Jiang Shi Dynasty - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-12, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Archon Dan's Flag is: USA

Jiang Shi Dynasty

This is my Necron dynasty. Comments are welcome.

Pre-Great Sleep:
The Jiang Shi Dynasty was not notably powerful prior to bio-transference. Its Crown World's location in the Galactic North meant conflict with neighboring dynasties was common. There were constant struggles for territory and resources, even as The War in Heaven escalated. Several of the Jiang Shi's rivals saw the war as an opportunity to expand their own power bases.

While such dishonorable conduct met with the ire of the Triarch Praetorians, Jiang Shi was left with few worlds under its control. As many Necron dynasties entered stasis, Jiang Shi was still scrambling to complete their stasis tombs.

Some ambitious and vengeful nobles took this chance to reclaim what they felt was rightfully Jiang Shi territory. They infiltrated several rival tomb worlds and even the Crown World of the Thekes dynasty, their most hated rival. No Necron tomb world was set to defend from their own kind and these worlds were easy prey. The Lords of Jiang Shi re-programmed the tombs' master computers, erased and altered the memories of prominent nobles or even sabotaged their stasis-crypts.

Having tripled in territory and fighting force, Jiang Shi entered the Great Sleep in better condition than many other dynasties. Their finally finished stasis tombs were some of the most advanced, having avoided squabbling for critical resources.

Crown World: Draugr
The Crown World of the Jiang Shi dynasty was at one time a lush, tropical world. But in the eons since the War in Heaven, many tomb worlds have undergone dramatic change. Draugr is currently in the midst of an ice age, glaciers dominating much of the planet. Daytime temperatures in the equatorial region only reach around 10 degrees Celsius(50 degrees Fahrenheit).

Despite this cold, the planet's atmosphere is hospitable to humans; even storms are a rare occurrence. Furthermore, the Draugr system is rich in resources sought by the Imperium. By the time, the Jiang Shi dynasty began stirring to wakefulness, Draugr was a Forge World and Sector Capitol, the other planets in the system heavily mined.

Draugr is located in the Galactic Eastern Fringe in close proximity to the Ghoul Stars and the Astartes chapter planet, Crepuscular. It is the sixth planet of a giant blue star of the same name, whose rays bathe the ice world in an almost unnatural glow. Psykers find themselves cut off from the Warp on Draugr as their is a fully functional Null Field Matrix deep within the tomb complex.

Imperial Discovery:
The Adeptus Mechanicum discovered Draugr's secret at the end of M38. They had inadvertently built a Manufactorium complex over the tomb's entrance. It is said that a seismic event caused one of the Imperial buildings to collapse into the inert Necron tomb.

The Tech-priests could not resist the opportunity to study the archaic technology. But the tomb, while apparently silent was incredibly perilous. Phantom-like Wraiths phased through walls and ceilings, slashing the unwary to ribbons. Scarab swarms devoured anything they came across as they roamed the endless maze of corridors. And worst of all, the tomb itself seemed to attack the Tech-priests. Various tunnel complexes under Draugr's surface are connected by phase-tunnels that typically allow those using them to walk through solid rock. But as power fluctuates due either to maintenance cycles or defensive protocols, many phase tunnels "collapse," instantly crushing the Tech-priests within.

It is not long before the Tech-priests reluctantly avoid using the phase-tunnels. As such, they are unable to reach the heart of the tomb complex. They are only able to gain access to the least critical areas. They are however, able to retrieve the bodies of several dozen Necron Warriors over the following decades. The Tech-priests disassemble the Necrons, learning as much as they can about their living metal bodies. They even manage to retrieve several Gauss Flayers, though are unable to learn much about how they function.

The Awakening:
In early M39, the Jiang Shi dynasty began to stir within their crypts. Their revival was by no means swift, taking several centuries for full tomb functions to come online. As the Crown World shuddered to life it became far more dangerous for the surface dwelling humans to enter.

As it happened, several of the captured Necron Warriors stirred to life mid-dissection, throttling those Tech-priests nearest them before being blasted apart. One Magos Xenologis noted that one particular Necron reassembled itself no less than three times before completely disappearing like the rest. It is perhaps these Warriors being teleported back to their stasis crypts that began the re-activation of the rest.

But the Tech-priests would not realize the full danger they faced. Other than some Warriors springing to life, Draugr showed no outward signs of active Necrons. Indeed, Phaeron Shinmek was one of the first to awaken and shook off the fatigue of ages with amazing speed. Through his cunning, Draugr's awakening state was kept hidden from the humans. His court argued for decisive vengeance, showing the violent temperament of Jiang Shi had not dulled through the ages. But Shinmek was wise and quelled them into submission by destroying a dozen of his Warriors bare-handed. They were not ready for war.

Battle for Draugr:
Phaeron Shinmek spent much time pouring over the monitors at the complex's central computer. He learned the humans had been taking his Warriors for some time. He downloaded visual images from some of these Warriors, watching with controlled rage as the upstarts dared to disect their betters. Shinmek implanted several Warriors with mindshackle scarabs and had them placed in the upper tomb for the Tech-priests to find.

When the Jiang Shi dynasty was ready to attack, the battle did not even last a single rotation. The Tech-priests were completely unprepared for the surge of Immortals and Warriors that poured from the tomb. Worse still, many of their own, infected with Mindshackle Scarabs turned on their comrades. Wraiths phased through the ground to capture those high-ranking officials not under scarab control. Shinmek had promised them to his nobles.

In the aftermath, the human survivors were enslaved by the Necrons. The Mindshackle Scarabs ensured they could not give away Draugr's secret to the rest of the Imperium. The Manufactorium even continued to produce Imperial weapons all to keep the disguise. Though even as their consumption of materials increased, their output began to fall. The slaves are increasingly building the Necron war machines.

The officials captured faced a far worse fate than the enslaved. They were made to watch as each was selected for vivisection by the Necron nobility. Even after the Necrons had learned all they could about human anatomy, they continued, vengeance their true goal. Holo-vids were stored of these gruesome acts, planned for use as terror-tactics.

Expansion:
After securing their hold on Draugr, the Jiang Shi dynasty began to seek out their other tomb worlds. They activated their teleportation fields and wormholes that linked to their nearest planet, Revenant.

Revenant is the tenth planet in the Draugr system and a massive gas giant. Concealed deep within the planet is a tomb complex and the primary shipyard of the Jiang Shi dynasty. From Revenant ships can be sent to all other dynasty holdings without drawing attention to Draugr. Imperial ships are not capable of getting deep enough into the planet to be a threat. Those that have tried however have found the Necron defenses insurmountable. Sensors cannot even detect where the particle rays originate.

Revenant also houses a Dolmen Gate Hub. However, the section of the Webway near the Ghoul Stars is teeming with Dark Eldar. The Jiang Shi dynasty uses their Dolmen Gates only when absolutely necessary.

"Fetch me another plaything. This one seems to have broken." -Urien Rakarth

Space Marine- "This planet is ours, witch."
Eldar- "No ... This planet is theirs ..."

Last edited by Archon Dan; 02-25-12 at 02:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-12, 01:32 AM
Feed

This is excellent stuff mate. Well thought out and kept in line with existing fluff.

Have a cookie from I.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-12, 01:47 AM Thread Starter

Thank you ver much.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-12, 05:23 PM
Pride365's Flag is: USA

I don't know a ton about the Necron but this stuff looks aswome! are you going to post any more?

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-12, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

I've been thinking about adding some more. My original goal was to be brief, given that my chapter fluff collapsed upon itself. I'll probably wait until I finish my fanfic that covers the 2nd Battle of Draugr. I don't want to spoil the end and what happens to the attacking humans.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-12, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon Dan View Post
I've been thinking about adding some more. My original goal was to be brief, given that my chapter fluff collapsed upon itself. I'll probably wait until I finish my fanfic that covers the 2nd Battle of Draugr. I don't want to spoil the end and what happens to the attacking humans.
Where do you post your fan fiction? I read a ton of it!

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-12, 08:30 PM
The Curmudgeon

jonileth's Flag is: USA

It is in the Original Works section of the forum.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-12, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride365 View Post
Where do you post your fan fiction? I read a ton of it!
Here's the link to my big story. It's got a link to the companion story at the top. Both are about the 2nd Battle of Draugr to an extent. I'm still working on the big story but the companion is just a short story that I wrote to see if I could write something like it. I also have another story that I am working on. It's first chapter is up and is here.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-12, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon Dan View Post
Here's the link to my big story. It's got a link to the companion story at the top. Both are about the 2nd Battle of Draugr to an extent. I'm still working on the big story but the companion is just a short story that I wrote to see if I could write something like it. I also have another story that I am working on. It's first chapter is up and is here.

Thank you for the links it made things easy for me!

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 09:28 AM

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

I have no idea how I missed this. This is some amazing stuff here Dan. Hard to believe I managed to post my own and not find this gem. Very cool, I laughed at the image of a necron half assembled on a table waking up, looking down at his missing lower half, looking at the very surprised techpriest standing over him, back down at his missing legs, and strangling the tech priest.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff > Homebrew 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode