Grey Knights 750Pts, need suggestions - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-11, 12:19 PM

Constatine_Valdor's Flag is: Spain

I'm not very fond of foot-slogging because a well-placed template of a Leman Russ or similar things will blow your army in 2 turns.
I think the Stormraven is too expensive for a game of these points but it's fast and not easy to take down so it's up to you.

I would play with other kind of list, i write it down for you, not a fond of Coteaz but at small points' value it works great:

Inquisitor Coteaz --> 100 points

5 Purifiers: 2 with Psycannon, 2 Halberds, 1 Hammer --> 149 points
Transport: Rhino --> 40 points

I recommend Coteaz with these guys, its Hammerhand and Sanctuary can be something lethal if used properly.

Henchmen Squad: 4 Acolytes, 8 Psykers --> 96 points
Transport: Chimera with Multilaser and Heavy Flamer --> 55 points

You have a nice big template of S10 AP1, something really nice to have when playing few points' games.

Henchmen Squad: 5 Crusaders, 7 Assassins --> 180 points

Your hard-hitting squad. I think they can deal with everything the enemy can throw at you.

Henchmen Squad: 5 Acolytes --> 20 points

Your objective holder unit. Cheap and fast enough to dispute objectives. All weapons fired to this unit are wasted as the real threat are the other units.

Total: 750 points

Scoring: 3
KP: 9

35 Miniatures, 4 Vehicles

Hope you like it.

The Emperor Protects ME!!

TKE's NTGU Brigade

Last edited by Constatine_Valdor; 10-14-11 at 12:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-15-11, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

Crimson Shadow's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constatine_Valdor View Post
I'm not very fond of foot-slogging because a well-placed template of a Leman Russ or similar things will blow your army in 2 turns.
I think the Stormraven is too expensive for a game of these points but it's fast and not easy to take down so it's up to you.

I would play with other kind of list, i write it down for you, not a fond of Coteaz but at small points' value it works great:

Inquisitor Coteaz --> 100 points

5 Purifiers: 2 with Psycannon, 2 Halberds, 1 Hammer --> 149 points
Transport: Rhino --> 40 points

I recommend Coteaz with these guys, its Hammerhand and Sanctuary can be something lethal if used properly.

Henchmen Squad: 4 Acolytes, 8 Psykers --> 96 points

You have a nice big template of S10 AP1, something really nice to have when playing few points' games.

Henchmen Squad: 5 Crusaders, 7 Assassins --> 180 points

Your hard-hitting squad. I think they can deal with everything the enemy can throw at you.

Henchmen Squad: 5 Acolytes --> 20 points

Your objective holder unit. Cheap and fast enough to dispute objectives. All weapons fired to this unit are wasted as the real threat are the other units.

Total: 750 points

Scoring: 3
KP: 9

35 Miniatures, 4 Vehicles

Hope you like it.
I appreciate the suggestion, but as I have 0 of these models other than the Purifiers, I need to be mostly Grey knights.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-18-11, 09:38 AM

Hi,

I am currently putting together a 1500 point list and I would say the most cost effective hq and troop combo I can find is taking inquisitor coteaz so you can take inquisitorial henchmen warbands as troops. He is 100 points and I would then suggest taking a 12 man squad of death cult assassins (if you have the points spare) at 15 points per model with 2 attacks (3 of the charge) at WS 5 they are a bargin.

Yes they dont have great armour but put them in a transport and take them straight to the front line and they can do some real cc damage to the enemy troop choices. So they could deal with the enemies weaker troops and leave the bigger targets down to the other units with better armour and bs.

They are so cheap it doesn't really matter if all they do is take out 1 enemy unit.

With regards to Purifiers vs Purgation you do want some anti armour however grey knights are CC and with a 750 list I would be tempted to stick to CC and just go for an all out assualt taking the fight to the enemy.

I would play about with something like

HQ
Inquisitor Coteaz - 100pts

Elites
5 man purifier - 128pts
4 halbard
1 Incinerator

Troops
Stike squad and terminators like you have

Stike squad - 120pts

Termies - 225pts

9 death cult assassins - 135pts

Transport

Rhino - 40pts

Total: 746

I would use the rhino for the death cults as they are weaker than the rest of the units. However if you can find a spare 40 points by striping some upgrades off other units a 2nd rhino would also help.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Grey Knights Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode