A new frontier - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-12, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

demonlord24's Flag is: USA

Default A new frontier

I didn't know where this would go, so I just placed it here.

I am looking for writers with a good sense of imagination and an open mind, as well as other modelers, to help me expand upon a small idea I've had in my head and on pieces of paper around my house.

This is a story about all of the major factions in warhammer 40k banding together. Yes, including the orks and the tyranids and also some of the forces of chaos and loyalists banding together.

Now, please, bear with me. I already have a pretty sturdy fluff behind this idea, it's not just out of the blue.

If you are interested, please, leave a comment in this thread. If you do not like this idea, please say so and explain how I can improve on the idea. If enough people start getting an interest in this and writing about this, I'll start writing up some stuff for a home made codex, based in the stuff you write.

I will ask this of you, for those of you. Please, do not make overly funny stories as that kills the mood of the idea.

On the thread here I will be posting a few characters and some important events to remember.

Thank you for your time and support.

Happy Heresy Heretics!

Demonlord24

Take a look at all the primarchs that stayed loyal.
Dead, missing, or in critical condition.

Now, take a look at the chaos primarches.
One missing primarch, the rest are Daemon Princes.

Chaos, The Better Solution.

Paid for by the Word Bearers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-12, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

Characters

Kan Wrek

The leader of Freedoms Legion and the Necron lord that used to be controlled by The Nightbringer before discovering the Orb of Enlightenment, which freed him and his tomb world. He follows the teachings of Freedom, the god that resides within the orb, and a kind hearted man that believes in negotiations rather than fighting to get his way. He will, however, show no mercy to any being that is allied to the Apocolypse Gods, dimensional beings that corrupted the Chaos gods and created the warp. Wields a large staff of light that has a scyth like blade attached to it. Bears the scars of his first actual encounter with the Apocolypse God known as Rage, the father of all Apocolypse Gods.

Steel

The leader of Squad Hope and the sixth captain of the 10 Grand Captains. Believes that scars are to be shown and not hidden or healed in order to scare and intimidate his enemies. He was the first Necron to encounter the Apocolypse Gods, the first being was Captain Chavil Dormatus before his chapter's home world was sucked into a large unknown portal along with his entire chapter. Steel hates negotiations and is usually kept busy in order to keep him from saying something both he and the legion from regretting it. Will always see those that have defeated him or showed strength and courage in front of him as a peer. Steel uses a G.H.W (Gauss Haevy Weapon) that can be used in almost every combat situation.

Forlon

Shares power with Steel and his squad and is the third captain of the 10 Grand Captains. Is mainly the brains of the squad, looking for alternatives of fighting instead of rushing in like Steel usually does. As Steel is headstrong and bold, Forlon is the opposite and the two usually clash together on trivial matters and fight almost every day, though in the battlefield they work together like the two have a psychic connection. Forlon is almost always found reading ancient literature from Tera's ancient history. Forlon uses a spacial weapon called the Gauss Scatterer, a sort of shotgun that fires numerous beams of gauss energy at a target.

Wolfbane

The leader of Special Forces Unit, The Snow Wolves, and first captain of the 10 Grand Captains. He is also the second in command of Kan Wrek as well as his most trusted friend. Though most of the squads have two captains to lead them, Wolfbane doesn't want another captain with him as the captain he served with, before Wolfbane was a grand captain and had a cool personality, dies protecting him against multiple Eldar banshees. To this day, he extremely distrusts eldar. Following his captain's suit, Wolfbane carries a combination of a war scyth sword and a Gauss Pistol though he still uses his gauss flayer.

Cortivas

A Wraith of Freedom's Legion that is in charge of developing new weapons and gadgets for them and their allies. A human tech priest in his former life, Cortivas sees his new body as a way of achieving perfection and becoming ever closer to the Omnisiah. Though he thinks like a tech priest, he still lets his human side get the best of him. Cortivas is a little rash and prideful of himself, though he says that it is natural when you have achieved near perfection. He has created a Necron ship that uses human technology as well as xenon technology and an A.I system that had been scavenged from a heretek ship that had attempted to raid their planet. Cortivas affectionately calls the A.I 01000101011011010110100101110011011100110110000101 11001001111001, or Emissary, it's "Primitive Name". Cortivas doesn't carry any other weapons other than his wraith blades, but he has combined his sleek metal figure with tech priest technology for old times sake. He can decipher any length of code within a span of 1 minute or faster.

Last edited by demonlord24; 05-29-12 at 04:15 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-12, 03:01 AM

I would be interested in how sturdy fluff and all of the factions uniting goes together.

I know enough to be dangerous

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-12, 03:11 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I'm trying to find the page of important events as well as some of the new faction fluff.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-12, 03:34 AM Thread Starter

Important Events

First Contact

Not one being had ever contacted the Apocalypse God's dimension or even attempted to think about a third dimension existing. This all change when the space marine chapter, Gorgon's Fist, sent out a distress beacon out before their planet was sucked into The Gate of Ashes, along with the entire chapter. With the distress beacon came a box recording of the chapter's master, Alexander, The Pure. The box recording, designated "First Contact", said that his captain's reported seeing human like figures coming out of the portal and descending upon their planet. Alexander then reported that the figures looked like "Angels of purity and light" before a loud crackle could be heard and then silence. Some tech priest say that it may have been feed back from the vox entering the portal, others say that it may have been the planet collapsing on itself. Though all have different opinions, all agree on this statement. The planet is now lost.

Descent of Angels

Three months after First Contact was heard, a second portal appeared outside of Terra herself. This portal gleamed with light and everything that gazed upon it could not take their eyes off of it. The only ones who were not mesmerized by the portal were the Adaptes Custodes and three squads of Grey Knight that had received the blessing of their inquisitor after vanquishing a daemon that would have claimed a different world. A figure descended upon the world and landed in an Imperial Guard stronghold. The figure was a woman that was dressed in ancient Terran clothing. She wore a victorian style dress with an umbrella. Upon looking upon her, the Imperial Guardsmen seemed hypnotized by her "Beauty and mystic grace". But, on further examination, her skin with silky white, but her eyes were as dark as space itself. She told the Imperial Guardsmen that she has looked upon the human race with prideful eyes, always admiring their ways of living. Then she said that in order to be like her and her people, they must abolish their foolish emperor that had abandon them so. But, while The Lady in Black spoke, a guardsman, pure of heart, sneaked out of the stronghold and went to warn the Adaptus Custodes. However, he was killed by strange creatures that were bathed in black. During this, however, The Lady in Black had the hearts and minds of the Guardsmen that were within the stronghold. Lord General Cratos of the Guardsmen asked if she could help them destroy the one who was holding them back. The Lady in Black told him to shoot one of his own men. Without hesitating, Cratos pulled out his bolt pistol and fired at his commissar. The commissar looked at his body and saw that the bolt had fallen before his boots. The Guardsmen then believed that The Lady in Black was their true savior. After 10 whole days, the Guardsmen, now "Vanguards of the Dark Light", had amassed almost 2 entire regiments of Imperial Guardsmen while The Lady in Black hid their presence and blessed them with the power of disorder. After the 11th day, the Vanguards marched towards the Imperial Palace, equipped and blessed by their new gods. The Adaptus Custodes shot into the group of approaching guardsmen but found that none of their shots could penetrate an invisible wall of energy that The Lady in Black had placed around them. Lord General Cratos walked right up to the Golden Throne and tore him from the Golden Throne, replacing the Beacon of Light with the new Beacon of Dark Light that The Lady in Black was maintaining. When the news of the Emperor being overthrown reached the ears of the rest of the Imperium, it reached them in a different setting. The news was that the Emperor had chosen a new successor in place of him to lead Man Kind into a new age of prosperity and hope. Some Space Marine chapters hesitated to call this new Empress as their new god. Most accepted it, thinking that the Emperor had taken a new body in order to better lead his sons into battle. One chapter outright refused to accept this new ruler as their goddess. The Desert Bandits became the first chapter ever to secede from the Imperium and not fall to Chaos in the process.

The Purge of the Fallen Angels

After The Lady in Black slew the Emperor and took the Imperial Palace with the Vanguards of the Dark Light, most Imperial citizens believe her as the new Emperoress. Using her power to keep Imperial ships from not using Warp Travel, she issued her first order to the Inquisition and the Space Marine chapters. The order was to purge ten thousand Imperial Planets and 7 chapters of space marines. At first, most space marine chapters thought that she was mad. ThenThe Ultramarine and the Dark Angels began purging planets around the Imperium. The Salamanders and the Iron Fists, who were one of the chapters who were to be purged, evacuated their planets and went to seek refuge with their fellow "heretic" chapters. 7 chapters soon became 9 after the Space Wolves and their splinter chapter, The Frost Dragons, began secretly evacuating their planets and hiding them. Soon the number grew as The Lady in Black began to condem chapters to be purged after she found out about the secret evacuations. Soon, reports of chapters and other imperial citizens seeking refuge with the Eldar and the Tau empire began to come in, making the purge more brutal. Two chapters, The Desert Bandits and The Sons of the Sand, made a valiant stand against the combined force of seven whole chapters, one of those chapters were the Blood Ravens who soon proved to be using the assault as a distraction while some of their chapter evacuated the nomads floatillas. Both chapters held on long enough to receive help from Freedoms Legion and the Tau Empire, who were the allies of Freedoms Legion. At the end of the year, over fourtyseven trillion humans and three hundred chapters had been purged, including the Nova Marines, who had been betrayed by the Ultramarines to march into a large field only to see their battle brothers turn upon them.

Last edited by demonlord24; 06-01-12 at 01:06 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-12, 03:41 AM

Rems's Flag is: Australia

How about starting from the beginning and posting up the fluff for you new setting.

Why have all the races banded together? What threat are they facing? How did each faction go about joinging with the others.

Right now there's just a few characters (who have very non necron names) and some stuff on an Imperial Purge. Who's the Lady in Black? How was she able to defeat the Emperor?

You need to put up some context and general information first before launching into specifics and details.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-12, 04:30 AM

You might get some Chapters to go along with this Lady in Black, but the Ultramarines and Dark Angels? I have trouble believing that two original Chapters would just go along with this Usurper.

And no Warp Travel? Really? How does she do this?

I agree with Rems. You need to start from the beginning. A good solid overview/outline would do wonders.

I know enough to be dangerous
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-12, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Sorry, the purge was the first page I could find.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff > Homebrew 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode