1500 Grey Knights 7th - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-14, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Spawner105's Flag is: USA

Default 1500 Grey Knights 7th

Made this army because i love GK models and woudnt mind having another army to play when im not feeling my orks. I defeinitely went for keeping the $$$ down here cause i dont have a huge expandable income and also just picked the models i liked the most cause draigo and dreadknights are probably some of my favorites. Just wanted to know the practicality of the list as i am new to them. i also have 30 points floating around and am unsure where to put them

HQ

175-Castellan Crowe (Warlord)

Troops

213-Terminator Squad (3x force halberds and storm bolter, 1x with daemon hammer and storm bolter, 1x force halberd and psycannon, Justicar with force halberd and teleport homer)

213-Terminator Squad (3x force halberds and storm bolter, 1x with daemon hammer and storm bolter, 1x force halberd and psycannon, Justicar with force halberd and teleport homer)

Heavy Support

205-Nemesis Dreadknight (Nemesis Greatsword, Heavy psycannon, personal teleporter)

205-Nemesis Dreadknight (Nemesis Greatsword, Heavy Psycannon, personal teleporter)

Lords of War

245-Kaldor Draigo

What is your life? My honour is my life.
What is your fate? My duty is my fate.
What is your fear. My fear is to fail.
What is your reward? My salvation is my reward.
What is your craft? My craft is death.
What is your pledge? My pledge is eternal service. -Anon. (4th Edition Black Templar Codex)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-02-14, 07:50 AM

Default Coming Along

Well from what I gathered. You are using models that you have and like so really there isn't much to say about your list in the regards to what should be done about it.

What I will state is that your list is rather casual

And my advice would be to change the load out on your terminator squads
so that at least one of them has a wardstave. It's cheap gives adamantium will and will go up to str 8 in close combat which will insta gibb anything without a 3+ or better save and even then still put the pressure on multi wound models with a 3+ save.

Other than Your coming along. I do think that you went a bit heavy on your dreadknight but seeing that this guy cost the same as what the previous dreadknight cost with essentially a *free* Greatsword and a *free* Heavy Psycannon really I can't say much along the lines as to why not to take it seeing that you wouldn't be able to put the points anywhere else anyways

All in All welcome to Gk and I hope you come to enjoy the greatest gifts of the GOD EMPEREOR
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-14, 02:14 PM
black_shadow851's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawner105 View Post
Made this army because i love GK models and woudnt mind having another army to play when im not feeling my orks. I defeinitely went for keeping the $$$ down here cause i dont have a huge expandable income and also just picked the models i liked the most cause draigo and dreadknights are probably some of my favorites. Just wanted to know the practicality of the list as i am new to them. i also have 30 points floating around and am unsure where to put them

HQ

175-Castellan Crowe (Warlord)

Troops

Heavy Support

205-Nemesis Dreadknight (Nemesis Greatsword, Heavy psycannon, personal teleporter)

205-Nemesis Dreadknight (Nemesis Greatsword, Heavy Psycannon, personal teleporter)

Lords of War

245-Kaldor Draigo
Hmmm been thinking a bit recently about what do to with the new grey knights. I am coming from a purely competitive point of view in look at your list.

I assume you are going to be deep striking those Termis. The only problem I see is that after you have deep striked, your mobility will be a weakness, so its important that this is placed well. If you are up against a highly mobile army they may just run away which would be a serious issue. Your dread knights with Tele will help though.

The other problem will be your model count is low for a 1500 points. If someone packs to many ap2 weapons than that will cause you problems. However; you have dreadknights which will take a few shots. It means that your opponent will need to make more choices about who to kill with their ap1/2 weapons. Which is what I like.

With the new codex, I'm thinking that Grey knights work best as an ally. Their GKSS now really suck :-( which was one way you use to get 30 bodies up which was their best way to get up tons of fire power.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-14, 02:29 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

GK list looks like a GK list to me, only thing it's missing is Ward Staves as has been said. You could find the points dropping some of those Psycannons down to Incinerators. You're going to be getting in close anyway, yeah? They work great on Overwatch, too.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Grey Knights Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode