Army Painting Challenge - August 2014 - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Heresy Online Competitions The place to go to pit your skills against your fellow heretics for awards and bragging rights. Compete in sponsored competitions for fabulous prizes!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-04-14, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
I regret nothing! NOTHING I TELL YOU!
You will. Oh, you will.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-05-14, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Right, this month I will be doing the following:

Wani Terror Ship (1).
Support Air Wings (5).

The Terror Ship is this months actual entry, but I intend to do the fighters as well just to get them out of the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-07-14, 09:27 AM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

OK well I have been rubbish this challenge. I have failed to finish my entry 2 months in a row! SO to address this I will complete my converted dark eldar plague bearers. I feel I will have to pull all the stops out when we have a double entry month to catch up a bit.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.

post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-07-14, 12:54 PM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by humakt View Post
OK well I have been rubbish this challenge. I have failed to finish my entry 2 months in a row! SO to address this I will complete my converted dark eldar plague bearers. I feel I will have to pull all the stops out when we have a double entry month to catch up a bit.
You don't really have a choice now do you mate?

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-07-14, 01:57 PM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeMarine View Post
You don't really have a choice now do you mate?
You would think that after running the challenge for the last few years I'd be on the ball, but alas life has been far too hectic as of late

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-07-14, 02:26 PM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Before:

Tonight:

Hurray! On to more stuff! And maybe basing soon!

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-07-14, 04:13 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

That's a lot of plasma, Iraqiel! I can just imagine letting 20 plasma shots fly against some poor fool who comes too close... (though I assume they would be a CCS and 2 Vet squads, not a PCS and 2 Infantry Squads, judging by how many special weapons you're bringing... eh, close enough, and BS4, besides)

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-10-14, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
That's a lot of plasma, Iraqiel! I can just imagine letting 20 plasma shots fly against some poor fool who comes too close... (though I assume they would be a CCS and 2 Vet squads, not a PCS and 2 Infantry Squads, judging by how many special weapons you're bringing... eh, close enough, and BS4, besides)
It sure is - I was worried at first that bringing 12 plasmaguns (two in my scion command) to the table for 1000 - 2500 point games was going to be too unfair, but after two games my typical rolling sees me lose 50% of them to 'gets hot', throughout the game. This means they normally whittle down a squad of marines or bikers or whatever and then eat bolts and chainsword. This list has (currently) 6 flyers (planning for 9), which means boots on the ground are few and, being guard, not too difficult to displace and destroy.

Well, I've done my next entry this month and got photos for another - tearing through the backlog, thanks kindly to doing uni long distance.

Strongpoint:

And next up, Vengeance Batteries.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-10-14, 02:39 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqiel View Post
It sure is - I was worried at first that bringing 12 plasmaguns (two in my scion command) to the table for 1000 - 2500 point games was going to be too unfair, but after two games my typical rolling sees me lose 50% of them to 'gets hot', throughout the game. This means they normally whittle down a squad of marines or bikers or whatever and then eat bolts and chainsword. This list has (currently) 6 flyers (planning for 9), which means boots on the ground are few and, being guard, not too difficult to displace and destroy.
I'd probably bring Kurov's Aquila for Preferred Enemy rerolls to those 1s and/or Primaris Psykers casting Prescience to save a lot of plasma deaths and make the shots more effective.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-10-14, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Primaris Psykers casting Prescience
Ah! Thanks for the reminder - the white metal model in my 'to do' picture above is a primaris psyker.

Iraqiel

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Heresy Online Competitions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode