Heresy Online Army Painting Challenge. July 2015 - June 2016. - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Heresy Online Competitions The place to go to pit your skills against your fellow heretics for awards and bragging rights. Compete in sponsored competitions for fabulous prizes!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-01-15, 10:31 PM

madfly-art's Flag is: Poland

Seems that only platoon command squad is a 5-men squad, rest should be 10-men. I dont have enought vostroyans to do so, so im out. But surely such an army would be in spirit of this challenge, so maybe judges will allow it? Vostroyans are quite expensive and hard to come by and I do have a lot of work and not much spare time for such challenge, so I would't be able to paint 25 vostroyans for each month.

Last edited by madfly-art; 07-01-15 at 10:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-01-15, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

A 25man platoon could be split over two months as a ten and a fifteen. The aim is to finish up with a painted, table-ready army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-01-15, 11:07 PM

madfly-art's Flag is: Poland

Well the vostroyans should be an exception as I have only 50 of them total. Seems a bit unfair that there may be a 6-men eldar squad and not this. Your call.

post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-01-15, 11:24 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I think I'll go with a Nebelwerfer for my BA Germans. Pics to follow.
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-01-15, 11:49 PM
To The Dark Tower Came

The Gunslinger's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by madfly-art View Post
Well the vostroyans should be an exception as I have only 50 of them total. Seems a bit unfair that there may be a 6-men eldar squad and not this. Your call.
You dont have to paint a whole platoon each month, just a ten man squad, atleest thats my understanding. You could do a platoon over 3 months, then sprinkle in some other stuff.

I think he just means it has to be a force legal squad, eldar can have a squad of 6, imperial guard cant.

Check out my Project Log: Forbidden Colours!
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-02-15, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger View Post
I think he just means it has to be a force legal squad, eldar can have a squad of 6, imperial guard cant.
Beat me to it matey

"Force-legal" is probably the best way to put it

Quote:
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-19-15, 07:25 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Query.

Looking to start and just read the rules. Read the part about allies. However my question is for my Ad Mech. I'm planning to use the War Covocation gaming wise. Now if I chose Cult Mechanicus as my first army would this mean Skitarii would therefore count as my second army, or do I get leeway in this so it counts as one army. Either option is fine, but if it's the first I'll just choose my Sisters or 30k to be my primary army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-20-15, 10:45 AM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Realized that, although I have already submitted my entry for this month, I haven't actually signed up on here. So this is me, signing up. I will be continuing to grow my 30k Emperor's Children legion.

Don't suppose there's a "I've run out of organs to sell and so can't afford any new minatures this month" card I can use?

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-20-15, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli View Post
Query.

Looking to start and just read the rules. Read the part about allies. However my question is for my Ad Mech. I'm planning to use the War Covocation gaming wise. Now if I chose Cult Mechanicus as my first army would this mean Skitarii would therefore count as my second army, or do I get leeway in this so it counts as one army. Either option is fine, but if it's the first I'll just choose my Sisters or 30k to be my primary army.
If you build the minimum required units for an Allied Force with your Skitarii, then it would still count as your first army. If you went "all in" painting Skitarii then yeah, it'd be your second army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
Don't suppose there's a "I've run out of organs to sell and so can't afford any new minatures this month" card I can use?
No.

Quote:
post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-20-15, 09:11 PM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
No.
Oh

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Heresy Online Competitions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode