Army Painting Challenge 2012 - September - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Heresy Online Competitions The place to go to pit your skills against your fellow heretics for awards and bragging rights. Compete in sponsored competitions for fabulous prizes!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-04-12, 07:54 PM
Icarus Miniatures

imm0rtal reaper's Flag is: Wales

I'll be doing a hero of some sorts this month as I have to move back to Cardiff and write a novel in September . . .

EDIT:

Not as much a hero:

A £5 dragon I picked up from the works, with a necromancer/vampire lord (haven't decided) rider

Last edited by imm0rtal reaper; 09-06-12 at 09:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 03:28 AM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Hey all, for my entry this month I'll be painting up my Armorcast Cannon of Khorne. I've had an Armorcast Cauldron of Blood for years - since they were on sale originally (which I'll be touching up sometime soon too, in retrospect my paint job is kind of simplistic and juvenile), but a while back a I scored a Cannon of Khorne on ebay at a pretty good price. It will make a perfect stand-in possessed Vindicator.

Good luck to everyone who has already posted their entries this month, and best of luck to those yet to post theirs!

- Edit 2012/10/25 -

I don't know what the status of attachments is so I'll link these in as well.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg cannon_of_khorne_front_2012-09-06.jpg (145.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg cannon_of_khorne_back_2012-09-06.jpg (176.5 KB, 0 views)

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.

Last edited by Kreuger; 10-25-12 at 05:00 AM.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 10:02 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
Hey all, for my entry this month I'll be painting up my Armorcast Cannon of Khorne. I've had an Armorcast Cauldron of Blood for years - since they were on sale originally (which I'll be touching up sometime soon too, in retrospect my paint job is kind of simplistic and juvenile), but a while back a I scored a Cannon of Khorne on ebay at a pretty good price. It will make a perfect stand-in possessed Vindicator.

Good luck to everyone who has already posted their entries this month, and best of luck to those yet to post theirs!
Is it wrong to get a feeling in my special place when I saw this? This really brings me back. Looking forward to this more than I have anything in a long time.

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 10:53 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Is it wrong to get a feeling in my special place when I saw this? This really brings me back. Looking forward to this more than I have anything in a long time.
Is this a Khornate special place or a Slaaneshi special place?

Judging by your name, I'm betting Khornate. In that case the feeling is entirely right! I'll try not to disappoint.

Congratulations and best of luck to you with your new 'miniature' project!

My daughter is 11 months old so the evenings are peaceful and I can get some painting done without losing time with her or the Missus. . . . AND she just leveled up to 'teething'.
So that's an adventure

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.

Last edited by Kreuger; 09-07-12 at 11:00 PM.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-08-12, 07:04 AM

Zero Effect's Flag is: United Kingdom

I was torn with the idea of painting the Scourges, Wyches or Character, it is decided with Games Day, Birthday, visits home to see the family (serving UK Armed Forces)and with my slow painting my time for this will be limited in September.

So here is my attempt at the Serpent's Bite, The Duke

Now this is the first time I have worked really with green stuff, apart from cloaks. Helmet is standard Kabalite Warrior, sliced a flat edge of the top to add another helmet decoration and then added green stuff to made hair detail from the top.

Swords are right handed only and with much patience I sliced one off and removed a warrior pistol from the left arm and placed the sword on. Also with the swords I removed the capsule off them.

The left arm has a new bit of wrapped cloth around the joint. And finally the cloak, took for ages to do but seems to gone in the right direction with the posing.

Good Luck all entering the 6th-7th month of the Challenge, there has been some beautiful armies and hordes being created.

Zero Effect
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-08-12, 12:48 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
Congratulations and best of luck to you with your new 'miniature' project!

My daughter is 11 months old so the evenings are peaceful and I can get some painting done without losing time with her or the Missus. . . . AND she just leveled up to 'teething'.
So that's an adventure
Cheers mate. It's all good at the moment. She's sleeping all evening, and considering my recent dissallusionment with GW I have switched most of my painting efforts to 15mm Flames of War lately, I am still managing to get a decent amount of painting done, just on a smaller scale.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-09-12, 03:33 PM
Icarus Miniatures

imm0rtal reaper's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by imm0rtal reaper View Post
I'll be doing a hero of some sorts this month as I have to move back to Cardiff and write a novel in September . . .

EDIT:

Not as much a hero:

A £5 dragon I picked up from the works, with a necromancer/vampire lord (haven't decided) rider

He's done for now. May touch the wings up at a later date.

post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-11-12, 12:58 AM

KjellThorngaard's Flag is: USA

Location: In the basement, surrounded by Woodland Scenics packages.

My entry for the month is a unit of crossbowmen. 10 to start, though I hope to make it 20 before the month is out.

and:

post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-11-12, 04:23 PM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by imm0rtal reaper View Post

He's done for now. May touch the wings up at a later date.
Clean and crisp as usual. But why is it not the same rider on the before and after shot?

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-11-12, 05:03 PM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm going to try and paint something for this month, however I'm off to Norway in a few hours and will only have about a week when I get back, so its going to be tight in time but we will see

Good luck this month everyone who is still working on an entry and well done for people who have already completed
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Heresy Online Competitions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode