starting a kingdom of men army/rohan army :P - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings For all discussion related to the LotR game.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-12, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

captain wood's Flag is: Wales

Icon starting a kingdom of men army/rohan army :P

hey guys/girls iam starting lord of the rings :D , i have been admireing the game for sometime but always stoped to think hrm there arnt alot of players for it and omg its gonna take AGES to paint them all but now i have built the courge to get some but before i get anything i should let you know what units iam intrested in : i have always loved the forces rohan the fact that they are like vikings and look rlly tough. i also like the the army that defended helms deep i cant remeber the name of them. now here are my questions 1. can you use the main charecters in the army? 2. how does the whole ally thing work 3. what is the limt of chatecters/units in the game 4.what army llists work for the kingdom of men. thank you for your time bothering to read my post. anyother information about lord of the rings amrys would be fantastic i saw a thread that was uncompleted about this certain topic but nm also by doing this i can then take some of the information back to the hobby club and encourge other people to play lord of the rings :D.

"i know that my brothers are filled with rage and with the thirst of blood there pain and suffering will end, for soon they will face the mighty warrrgh were my brothers will die for there own hounor for the emperor and for sanguinus." (blood angels (the sanguinus saviours ) second founding chaplain wood 1st death company) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-6dKVNt1C4 great song to listen to if you are building painting or playing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-12, 01:15 PM

stalarious's Flag is: Germany

Well congrats! I was in the same boat I love the minis but not alot of people seem to play it. I took the plunge and went with Fallen kingdoms. Cheers and may you have fun with LOTR tabletop.

So I am growing my enemy.....so what I gotta kill something.

CENTER][/CENTER]
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-12, 05:21 PM

Chris Guard of Mardat's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain wood View Post
hey guys/girls iam starting lord of the rings :D , i have been admireing the game for sometime but always stoped to think hrm there arnt alot of players for it and omg its gonna take AGES to paint them all but now i have built the courge to get some but before i get anything i should let you know what units iam intrested in : i have always loved the forces rohan the fact that they are like vikings and look rlly tough. i also like the the army that defended helms deep i cant remeber the name of them. now here are my questions 1. can you use the main charecters in the army? Yes you can 2. how does the whole ally thing work You select a hero as you would for the rest of your army, and then take the warriors from their army list 3. what is the limt of chatecters/units in the game 12 warriors per hero 4.what army llists work for the kingdom of men. All of them work, just in different ways, it largely depends on your playstyle, what you like the looks of (all the normal things for every game system really) thank you for your time bothering to read my postno problem. anyother information about lord of the rings amrys would be fantastic i saw a thread that was uncompleted about this certain topic but nm also by doing this i can then take some of the information back to the hobby club and encourge other people to play lord of the rings :D.
Answers in Green

While I haven't got the Kingdoms of Men book, the rules are mainly the same as before, so here's an idea of a 595 point army list you could have:

Eomer, with Shield and Horse
12 Riders of Rohan (4 with Throwing Spears)

Erkenbrand with Horse
12 Warriors of Rohan (6 with Throwing Spears and Shields, 6 with Shields)

Captain of Rohan with Shield
12 Warriors of Rohan (6 with Throwing Spears and Shields, 5 with Shields, 1 with Banner)

I hope this helps in some way

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-12, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalarious View Post
Well congrats! I was in the same boat I love the minis but not alot of people seem to play it. I took the plunge and went with Fallen kingdoms. Cheers and may you have fun with LOTR tabletop.
WHY thank you good sir and yes i raise my glass of pepsi XD and meet you with that cheers HAHA!

"i know that my brothers are filled with rage and with the thirst of blood there pain and suffering will end, for soon they will face the mighty warrrgh were my brothers will die for there own hounor for the emperor and for sanguinus." (blood angels (the sanguinus saviours ) second founding chaplain wood 1st death company) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-6dKVNt1C4 great song to listen to if you are building painting or playing.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-12, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Guard of Mardat View Post
Answers in Green

While I haven't got the Kingdoms of Men book, the rules are mainly the same as before, so here's an idea of a 595 point army list you could have:

Eomer, with Shield and Horse
12 Riders of Rohan (4 with Throwing Spears)

Erkenbrand with Horse
12 Warriors of Rohan (6 with Throwing Spears and Shields, 6 with Shields)

Captain of Rohan with Shield
12 Warriors of Rohan (6 with Throwing Spears and Shields, 5 with Shields, 1 with Banner)

I hope this helps in some way
WOW thats probably THE best reply i have ever had on this forum and the most helpfull thanks dude and yes i will deffo start out with this army BUT i now have another problem my friend has already got an army he has 1 balrog 3 cave trolls 1 watcher in the dark or what everits called (mini balrog) and a dragon for 1000ps :O its gonna take me a hell of a lot of stuff to kill him by the looks of things....... any surgestions with that list XD and yet again thank you for your helpfullness :D

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-12, 10:28 PM

Chris Guard of Mardat's Flag is: England

Well his army is incredibly small, although elite, and you'll have to add stuff to get to 1000 - my suggestion is Grimbold and some Helmingas, and definitely more archers.

You'll want to shoot his Trolls/Dweller in the Dark first - statistically 36 shots will kill these (1/2 hit, 1/6 wound (not counting throwing weapons)), before using your throwing weapons (especially mounted) to kill his Dweller then Dragon - this will break his army and eventually his Dragon will flee (especially if you wound it a couple of times). Then you can just surround his Balrog and kill it with a war of attrition - it is possible, I have killed a Balrog in a 500 point battle before.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-12, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

hrm ok ill try to take that into affect

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Tabletop Wargames > The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode