2000 point GK List - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-11, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Default 2000 point GK List

This is what I am thinking about trying out this Saturday. I am open to suggestions, but I think it will be pretty solid.

GM Mordrak
5 Paladins with 2 incinerators.

(these are going to deep-strike on turn 1 close to the enemy to provide fire support for the purifiers squads.

2 x Purifier Squads
10 Purifiers
4 Halberds
1 Hammer (one of the squads hammers will be master crafter to use last 5
points)
4 Psycannons
Razorback with spotlight and Heavy Bolter (Psyammo)

The Plan is 2 give both of these units scouting. Then I will combat squad them, and the 4 halberds and hammer will move in the razorback for 1st turn assault (assuming enemy is within 2" of edge of deployment zone) The other half of the combat squads (4 psycannon) will use the scout move to get to mid-field cover.

This will, hopefully, give me 2 units of purifiers charging on turn 1, supported by a unit of Paladins for reinforcements (they will also shoot some stuff up to soften targets)

It will also give me 2 units of purifiers in midfield, with 4 psycannons each - along with 2 bolter razorbacks.

The rest of the army will be:
2 x psyriflemen

2 x GKSS
10 Marines
2 Psycannons
1 Rhino with spot light, extra storm bolter and psyammo.

I will combat squad the GKSS, putting the 2 psycannons in the Rhino. These will sit on the objectives. The 2 rifledreads will be where they can support the objectives and the mid-field/assualt elements. Each one of the dreads will be supported by the other half of the GKSS combat squads, which will provide counter charge support and prevent any deep-strike meltas from killing the dreads too easily.

I think it is pretty solid, but if I missed anything, or I could tweak some points a little, please let me know. I thought about Halberds for the Paladins, but I mostly play against orks, marines, gaurds, and 'nids - so I am either going to go first anyway, or I am not going to go first even with the halberds, that being said, I figure I am better off with in invuln save bonus (for the rending attacks that go before me, or for the power klaws that I can't stop getting through due to ablative wounds)

Last edited by Himkano; 05-10-11 at 10:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-11, 10:46 PM

Bushido's Flag is: South Africa

Please try and write up the whole list in a single part of your post it's kind of difficult to figure out what is going on here.

Sadly Mordak can't join paladin squads or any units other than his ghosts knights really, he isnt an independent character. If however you still want to keep the paladins you should really try and get a diffrent wargear load out on each so that you can take advantage of wound allocation, I would do it like this:
1. Incenerator, sword
2. Incenerator, halberd
3. halberd
4. sword
5. hammer
= 285

"In the morning I will be sober but you will still be ugly"

Also known as lt_sparky
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-11, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Ah, you are right - I was thrown off by the "...and any unit he accompanies..." under "first into the fray", I didn't even look for IC rule, good catch.

Does the wound allocation work? I understand for saves, but it seems the rule says something to the effect of : in a unit with models with multiple wounds is hit, the wound must be applied to the wounded model first...

I don't have the rule book with me, but I was under the impression that you could make 1 wound models survive this way (by manipulating who takes the saves), but I didn't think you could do it with actual wounds - although I guess the model that takes the save would have to take the wound - so that makes sense.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-11, 01:42 AM

JelloSea's Flag is: USA

Mordrak is not a Independent character. Ghost knights or nothing. Cant assault out of a moving razorback.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Grey Knights Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode