departure of old friends.

Even before the servitor knocked on the heavy Adamantium door to his personal domain, the company master of the Imperial Fist 5th company Juron Katane knew it was there. His augmented hearing had picked up the metallic drumming rhythm of the servitors feet as it scurried down the long corridor of the Strike Cruiser Fist of Wrath.

“What is it?” posed the giant marine sitting in his chair. His red and blue heraldry starkly contrasting his bright yellow tactical dreadnought armour.

“News my lord, from the Master” came the reply from the harsh voice box.

“He has decreed that the 5th should depart immediately.”

Good thought Juron as he waved away the servitor. For weeks they had trained for this mission and now it was upon them. Inquisitor Lord Kryptman had petitioned the Imperial Fists for help after discovering a new Hive Fleet. This Behemoth was to be his first real test as master of the 5th and he savoured the thought of slaying the enemies of Him on Terra. Subconsciously he started to rub the small spider tattoo on his neck.

“Your do know it will always be there. Never disappearing, never changing, it’s part of who you are.” Said a voice from the doorway.

“I know Nathanial. It reminds me of a time long ago before this great duty and honour began. It reminds me that brotherhood is important. A place we can call home.”

“Well I thought Necromunda was a hell hole and I’m glad we escaped to this life” replied Nathanial Janus. “You will be ecstatic to hear that Lord Pugh has assigned my Terminator squad to your expedition. They are ready and willing to fight my old friend.”

“Ha“chuckled Juron. “Nathanial and Juron, back together again. It will be just like old times! My methodical planning and tactical awareness and you trying to get us killed!”

“Well not quite the same. Last time we had stub guns and very little training” he said laughing to himself. “Never the less, it will be a great honour to fight by your side once more brother.”

“Then prepare yourselves” said Juron rising to his feet “We leave today.”

The loading deck of the Phalanx was awash with the hustle and bustle of apparatus and troops as Commander Katane strode in. Gazing around at the organised bedlam he surveyed his armada from afar. Pride filled him as he saw how well things were coming together. Servitors buzzed to and fro, the loaders were stacking ammunition and supplies and the tanks were rolling up the embarkation ramps. Out the corner of his eye he spotted the ornamented figure of the Techmarine Axyrus striding towards him.

MarzM
Prince of the Grigori
"Sententia professio meus pugna securis quod ornamentum of bellum" 51:20

Last edited by MarzM; 06-08-08 at 01:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-08, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

“Greetings noble brother Axyrus” said Juron upon his arrival. “It is reassuring to see you here at this time. Surely the Machine God will bless us in this great endeavour.”

“The blessed Machine God will surely smile upon us my Lord”. Replied Axyrus in his usual monotone style. “The vehicles have been blessed and most are already onboard sire, only one remains a problem.”
Juron laughed out loudly, “I wonder who that could be then? Where is he” Juron asked.

“He is over here my Lord” Axyrus said pointing towards the rear of loading bay 8. “I will take you to him.”

Even from as far away as loading bay 4 Juron could hear the commotion. As they approached the giant teleportation pad used for loading the larger pieces of equipment there he stood. More than twice the height of even a Terminator, the ancient Methandes, chains hanging from his mighty sarcophagus. He was swinging wildly at a troupe of tech servitors who were trying desperately to get him onto the pad. “I could sense you coming” barked the dreadnought. “I don’t want to hear it from you either; I’m not getting on that thing!”

“It never ceases to amaze me that you never lost any of your abilities my teacher.” Said Juron calmly. “Even now your psychic talents are as sharp as ever.”

“Don’t try and deceive me young one” growled the dreadnought. “I don’t need my powers to sense your clumsy feet! I still remember you when you fresh off the boat, picking your nose and thinking you were some battle hardened ganger! Well I’m still not getting on that pad!”

“Now, now” said Juron “Surly a wise old Librarian such as you can’t be afraid of a teleport pad?”

“I am afraid of nothing, boy!” Replied Methandes sternly. “I just don’t like them!” Rapturous laughter rang out around the loading bay. “It’s not that funny” said the dreadnought.

“I know old friend, you were always one for drop pods; Axyrus” Juron said beckoning the Techmarine. “Walk Methandes here around the long way, just make sure it takes no longer than two hours. Or we will be leaving without you.”

The Great hall of the Phalanx is a Marvel. Long, elegant, clean and precise. A rare beauty of the vast Imperium. On each side, giant marble statues of giants. Juron stood and gazed at them. All the previous Chapter masters of the Imperial Fists. Immortals, immortalized; all the way back to Dorn himself. Juron couldn’t help but wonder if Dorn was still watching them, guiding them.

“Every time you are summoned here you always spend time looking at those statues. It’s almost as if you believe they are going to come to life.”

MarzM
Prince of the Grigori
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-08, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

“Sometimes I wonder if they can see us and the great endeavours we do. They represent the inspiration of the entire chapter. They are great and might leaders that we all should aspire to.”

“Yes they are and yes; as Chapter Master of the Imperial Fists Chapter, I do.”

“Yes Lord” said Juron as he turned and bowed. “I meant no disrespect.”

“I did not for a second think you did” replied Vladimir Pugh. “Are you ready? I need the 5th to be underway as soon as everyone is onboard.”
“Yes Lord” Juron replied again. “Even old Methandes is onboard. Although he took the long way around, again!”

“Hmm”. Snorted Pugh, “some things just never change”, he added as he rounded and placed himself upon the great marble throne at the head of the room. “I have heard nothing further from Lord Kryptman and nothing from Captain Bannon. His Kill team went up against the Tyranid Hive Fleet 2 months ago, but nothing since then”.

“That is unusual Lord”, .agreed Juron. “Even though we’re far from Ultramar I would have thought that Captain Bannon would have reported back by now. I will leave at once.” Juron bowed and turned to leave.

Gloom and darkness surrounded the Lord of the 7th Legion. All his warriors were brave, perhaps to brave. Captain Bannon was a fine soldier, a leader of men. He was however like all Fists stubborn. Pugh knew that the Tyranid invasion was one of the greatest treats to the survival of the Imperium. Countless billions of genetically created eating machines hell bent on destruction, and only the blunt hammer of the Guard regiments and the scalpel of Astartes Chapters holding back Humanity from the night.

“Worrying indeed” muttered Pugh under a deep breath as he watched Juron leave. “He’s a tough one wouldn’t you say?”

“ Yes Lord” said Xrara stepping out from the shadows that were concealing him. Light shone down upon his giant skull shaped helm. The Chaplain Stood behind his master, his crozius in hand. “He Will do well. He is competent and tactically aware, he was the perfect choice, and adding Nathaniels’ Terminator’s will create an even stronger bond.”

“I hope so Xrara. You should go with him, make them strong. Primarch, Progenitor - To your glory, and the glory of Him on Earth.”

MarzM
Prince of the Grigori

Last edited by MarzM; 06-08-08 at 01:17 AM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-08, 01:12 AM Thread Starter

It is quite long, and probably goes on a bit but i was just wondering what you think. I am Dsylexic so i wouldn't worry to much about the grammer but just the basic sentiment.

Cheers all

MarzM
Prince of the Grigori
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-08, 01:41 AM

Taggerung's Flag is: USA

Good story, I would enjoy reading more if there is any.

Check out my DKOK Project Log!

Armies : Raven Lords Chapter, 219th Siege Regiment and Da Grotteef Waaaaghhhh

Currently Painting : 219th Siege Regiment, about 25% done! Last updated 3/7/2013
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-08, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

hopefully there will be. I have an entire story planned out to explain who/what they are and what happens to them.

MarzM
Prince of the Grigori
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-08, 08:20 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

I likes it mate. Nice description without being too much. Cheers for the heads up as well.

Its great to see a story with no action and focus on the set up. I assume this is going to be back ground for a Chapter?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-14-09, 01:54 AM

kiret's Flag is: USA

I agree with Jacobite. Great set up. Makes for a great story down the road. I know it's been a while but when do you think there will be more?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff > Homebrew 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode