Would it be possible to see my results laid out turn by turn. I'm surprised I dealt so little damage and took so much. Also if he overheated how did he do a wound?
I'm just trying to make sure everything got accounted for, like the leadership check at -2 for when he lost close combat.
- Pre-turn preparations: Jokearo rolls a 1 (+1 modifier). Improved Gun Sights.
- Tau shooting: Plasma Rifle and Missile Pod, three hits, two wounds allocated to Plasma Gun Acolyte and Carapace Storm Bolter Acolyte.
- Warband shooting: (Neuroweb System Jammers), Storm Bolter shooting (6 hits, 3 wounds, no failed armour saves - one Gets Hot wound), Plasma Gun shooting (4 hits, 4 wounds, one failed invulnerable save), Jokearo Lascannons (0 hits).
- Close Combat: Tau (2 hits, 1 wound, no failed armour saves), Warband (8 hits, 2 wounds, no failed armour saves)
- Tau shooting: Plasma Rifle and Missile Pod, three hits, 1 wound allocated to Storm Shield Acolyte, failed invulnerable save.
- Warband shooting: *Neuroweb System Jammers* Storm Bolters (3 hits, 2 wounds, no failed armour saves), Plasma Guns (3 hits, 2 wounds, 2 unsavable wounds), Jokearo Lascannons (1 hit, 1 wound, 1 unsavable wound).
- Close Combat: Tau (3 hits, 2 wounds, Jokearo failed armour save, Plasma Gun failed armour save), Warband (5 hits, 1 wound, no failed armour saves)
MORALE CHECK (Warband): 4 - passed (with -4 modifier).
- Tau shooting: Plasma Rifle and Missile Pod (4 hits, 4 wounds, 4 unsavable wounds - Jokearo, 2x Carapace Storm Bolter Acolytes, Plasma Gun)
- Warband shooting: *Neuroweb System Jammers* Storm Bolters (4 hits, 1 wound, no failed armour saves), Jokearo Lascannon (0 hits), Plasma Gun (1 hit, 1 wound, 1 unsavable wound, Gets Hot wound).
Tau Commander eliminated. Warband survivors - Flak armour Storm Bolter Acolyte.
Hard luck mate, it was damn close.
If there were four separate weapons for the purposes of weapons destroyed, it would have four separate weapons listed under "Wargear". There are not, so it does not.
Just so I'm not holding out false hope here Spanner, what's your official ruling on this?
It would appear, upon reading the BRB section on P.84 more closely, that the "arm" is not a weapon specifically. Instead, we have two parts: the Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon (Blood Talon), and the Heavy Flamer. From this it would then seem that one OR the other would be destroyed, and not both. That said, I played with the other ruling all the way through 5th edition (hasn't really been an issue in 6th as I don't see/use many walkers). Also, as routine mentioned, the wargear lists the arm as including both parts.
Final Judgement: I will re-roll the round, but I will use the ruling that they are treated separately.
You think emailing GW could get us a clear answer?