Ari General Empire (in progress) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-12, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

heion's Flag is: USA

Default Ari General Empire (in progress)

Dia Thréig Sub-Sector

This is the fluff for the codex I'll be starting soon.

The dia thréig sub-sector lays at the very edge of the Cygnus arm of the Milky Way galaxy. It's major inhabitants being the Militaristic Ari-Dicon, the biomantic Leben, and the tribal Norinea. These races have formed under the Ari General Empire and fight to hold off the threats that are the Imperium of Man, the Orks, and the Tyranid. Their empire grows by the day and their ambition escalates with each victory.

The head species is The Ari-Dicon. Their tumultuous history of civil war after civil war have battle hardened even the weakest of their population. They exist now only to lay waste to those who choose not to, or cannot follow them. Their earliest histories show their future well in their mass wars for the central continent of their world, it's uranium rich sands and mountains fueled their weapons and armor, as they still do now. THis war was fought not only by the Ari-Dicon, there were at the time three sub-races of Ari. The Ari-Erindi, who lorded mastery in science over the others. The Ari-Numid, who showed great leaps in control of psychic powers. And then the Ari-Dicon, who had developed great weapons and armor. The war raged for three thousand years before the Ari-Dicon finally rose to supremacy subjugating the other sub-races and forming their Empire proved difficult over the next thousand years Leading up to the war of peace, where a chaos cult of Ari-Numid mind crushers led a religious revolt against the fledgling General Empire. Genocide and theocracide from The sorcerous Way of peace resulted in retaliation from the general empire in a way that was unexpected, they used their new space fairing technology to wipe the entire southern continent of life, the now barren hellscape was then scoured for the symbols and relics of the Ari-Numid, and systematically destroyed them. They soon spread to the worlds of their solar system, slowly making colonies on the livable 5th,known as Aikai, world and stations around the gas giants to harvest their gasses.

On the Aikai world their soon sprang up a democratic separatist nation of Ari-Dicon, known as the Freedom Corps. The General Empire saw them as little threat in their domain, and continued their work into their battle gear projects. Soon it was shown the newly founded nation hand no want for isolationism. There were soon battles across the system over stations. The battles continued to escalate leading up to the climax over the homeworld. The Freedom Corps. had had the major victories, and held a majority of the gas collection stations. their capital ship was set to land and launch the finishing blow to the capital of the General Empire as a cruiser baring the markings of the Empire slingshotted around the planet. from it's hull glowed thousands of brilliant white lights as the first waves of the new weapon of the Empire came to bare. These Ariniod machines carrying larger versions of the weapons of the infantry of the Empire. They soon swarmed the capital ship rending into it's hull collapsing large sections of the ship. The capitalship's cannons and turrets slew hundreds of the battle gear but were quickly removed by their blast rifles. simultaneous to the battle over the homeworld, a drop ship of the Empire dropped a ground based version of the battle gear onto Aikai their metallic hides absorbing blows as they dealt them back. The surrender of the Freedom Corps. came swiftly, and was met with a surprisingly amiable reaction. The members were allowed to blend back into society, but under cover of day the entire former military force was removed and slaughtered by the Imperious forces. The Ari-Erindi soon after developed the first warp drive for their species. The Ari-Dicon did not let this pass them but obtained it quickly. The Ari-Erindi surrendered it without a fight or compensation. for their actions they were given privileges to build their own ships, but were denied arms.

The Ari-Dicon soon outfitted their fleets with these drives, and set their sights upon the near by worlds. The first systems were explored and studied but found to have no life existed among them. This brought a slight depression over the General Empire. But it would not last as they came to a system designated Lore. This system contained a set of worlds that came dangerously close. on the smaller world, within it's constant shifting surface was detected life. upon landing on it's frozen surface they came into contact with the enigmatic Leben, Or more accurately their atrocities giant living transports, within each were 10 of the Arachnid-esk Leben. Their trills soon became clear to be a form of language. They soon brought Ari-Erindi to help with the solving of the gap of language.

Exploration fleet Lainne soon came across a world called Folamh. On this world was found an insectiod race that knew its self As the Norinea. Their earliest contact with this race comprised of short skirmishes, where the stone age weaponry of the Norinea, and their odd tactics, proved to be the match to many Ari-Dicon ground assaults. The Ari general Empire soon grew to respect these tribal heathens. They soon began supplying steel to the Norinea as well as old primitive ships. Though they were originally equipped with weapons and heavy armor The Norinea soon requested that they be given unarmed lighter ships.

The language barrier with the Leben was slowly bridged, and with it came many perks. They soon began free trade with the arachnids giving technology for the bioweapons, atrocities, and augmentations from the Leben. The augmentations were rarly turned down, though they were dangerous and mutilating to the receiving Ari-Dicon. The bioweapons went into quick use against the more influential races of the near by systems. The wars in the sub sector slowly ground to halts as races gave into the General Empire. The spread of their power brought their racial hubris to new highs.

It was not long before they came across a world that spat fire and smog into the void of space. Surrounded by fleets of ancient ships it stood in their vision as just another world to take. Ari fleets piled into the system and engaged rapidly. The battle raged for a decade before the Ari were pushed out of the system by reinforcing fleets coming out of the warp. Their supremacy threatened by their defeat sent the Ari-Dicon into a rage they called to their allies for support, from them they gained six standing armies from the Norinea worlds, and three fleets from the Leben. The return to the system now labeled Fásach they were met with immediate engagement. The Leben reacted first their living ships grasping and crushing many of the smaller ships of the enemy fleet. the Ari ships engaged the larger ships covering for the Norinea drop ships. It was three months before the ground forces of the General Empire would touch the grounds of Fásach, but once on the ground they were met with untold numbers of the creatures that ruled this world. Each time ground forces could be placed on the world they were pressed back by the robed cyborgs and their hordes of savants.

Last edited by heion; 06-27-12 at 06:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-12, 09:03 AM

Very original and interesting fluff. It could use a little editing, and perhaps some more punctuation to help the audience follow the narrative easier. I look forward to more, and the codex entires when you get there.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-12, 12:27 PM
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

wow pretty good

though something about them reminds me of the tau empire

when are you going to post pics of your converted ari models

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-12, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenskin View Post
Very original and interesting fluff. It could use a little editing, and perhaps some more punctuation to help the audience follow the narrative easier. I look forward to more, and the codex entires when you get there.
once I'm close to done (about 12 more paragraphs ) I'm going to go through and edit the entire thing. XD, but thanks for the compliment. I lost about 8 of the paragraphs yesterday from a computer crash. :/

Last edited by heion; 06-26-12 at 06:51 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-12, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPr1est View Post
1. wow pretty good

2. though something about them reminds me of the tau empire

3. when are you going to post pics of your converted ari models
1. Thanks ! :3

2. They are kind of like the tau. a bit more blood thirsty, and less advanced.

3. When I get the money to by all the modles and pieces to chop up XD. I want to get new ones, cause I love my modles X3

Last edited by heion; 06-26-12 at 06:35 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-07-12, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

i hated that storm, I've been out for a week but I'll start adding again tomorrow
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-12, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

I hate moving, but it was needed so now i'll start editing and filling in the last quarter of back story, then I'll post the codex which I just the rough draft of the main list, now the Leben and the Norinea are left to be worked on.

Last edited by heion; 08-23-12 at 01:18 PM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-13, 09:35 PM

windup-rabbit's Flag is: USA

Hey, I've been handed the materials and the project by Heion, so I'll be the one working on this now because he's to busy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff > Homebrew 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode