Your favourite Battle In the Movies/Books - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings For all discussion related to the LotR game.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-23-10, 02:09 AM
description whore

deathbringer's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Corsairs View Post
You never know, they might do more films on the history of Middle-earth after the Hobbit is over and done with. I heard rumours somewhere that a Silmarillion film was in the pipeline for planning.

Whether it's true or not I don't know but either way it'll be a good few years before we here anything official if they do make more films.
bit of a bombshell for me, I had no idea that the hobbit was in progress, that is awesome. Definitely looking forward to that, howver the whole film depends on whether they nail smaug, and dont do as poorly as the did with the balrog.

That for me is the clincher

kudos to lillian thorne for the awesome sig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-23-10, 02:20 AM

Kale Hellas's Flag is: Australia

the battle of pelanor fields from the book the movie cut out the clans and they were the best part

post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-23-10, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbringer View Post
bit of a bombshell for me, I had no idea that the hobbit was in progress, that is awesome. Definitely looking forward to that, howver the whole film depends on whether they nail smaug, and dont do as poorly as the did with the balrog.

That for me is the clincher
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903624/

Regards,
Jake.

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-23-10, 02:32 PM
bobss's Flag is: England

Quote:
You never know, they might do more films on the history of Middle-earth after the Hobbit is over and done with. I heard rumours somewhere that a Silmarillion film was in the pipeline for planning.

Whether it's true or not I don't know but either way it'll be a good few years before we here anything official if they do make more films.
The Silmarillion would be truly epic, even if it would lack Hobbits and Dwarves; Glorfindel fighting a Balrog at Gondolin, and various other Elven characters fighting against often several Balrog`s (Ugh, cannot remember exactly where it is, but an Elven hero goes to the Morgoth`s gates to retrieve the Silmaril`s, only to be pulped into the ground by Balrogs) Oh, and the War of the Wrath, with the Dragons...

The Hobbit looks to be great, but it was never supposed to be as serious as say, Lord of the Rings, or the Silmarilion...
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-23-10, 05:11 PM
Rattlehead

I'm torn between Helm's Deep (I just love Uruks), Amon Hen or Shelob's Lair (If that counts at all). The duel between Aragorn and Lurtz is my favourite scene in the films.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-23-10, 09:36 PM

Sure Shelobs' Lair counts, there is a fight afterall . The first film was on TV last night so I got to watch both The Last Alliance and Amon-Hen again. Amon-Hen was my favoutie of the two. Balins Tomb is good also.

Regards,
Jake.
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-20-10, 10:35 AM

Worldkiller's Flag is: USA

I highly doubt a movie based off the Silmarillion is going to happen, the first five chapters are about singing, and to be quite frank much of it is incredibly boring in comparison to Lord of the Rings or even The Hobbit, not to say it doesn't have it moments. But a film based off the Silmarillion would simply not be profitable enough to be a realistic option for any film production company. A tv mini-series on the other hand could work, if there were people willing to put the time and effort into it.

Finished: Too Much Love Will Kill You (working title), an original fiction novel. Working on: Second draft of Too Much Love, and the first draft of A Winter's Tale (working title).
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-20-10, 10:35 AM

Worldkiller's Flag is: USA

Oh and battle of the Pelenor Fields, the book version, not the less epic film version.

Finished: Too Much Love Will Kill You (working title), an original fiction novel. Working on: Second draft of Too Much Love, and the first draft of A Winter's Tale (working title).
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-20-10, 08:33 PM

Hmm yeah true Wordkiller, very true.

Plus I highly doubt there'd be anybody willing to put time/effort/money into a TV series on it. It's not like there's anybody as dedicated as George Lucas behind the Tolkein Universe.

Regards,
Jake.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-20-10, 08:40 PM

Baron Spikey's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Hmm yeah true Wordkiller, very true.

Plus I highly doubt there'd be anybody willing to put time/effort/money into a TV series on it. It's not like there's anybody as dedicated as George Lucas behind the Tolkein Universe.
But on the plus side there's no one as bat shit crazy as George Lucas looking to ruin the Tolkien Universe as he did Star Wars/Indiana Jones.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode