Monthly Conversion Deathmatch - Announcement and Questions - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Heresy Online Competitions The place to go to pit your skills against your fellow heretics for awards and bragging rights. Compete in sponsored competitions for fabulous prizes!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-01-12, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-26-12, 09:31 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

I started one conversion that turned into something entirely different (well, spawned soething different, while the original idea was changed substantially and completed in a different way). My "before" picture is now only partially valid, whether I post up the original idea (which I accomplished in a different way and not entirely to my satisfaction) or, like I would prefer, the off-shoot project. I understand that it's expected that changes will occur as conversion exposes certain realities about the kits being bashed, but thought I would float this question:

Can I post the "before" of the original project and the "after" of the off-shoot, with only partial picture documentation of the change-over, or am I constrained to an "after" of the initial project, though some aspects of it changed in the process?

For clarification, the initial project was a scratch-built Thunderfire Cannon with Techmarine. While I was unhappy with the initial cannon for the purposes of a TFC, I thought it would make the barrels of an excellent quad gun, so I entirely scratch built an Aegis Defense Line with a quad gun. May I post the ADL as my conversion project for this month?

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #33 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-27-12, 08:29 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Coda question: if I post one of those projects this month, may I also post the other next month? I realize this would be a violation of the "a project that you've done this month" guideline and would be totally fine with a "no" for an answer.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

post #34 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-28-12, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Can I post the "before" of the original project and the "after" of the off-shoot, with only partial picture documentation of the change-over, or am I constrained to an "after" of the initial project, though some aspects of it changed in the process?
The "before" picture is there to help people see what changes have been made, so you are fine to use the photograph of the original starting point if the plan changed mid-project.

Quote:
Coda question: if I post one of those projects this month, may I also post the other next month? I realize this would be a violation of the "a project that you've done this month" guideline and would be totally fine with a "no" for an answer.
While planning can can be done in advance, the actual construction must be done between the start date of the entry period and the end date, so you could not enter any work done this month in next month's deathmatch.

However, if you do more work on an existing project it is acceptable to use a photograph of the project as-is as a "before" photograph and enter just the additions made.
post #35 of 49 (permalink) Old 11-02-12, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

post #36 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-04-12, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Two more additions to the FAQ:

Do all the parts have to be GW? If not is there a minimum percentage that have to be GW parts?

There is no requirement for the conversion to be for a GW game or to use any GW parts.

I converted several areas around the model; therefore my conversion looks better in three-dimensions. Can I submit several photographs of the finished product from different angles?

If you do not have the time or ability to make a photo montage you can post as many photographs in the entry thread as you wish.

To avoid voters potentially being overwhelmed by photographs of entries at the top of the list up to two photographs will be displayed in the voting thread. If you have a preference as to which photographs are displayed it should be indicated in the entry thread.
post #37 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-08-12, 09:08 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Another question: may I change entries? I'm working on several projects at once (as you might have seen on my Plog) and one is turning out rather more impressively than the entry I posted up initially in the December entry thread. I really think that the Daemon Prince I'm working on is a much stronger entry than my Fateweaver model.

May I drop my initial entry, then post a picture of a different project as it was at the beginning of the month?

CSM Plog, Tactica

post #38 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-09-12, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Another question: may I change entries? I'm working on several projects at once (as you might have seen on my Plog) and one is turning out rather more impressively than the entry I posted up initially in the December entry thread. I really think that the Daemon Prince I'm working on is a much stronger entry than my Fateweaver model.

May I drop my initial entry, then post a picture of a different project as it was at the beginning of the month?
Yes.
post #39 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-29-12, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

What is the maximum amount of models one can present for a "Squad based" conversion?

There is no upper limit for the number of models in a squad. However all models have to be converted between the start and end dates of the competition.
post #40 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-08-13, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

An addition to the FAQ:

I just discovered the Deathmatch and would like to enter the conversion I started a few days ago. Can I use photographs of identical parts to those I used as my before picture?

Yes. The primary purpose of the before picture is to let voters assess how much inspiration and graft has gone into the conversion. It also lets people who want to try a similar conversion see which parts you used. By entering the competition you assert that you started the conversion in the relevant month anyway.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Heresy Online Competitions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode