The Summoning 2000 pts - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-22-11, 11:45 AM

Bushido's Flag is: South Africa

Quote:
Librarians can take tele homers which are a must for this list
To bad teleporter homers don't work for the summoning, it actually makes me want to cry

"In the morning I will be sober but you will still be ugly"

Also known as lt_sparky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-22-11, 01:20 PM

Ninja D's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Freak220 View Post
@Ninja D. Im not a huge fan of the SSs unless they are in small 5 man obj holding squads
No problem. I'm all for a player taking what they like to take as opposed to what someone else tells them to take because it's supposedly the optimal choice. If you know what your intentions are with a particular selection and understand its strengths and weaknesses, then I think you should be good when you play the game.

As an example, I really like the idea of Interceptors and try to make them work in my lists and I feel like I'm missing something when I don't take them. So I make sure I know what that particular squad is capable of and what they're not able to do and if that works with whatever list I'm designing.

Ninja D
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-03-11, 01:17 AM

karlhunt's Flag is: USA

Query, if I use the summoning on a land raider full of termies, can they assault this turn?
Also, why do homers not work on summoned units? Kind of seems like that would be the whole point of librarians being able to take the homers.

C'mon, Click my Daemon. You know you want to.

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-03-11, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlhunt View Post
Query, if I use the summoning on a land raider full of termies, can they assault this turn?
Also, why do homers not work on summoned units? Kind of seems like that would be the whole point of librarians being able to take the homers.
No because the unit used the Deep Strike rules.

Teleport Homers don't work because of the words in the book.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-03-11, 01:10 PM

"Teleport Homers don't work because of the words in the book."

You know, I have seen you use this phrase in several threads and you have yet to elaborate. Care to do so now or should I assume that you are just giving the answer the way you want it to be with no real support. Way I see it is that whereas all grey knight units are considdered to be teleporting when they enter the battlefield via conventional deep strike that the summoning would be the same, and whereas the warp fielded vehicles that are being transported are not being physically picked up and moved they are, in effect, teleporting. Therfore the way I read "the words in the book", YES teleport homers do in fact work with The Summoning.

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-03-11, 01:27 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

Teleport homers won't work on Land raiders, cause Teleport homers will only work on Strike Squads, Interceptor Squads, or models in Terminator armor (Codex, pg 62).

Will a homer work on a strike squad that is "summoned"? Teleport homers say ".... teleport onto the battlefield via deep strike" and "...only works for units that are teleporting, not other means". It can be argued that a summoned unit isn't entering the battlefield, it was already there, and they definately aren't "teleporting", since the Summoning doesn't have "teleport" in it's title or description. RAW, Teleport homers don't help "The summoning", but a skull in range will reduce the scatter, since you're using the normal deep strike rules.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-03-11, 01:28 PM

Quote:
"Teleport Homers don't work because of the words in the book."

You know, I have seen you use this phrase in several threads and you have yet to elaborate. Care to do so now or should I assume that you are just giving the answer the way you want it to be with no real support. Way I see it is that whereas all grey knight units are considdered to be teleporting when they enter the battlefield via conventional deep strike that the summoning would be the same, and whereas the warp fielded vehicles that are being transported are not being physically picked up and moved they are, in effect, teleporting. Therfore the way I read "the words in the book", YES teleport homers do in fact work with The Summoning.
I don't need to elaborate, read the words in the book and it will disabuse you of such foolish notions. I'm not here to quote the rules to you, you should own the book yourself. I'm just here to tell you to read it again. In fact do that, Quote the teleport homer section from the Grey Knights book right here.

Aramoro

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-03-11, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramoro View Post
I don't need to elaborate, read the words in the book and it will disabuse you of such foolish notions. I'm not here to quote the rules to you, you should own the book yourself. I'm just here to tell you to read it again. In fact do that, Quote the teleport homer section from the Grey Knights book right here.
Yeah, see I'm not that dumb. But whereas the Strike, Intercepters and Terminiators all explicitly describe teleporting in their deep strikes, it sounds to me like they would get the bonus. Jurry is still out on Warp Fields.

Now Creon maks some valid points. He can stay.

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-03-11, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Yeah, see I'm not that dumb. But whereas the Strike, Intercepters and Terminiators all explicitly describe teleporting in their deep strikes, it sounds to me like they would get the bonus. Jurry is still out on Warp Fields.
Are Land Raiders with Warp Fields Strike Squads, Interceptors or Wearing Terminator Armour?

Are they entering play via Deep Striking when being summoned?

Aramoro

post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-04-11, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

Iron_Freak220's Flag is: USA

Even though the summoning is not technically considered deep striking, i have to agree with karl that it does seem odd that the librarian is the only model who can take a homer. It does lend itself to being FAQ'd to work with summoning

Chaos Space Marines: Stay Spikey

Codex: The Ascended (Malice) WIP

Forging the Corruptor

Forum Formula Forever!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Grey Knights Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode