Ultimate Unit Game: Retro Edition #3 - All Rounder - Page 15 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Heresy Online Competitions The place to go to pit your skills against your fellow heretics for awards and bragging rights. Compete in sponsored competitions for fabulous prizes!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-08-13, 11:58 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Meddler View Post
Umm, you need both arms to get extra attacks (for Angel of Blood's death company dreadnought), and he lost the heavy flamer arm. It's on page 60 of the codex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
Interestingly, the wording says nothing specific about if one arm is destroyed. Though I guess "has two blood talons" is fairly straightforward. Looks like a re-roll is in order then.
The weapon destroyed result was on the Heavy Flamer it seems, you don't actually lose the arm. To lose the extra attack you'd need to have had the CCW destroyed.

Check on Page 84 of the BRB.

Last edited by Magpie_Oz; 07-09-13 at 12:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-09-13, 12:48 AM

Think about it though Magpie.. if you could destroy what IS specified as a built-in weapon separately from the arm it is attached to, then the reverse would be true, and you could somehow destroy the Dreadnought arm without losing the Heavy Flamer, which doesnt make sense.

I'm relieved we're in for a re-roll of course, but if I lose legitimately, then well done Angel of Blood (and if I lose in the same way, then thats what I get for being a nooblet and forgetting about the craptastic Morale of Guardsmen)

The Grey Knights: Because Huzzah for Blind Faith and Unreasonable Hatred!
post #143 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-09-13, 01:06 AM
Banned

It's not about "sense" it's about what is in the rules. You can't destroy the arm.
The result on the damage table is "weapon destroyed" not "arm destroyed"

If you want to talk practicalities then the models clearly have the flamer hanging off the bottom of the arm, very easy to shoot it off and leave the talons operational.

post #144 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-09-13, 01:26 AM

Under "Wargear" for the Death Company Dreadnought, the Bloodfist with Built-In Weapon is listed as One Entry, not two separate ones. Therefore it is reasonable to assume that they are treated as One Weapon

post #145 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-09-13, 01:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine View Post
Under "Wargear" for the Death Company Dreadnought, the Bloodfist with Built-In Weapon is listed as One Entry, not two separate ones. Therefore it is reasonable to assume that they are treated as One Weapon
Yet you can change the fists to talons without losing the "built-ins"

What ever the semantics of it, the Dreadnaught has 4 weapons. Two fists/talons, a H Flamer and a Melta.

Any Weapon destroyed result needs to randomly destroy 1 of these, leaving the others operational.
post #146 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-09-13, 01:53 AM

If there were four separate weapons for the purposes of weapons destroyed, it would have four separate weapons listed under "Wargear". There are not, so it does not.

Just so I'm not holding out false hope here Spanner, what's your official ruling on this?

post #147 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-09-13, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post

If you want to talk practicalities then the models clearly have the flamer hanging off the bottom of the arm, very easy to shoot it off and leave the talons operational.
If your going to bring the model into it, then I'll point out that the Built-In Weapon, whatever it may be, is always attached to the underside of the Fist/Talon. Anything that blows off the Fist/Talon would take the Built-In Weapon with it.

post #148 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-09-13, 01:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine View Post
If your going to bring the model into it, then I'll point out that the Built-In Weapon, whatever it may be, is always attached to the underside of the Fist/Talon. Anything that blows off the Fist/Talon would take the Built-In Weapon with it.
Not necessarily, it could be a simple as something breaking the promethium hose, however all that is irrelevant as we should be going off what the rules say.
post #149 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-09-13, 02:04 AM
Nero Genesis's Flag is: USA

Would it be possible to see my results laid out turn by turn. I'm surprised I dealt so little damage and took so much. Also if he overheated how did he do a wound?

I'm just trying to make sure everything got accounted for, like the leadership check at -2 for when he lost close combat.

Last edited by Nero Genesis; 07-09-13 at 02:08 AM.
post #150 of 170 (permalink) Old 07-09-13, 02:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero Genesis View Post
Would it be possible to see my results laid out turn by turn. I'm surprised I dealt so little damage and took so much. Also if he overheated how did he do a wound?

I'm just trying to make sure everything got accounted for, like the leadership check at -2 for when he lost close combat.
Not sure but it might be rapid fire, one good shot and one that overheats ?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Heresy Online Competitions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode