1750 all rounder competative - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-11, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Bushido's Flag is: South Africa

1750 all rounder competative

I know that the number of new grey knight lists that are filling up the boards makes my little post nearly meaningless, but still if you have the time let me know what you think about this list.

HQ

Cortez

Grand Master
Incinerator
3 servo skulls
= 195

Elite

Vindicare

Troops

10 Grey Knights in PA
2 Psycannons
1 Hammer
Rhino
= 265

10 Grey Knights in PA
2 Psycannons
1 Hammer
Rhino
= 265

Henchmen
8 death cultists
2 Crusaders
Chimera
= 205

Henchmen
6 Psykers
Mystic
3 warriors
Servitor with MM
Chimera with HHF
= 147

Henchmen
6 Psykers
Mystic
3 warriors
Servitor with MM
Chimera with HHF
= 147

Heavy Support

Psyrifleman dread - 135
Psyrifleman dread - 135

= 1749

Notes:
1. I took the GM mainly for psychic communion and grand strategy, which I will be using to hopefully scout up the GK rhinos and death cultists.
2. The scouting units mentioned above move flatt out straight up the board and pop smoke. The idea here is create a threat from turn 1 for the enemy which will hopefully result in fire being drawn away from the psykers, dreads, and sniper.
3. mystics along with psychic communion can provide some defense for the psykers since a 5 man unit of grey knights could deepstrike in.
4. What I intend to use the assassin for is popping tanks and hopefully scaring my opponent into more predictable moves.
5. What im worried about is the number of kill points im fielding which could put me at a huge disadvantage in annihilation games. Also im very unsure about the GM since he is alot of points in one place and I don't know if his abilities are worth the steep price.

Let me know what you think

"In the morning I will be sober but you will still be ugly"

Also known as lt_sparky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-11, 11:38 AM

Hellgore's Flag is: Germany

Don't know if you really need the Incinerator on the GM, waste of his BS6 imo. Also I would stick him with the DCAs (although I don't know atm if the Scout-Grand Strategy tactic works this way, transferring it from the unit to the attached IC). Maybe give him a Halberd instead of the Incinerator giving him Ini7 and Hammerhand pushes the DCAs and the Crusaders.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-11, 11:44 AM

I see a weakness in the fact you have 1 Inquisitor and 2 Servitors needing babysitting. Servitors will mindlock the entire unit half the time, it's not worth the risk.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-11, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Bushido's Flag is: South Africa

Quote:
Don't know if you really need the Incinerator on the GM, waste of his BS6 imo. Also I would stick him with the DCAs (although I don't know atm if the Scout-Grand Strategy tactic works this way, transferring it from the unit to the attached IC). Maybe give him a Halberd instead of the Incinerator giving him Ini7 and Hammerhand pushes the DCAs and the Crusaders.
I agree with you on wasting his BS6 by giving him an incenrator but it's cheap and I don't know what else to give him. I am hesitant to trade out his sword since he is already I5 and it gives him a nice 3+ save in CC. I will check up on the IC and scouts thing later.

Quote:
I see a weakness in the fact you have 1 Inquisitor and 2 Servitors needing babysitting. Servitors will mindlock the entire unit half the time, it's not worth the risk.
You are totally right, mindlock totally slipped my mind

"In the morning I will be sober but you will still be ugly"

Also known as lt_sparky
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-11, 02:48 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

Replace the second servitor with a Jocaero. Means you need some points. Replace the Death Cult Chimera with a Rhino. Then the points come out fine.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-11, 07:39 AM

Hellgore's Flag is: Germany

Sooo I looked up the Scout USR. No, the unit doesn't transfer it to the IC. But I would let him join nevertheless and give HIM the Scout USR, unless you only rolled 1/2 ;). He can really boost the DCAs and take some damage away from them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Grey Knights Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode