Army Painting Challenge - March 2015. - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Heresy Online Competitions The place to go to pit your skills against your fellow heretics for awards and bragging rights. Compete in sponsored competitions for fabulous prizes!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-17-15, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

@Iraqiel
@SwedeMarine
@Nordicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-18-15, 04:02 PM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-19-15, 02:16 PM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

Here's some wip
20150319_141217.jpg
Not sure what to do with the relief. Some desecration is needed. Maybe some crucifixion. ....

post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-20-15, 10:22 PM

Howzaa's Flag is: England

This seems weird done with time to go and it wasn't a single model, didn't really like the casting on these and means didn't enjoy so these aren't as good as normal from me. Lightning looks weird when out of focus too is a bit sharper than it looks.
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-20-15, 10:58 PM

R_Squared's Flag is: England

^^^ I quite like them TBH, although the focus is a bit off for some of them. Maybe take a couple of picture with only two or three models at a time so we can get a good look at the detail?

I finished up my Battlewagon tonight. I've been trying out new paints and new techniques galore recently, and I wanted to avoid a "clean" look on this vehicle. Gone for a clanky rustbucket. I've got some Mek Guns, and Killa Kans to get around to, and I'm going to revisit my Trukk too.
Adding Rust and grime is really effective, and pretty straightforward. Obviously I've gone a bit overboard here, but I was really enjoying the way the effect works and got a bit carried away.
Still, it was fun to paint.

I forgot to add, I left it modular, so that I can configure it however I want for any game. I wasn't going to bother with the 'Ard case at first, and quite like having the Kannon over the cab, but thought I do it all anyway, and keep my options open.
The Kaptin and the blanking plate have a tendency to fall out though, which is annoying. I may have to weigh them down somehow. Anyone got any tips?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Battlewagon01.JPG (646.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Battlewagon02.JPG (809.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Battlewagon03.JPG (667.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Battlewagon04.JPG (796.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Battlewagon05.JPG (792.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Battlewagon06.JPG (853.4 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by R_Squared; 03-20-15 at 11:19 PM.
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-20-15, 11:28 PM

R_Squared's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDuke View Post
Here's some wip
Attachment 959964082
Not sure what to do with the relief. Some desecration is needed. Maybe some crucifixion. ....
Some sacrilegious graffiti? 8 pointed stars and the like over Imperial insignia etc, bullet hole damage and the like, covered in spray paint?
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-21-15, 05:43 AM

Relise's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Squared View Post
I finished up my Battlewagon tonight. I've been trying out new paints and new techniques galore recently, and I wanted to avoid a "clean" look on this vehicle. Gone for a clanky rustbucket. I've got some Mek Guns, and Killa Kans to get around to, and I'm going to revisit my Trukk too.
Adding Rust and grime is really effective, and pretty straightforward. Obviously I've gone a bit overboard here, but I was really enjoying the way the effect works and got a bit carried away.
Still, it was fun to paint.
And it looks great!! Very impressive and it certainly looks well battle worn

I haven't even got a base coat on my Trukk yet

Last edited by Relise; 03-21-15 at 11:24 AM.
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-21-15, 09:54 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howzaa View Post
sharp
I'm pretty impressed by these mate, they look great from here. Loving the glowing red eyes and you've really mastered the lightning effect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Squared View Post
my Battlewagon
\

Wow mate, that looks incredible! Great work with the effects, but even the checkering is great and the whole model seems really characterful! As to weighting... Considered wrapping a jewelery chain from a cheap jewellery store around things? It would still look in theme if you chose a dull one, and will lend the weight you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDuke View Post
Maybe some crucifixion. ....
I have a crimson fist crucified on my chosen's rhino. It always gets slightly nervous comments...

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-21-15, 11:35 AM

Howzaa's Flag is: England

Cheers Iraqiel & R_Squared, there's some extra pics in my project log in the signature of half the group at a time which is better in focus.

That's a really cool battlewagon mate looks exactly as it should in my eyes great job.

DaisyDuke if in doubt put a giant chaos star over the defiled aquila instant chaosified, you could use some of the banners you get in infantry kits/extras from the tank kits if you have the spares they should help
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-23-15, 03:10 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Challenge done!

Close-up of one of the tanks:

And proof that all 3 are done:

Last edited by Nordicus; 03-24-15 at 09:08 AM.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Heresy Online Competitions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode