Is anybody actually going to buy the..... - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings For all discussion related to the LotR game.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-13-12, 01:09 AM

Straken's_Fist's Flag is: South Georgia

No. No I am not.

And seriously, why have they picked up the license for the Hobbit when the LOTR's game flopped so badly? I don't actually know anyone who plays it, nor have I ever seen anyone in the local GW who plays it, nor is it ever even discussed at the wargaming clubs. Am I missing something? Was the Hobbit just part of the LOTR's license they bought into?

I am extra annoyed because it means for the next 3 weeks there are no 40k gaming nights at the local GW. They are too busy promoting the Hobbit bollocks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-13-12, 07:32 AM
Septok's Flag is: England

It appeals to everyone's inner LOTR fanboy. Except that hardly anyone's going to buy it, if just because, given a few months, hardly anyone will be playing it. It's a nice idea, it just won't work.

Besides, it's GW-expensive. If it had been half the cost (which I am certain they could almost do while still making profit/unit), I would have considered it. But, given that it's £75 for a few lumps of plastic usable in a game system that so few people play, it's a no-no from me.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-13-12, 04:04 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb97613 View Post
you'd hope that GW was going to start offering 24 months interest free finance
If GW started doing financing it would be as bad as the local music store that does the same for me. I already shouldn't be allowed to have a credit card.

When LotR came out I painted up a couple models, it was cool. Interest ended. Now if they did a Wheel of time series...

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-17-12, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straken's_Fist View Post
No. No I am not.

And seriously, why have they picked up the license for the Hobbit when the LOTR's game flopped so badly? I don't actually know anyone who plays it, nor have I ever seen anyone in the local GW who plays it, nor is it ever even discussed at the wargaming clubs. Am I missing something? Was the Hobbit just part of the LOTR's license they bought into?

I am extra annoyed because it means for the next 3 weeks there are no 40k gaming nights at the local GW. They are too busy promoting the Hobbit bollocks.
I don't know about you but I do like the LOTR gaming style. Were it not for the fact that I have already bought a cron mega force dakka jet and a ork battle force I'd consider getting into it.

It's appealing because you don't need allot to have fun games.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-13, 09:41 AM

Nope, in some instances I am glad they are launching this because may be it will get more people back into LOTR. The LOTR scene in my area is completely dead.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-13, 01:01 PM

HUMYN HYBRID's Flag is: Australia

i have never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever evre ever ever ever ever ever seen LotR in my hobby places, nor is it talked about.

on a side note, i bet none of you noticed i spelt one of the ever's wrong, did yuo?

If you can't amaze people with your intelligence... Confuse them with your bullshit!
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-22-13, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMYN HYBRID View Post
evre
Found it

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMYN HYBRID View Post
yuo
Also this

And yeah, It's the same at my the GW I go to. They have a table set up with some minis on it, but I don't think it's ever been touched. They use the 40K and Fantasy ones to teach new players all the time though. Come to think of it, I don't think my LFGS sells any LOTR either.

Last edited by Insanity; 02-22-13 at 01:31 PM.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-23-13, 06:55 PM

slaaneshy's Flag is: United Kingdom

I suspect they bought the licence just to stop someone else doing so and creating competition....but yeah....I can't see this taking off much.

I am the White Knight!

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-13, 09:51 PM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaaneshy View Post
I suspect they bought the licence just to stop someone else doing so and creating competition....but yeah....I can't see this taking off much.
That sounds about right. I am a huge fan of the books and I enjoyed the films immensly. The pc games were ok too. But there is little that will encourage me to get into lotr. Especially when i have a 1 game system rule. 40k is it for me.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode